What's new

Bangladesh:Gunfight at BDR headquarters

With due regards to you, I don’t see why you should be upset.

idune has not submitted any FIR or Charge Sheet here. I think he has put forward a plausible theory covering possible motive, plan & execution pattern and associated other activities of perpetrators----astonishingly which appears to be parallel with that of many others in Bangladesh. That means : still there are many who have other theories of their own.

Like idune----a good many other Bangladeshis are having ‘trials’ of there own at home or in any forum of their choice---because people widely lost their trust and hope----based on several events staged by BAL Govt----to get a timely true report on BDR carnage under current BAL Govt. BAL lost the first layer of their face, and already has come under doubt by general mass. These 'private trials' one day will have severe strength of its own---you may trust this.

My findings / comments are as below [in blue]:

Planning
1) BDR massacre was done under direct sponsorship, planning and supervision of India….. Most think so

2) In this massacre plan, there are two major stake holders. India and Awami League……The motive is thought wider by many. This massacre plan further intensified after detainment of Hasina during interim administration of 2007-2008.---a possibility to some

3) Overall plan was made…….. Most think so.

Execution
4) This massacre of army officers was planned and executed by involving two different teams……Shared by many

5) One team was BDR insiders and CORE of that team had no more than 20-30 people …… Most think so.

6) Another team of foreign/Indian origin was used for most of the massacre…… Most think so, but are still looking for hard evidence or atleast more corroboration in support.

Escape, Propaganda and Plan for Cover-up
7) As different newspaper…..Many include Taposh and indicate him to be the man (with Torab) behind the procession.

8) Awami League govt not only knew ……Many are convinced of this, even if not all of above.

9) As with any high stake anti state subversive operation………Many think so

10) Goal of this propaganda are ….. Many think so.

Well I agree 2 ur points....I will suggest pls read what I wrote in end.....Whoever is the culprit....India or any other country or any internal grp...tackle them head-on...If BD in its obsession with India overlooks the real culprit then in future they will have to pay the heavy price....

tx

To summarize you.

1.A total of around 20-30 BDR Insider's involved. Which according to you have fled bangladesh.
Thats true. Also our past experience does suggest that.
2.Foreign/Indian team which pulled the trigger, while the BDR Insider team was creating unrest.
There may or may not be any foreign national involved but certainly there were foreign money in the whole affair.
3.AL gave safe passage to the executioner, with the BDR team in the premise and the BD Army covering the premise from outside.
Well, there were safe passages. Army were not covering the area and were not within their jurisdiction. It was home ministry who suppose to do that. Army were brought in but were not given any responsibility and also pushed them back in accordance with BDR demand. Either govt wanted Army to suffer a blow or they miserably failed to handle the situation or did not know what suppose to be done.
BD govt is run by WOMEN now. Hasina, Motia, Sajeda, Shahara, Dipu are the major decision maker with the support of Hasinas personal lawyer, personal physician, personal assistant, personal relatives etc.... This is not a govt but a bunch of jokers..

4.Government machinery is being used to create propoganda war to derail the investigation and corner the BD army. All this while you have a institution called army and FBI investigating this in parallel.
They are trying but this time might be different. we have to wait and see.
Why dont you approach your supreme court and ask them to look into this serious allegation's whereby YOUR country's PM herself is involved in having early knowledge of this massacre. You should file a public litigation against her for derailment of her duty as a PM.
Well, have you come from a first world country? Seems like you dont understand how things are run in this sub continent.
You should ask your chief of army for an a answer as to why did the army allow the executioners a safe passage? An institution which has the capability to overthrow a government, capability to elect a care taker government, can very well take hasina to task. Let your army bring justice. If they cant, let BDR do the honors.
Army just handed over power to an elected govt and they wanted to work with the govt. That just make sense.

You should lastly call upon your media and ask them to confront India's propaganda war. Just think of how low it would make them feel to know that a foreign government engineered this carnage and is actively creating a false propaganda to blame it on you poor soul's. Wake up BD media. Wake up and fight against this monster's.
Lastly i would suggest FBI to seek you for your deep analytic skills. I would remember this post with fond memories.

We are still in the mindset of not calling any country's name in an open media, which might put the country in risk of war. Indian media is doing it for the last few years, we might start that as well. Not sure when... :undecided:

There may or may not be any foreign national involved but certainly there were foreign money in the whole affair.

Either you have not read idune or you wish to overlook. Here is what he wrote
"Another team of foreign/Indian origin was used for most of the massacre"

Well, there were safe passages. Army were not covering the area and were not within their jurisdiction. It was home ministry who suppose to do that. Army were brought in but were not given any responsibility and also pushed them back in accordance with BDR demand. Either govt wanted Army to suffer a blow or they miserably failed to handle the situation or did not know what suppose to be done.
In any case army was there. And if one was to belive you, killers left inspte of army being there (for whatever reason, not covering the whole area, etc). So why aint you questioning your army. They were party to it.

BD govt is run by WOMEN now. Hasina, Motia, Sajeda, Shahara, Dipu are the major decision maker with the support of Hasinas personal lawyer, personal physician, personal assistant, personal relatives etc.... This is not a govt but a bunch of jokers..
And your point is? .. that your citizens elected this bunch of jokers by Majority was a mistake?

Well, have you come from a first world country? Seems like you dont understand how things are run in this sub continent.
Yours is a democracy .. aint it? or are you one of those who will pleasantly sit in his park avenue home and keep on writing a thesis on how to wipe out poverty?

We are still in the mindset of not calling any country's name in an open media, which might put the country in risk of war. Indian media is doing it for the last few years, we might start that as well. Not sure when... :undecided:

So now the bunch of fools become a "We". I assume your position is that in nutshell, your Government, BDR and army were part to the whole show of carnage and rescue. And that no one, i repeat "No one" is blaming India for this. Well if thats the case maybe you can explain the basis of your theories. What proof has been gathered to point to my country.

Until you do this, Would suggest you to let FBI and your government to do the job and stop blaming my country till your country and army declares the culprits.

Sunita has hit again with ‘Playing the militant card’ in American Chronicle. See American Chronicle | Playing the militant card

This time her energy is focused to unravel---thru analysis---the mystery behind Faruk’s relentless crusade to tie—with BDR mutiny---- “unseen militants thus clearing all the potential suspects who hold important positions in the ruling party.”

Finally she detected the reason “Faruk Khan, an ex-army man is one of the most over-ambitious politicians in Bangladesh, who aspires of becoming the next number one figure in Bangladesh Awami League.”---she meant President of BAL.

As a proof, she referred to a blog : www. faruqhan.blogspot.com where really and interestingly ----“he is portrayed as ´Next Generation Leader of Bangladesh´, found out Sunita.

Sunita also raised a crucial question: Why BAL ‘men were allowed to make comments on the investigation’ while BAL ‘government imposed restrictions on CID’ ?

Sunita continued in self-response: ‘Some analysts feel that, the reason behind imposing restrictions on CID could be because they [CID investigators] were always rejecting the statement of Faruk Khan of militant connection or foreign connection etc behind the February carnage’

So, Sunita’s summary is:

1. Faruk should go unabated with his convenient statement on who is behind BDR Mutiny.
2. CID should not contradict his statement.
3. He is after the highest hottest seat of BAL

A deadly combination of comments, indeed.

If I really meant what you understood from my writing, I'd not be in this forum in the first place brother. I asked him if he was a Bangladeshi or Pakistani. Very simple and harmless question. We just like to take things a bit too far;):cheers:

Alright then May be I misunderstood your post,but if you want to ask these personal question,use the private messaging option.:tup:

Well I agree 2 ur points....I will suggest pls read what I wrote in end.....Whoever is the culprit....India or any other country or any internal grp...tackle them head-on...If BD in its obsession with India overlooks the real culprit then in future they will have to pay the heavy price....

tx

Your comment 'in end' is 100% valid. If the 'real culprit' slips off, Bangaldesh will go under heavier peril. Zero obsession, Zero emotion, Zero tolerance.

In any case army was there. And if one was to belive you, killers left inspte of army being there (for whatever reason, not covering the whole area, etc). So why aint you questioning your army. They were party to it.

Army was pushed back and not allowed to take action,although they wanted to crackdown.You didn't hear and probably won't understand the conversations between angry Army members and Sheikh Hasina in sena Kunjo.The main reason for discontent was this reason.They were pushed back by Govt. order after the mutineers demanded.Thus making way for the rebel escape.
This off course made Army very angry but as they are loyal to the govt.,they followed them.

Army was pushed back and not allowed to take action,although they wanted to crackdown.You didn't hear and probably won't understand the conversations between angry Army members and Sheikh Hasina in sena Kunjo.The main reason for discontent was this reason.They were pushed back by Govt. order after the mutineers demanded.Thus making way for the rebel escape.
This off course made Army very angry but as they are loyal to the govt.,they followed them.

Agreed Leon. In her finite wisdom she choose to solve this thing by negotiation, which i believe would have seemed fair had this incident ended up calm. In hindsight we and you know that those butchers were simply buying time. But was she in a position to know the intention of the mutineer's.

None the less, How does all this make my country a suspect?

@ stumper and proud2indian

Reading your post begging the same response as I had given to another Indian member few days back.

I am afraid I have to say (few other did already) your questions are begging information way in junior league when we have posted information and analysis from much high from premier league.

Although, most of your questions answered by analysis and post already you have lot to catching up to do.

But start with the premise that root of the contention here is that Indian doctrine and its hegemonic interest advocate control and interference in Bangladesh social, political, economic, defense and all most all other elements of Bangladesh independence and sovereignty. While Bangladesh and majority of its people do not accept Indian design and interferences as no self respecting nation can accept that either. India and most Indians on the other hand see Indian controlling interest as legitimate doctrine as part of aspiration for greater India.

Agreed Leon. In her finite wisdom she choose to solve this thing by negotiation, which i believe would have seemed fair had this incident ended up calm. In hindsight we and you know that those butchers were simply buying time. But was she in a position to know the intention of the mutineer's.

Suspicion list is way different from convicted list,so don't feel bad yet.We feel kind of same,when there is Bomb blast in India and "BD terrorists" are suspected,but it turns out to be someone else.

1.India is in suspicion list because India is a net gainer of the overall situation,don't ask for details,by now you probably memorized those.

2.The action of "pro-Indian" govt. in BD is very suspicious.That makes normal people like me wonder,"are they acting under the supervision of India?"

3.Some interesting facts,which just don't add up.Like Indian media knowing "Inside-out" of the rebellion and more.

Just wait for the Military investigation report to come out.Inshallah it will be the correct one,the Govt. one can never be impartial,so don't trust it.Especially the JMB thing.JMB was under severe check of RAB.After AL govt. came to power,many JMB members were arrested by RAB,thus making it weaker(it was already weak when its top brass was arrested and executed).So it sounds absurd that it can conduct such massive operation.

army were there but they were bared to take any action. Also the whole even was outside of their jurisdiction and was under home ministry.
And your point is? .. that your citizens elected this bunch of jokers by Majority was a mistake?
Most of them except those women were unelected. people voted AL and 14 party alliance to power not Hasina and her gangue. She completely bypassed AL and 14 party and running the country on her wish.
I am ashamed to talk bad about my PM but in every move she takes her corrupt and crooked sister Rehana(not elected) with her. Even when she gone to pay homage for language movement, Rehana were there with PM and President on the same stand. Can you beleive that how she breaks all the national protocol only to promote nepotism.
She also made her personal physician, personal lawyer, personal assistant to the top post of the governent and none of them are elected. I can go on for ever.

Yours is a democracy .. aint it? or are you one of those who will pleasantly sit in his park avenue home and keep on writing a thesis on how to wipe out poverty?
I could not do much but I try my best within my own capacity and its not sitting in park avenue but sitting in the paddy field of BD.

So now the bunch of fools become a "We". I assume your position is that in nutshell, your Government, BDR and army were part to the whole show of carnage and rescue. And that no one, i repeat "No one" is blaming India for this. Well if thats the case maybe you can explain the basis of your theories. What proof has been gathered to point to my country.
Until you do this, Would suggest you to let FBI and your government to do the job and stop blaming my country till your country and army declares the culprits.
Who said no one????? They just did not do it official. Why do you think FBI is here and why they were asked to look into the foreign link??? After the event, your ambassador just disappeared from media and all public apearances. He could not even manage an appointment and say sympathy to the government but all other countries already did. Govt is avoiding India which never occured in the history of BD. Your response to the whole mutiny was, send paratrooper to our border..... So dont ask me anymore...

Last edited:

You post clearly shows you have very poor knowledge about what was behind and what took place on the ground.

So as a Indian why are you defending action of a foreign PM based on speculation of wisdom and what not. Should it be any clearer where your spin leads to and motive behind it? I dont think what posted already about Indian involvement can be questioned once Indian reaction was visible.

The sad part is, govt knew most of the officers are dead by noon and i believe that includes Hasina. But they acted like they did not know nothing and trying to calm the situation.
Thats part one. but in part two when they engaged in negotiation, how serious were they??? No govt high ups were there to negotiate, not task force, no high level monitoring cell and progress nothing. Either they lacked the expertise or the political force who suppose to back her up (which power hungry hasina already marginalized) did not back her up. It took her 2 days get things sorted and come up with a public speech, by then every body is dead and all the mutineers gone.

@about Indian response here

Aside from Indian master role in the massacre, Indian government threat to intervene to save their subversive asset inside Bangladesh and subsequently mobilizing and moving military assets close to Bangladesh border implicated India even further.

So anything Indians are saying here and elsewhere should be construed as intrusion and diversion tactics as sponsor and stakeholder of this massacre. If findings presented by different sources were not really pointing to culprits behind massacres and their subversive plan, why else Indians would be so up in arms for a mere post in this forum?

Straight thanks for your analysis.

Iajdani, if one comes with intention to confuse and divert no amount of facts and reasoning matters at the end. But thanks for your effort.

Last edited:
Looks like as different investigative sources were correct, involved BDR inside team and knowledgeable member of BDR getting (would be) killed.

10) Goal of this propaganda are to confuse and divert public attention, delay investigation and ultimately keep the sponsor, instigator, stake holders and involvement of second team from investigation and public knowledge. That left only one involve party to be convicted, that is BDR inside team. But some already suspect that some of the inside team members might have fled Bangladesh and may eventually be killed by master planner and sponsor of this massacre.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Another BDR soldier dies

Sun, Mar 22nd, 2009 12:48 pm BdST

Dial 2324 from your mobile for latest news
Dhaka, March 22 (bdnews24.com)—Another Bangladesh Rifles soldier died at the border force's Peelkhana headquarters Sunday, police said.

The deceased Lance Naik Mobarak Hossain, ID 48235, formerly posted at Rifles Security Unit, was arrested after the carnage and was under treatment at BDR Hospital, Lalbagh police sub-inspector Shajahan Mia told bdnews24.com.

"Two police constables carried him to Dhaka Medical college Hospital Sunday at 10:40 am, where the duty doctor declared Mobarak dead."

Shajahan Mia said, it was not a case of suicide.

The dead body of a border guard was found at BDR headquarters on Mar 9, having reportedly committed suicide by hanging. Another BDR man died on March 17, after reportedly falling ill at Peelkhana.

Another BDR soldier dies :: Bangladesh :: bdnews24.com ::

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom