What's new

Bangladesh:Gunfight at BDR headquarters

Army controls emotion, acts as disciplined force
Star Online Report

The army today said the mutiny of the rebel Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) jawans that killed dozens of army officers had ignited anger among them, but they, as a disciplined force, have controlled their emotions.

"This is a brutal killing, so it is natural that there will be pent-up anger among us. But, we can control our emotion as we are a disciplined force," said Director of Military Intelligence Brig Gen Mahmud Hossain at a press briefing at the Army Headquarters in Dhaka Cantonment.

He also said they have solved the crisis politically following the directive of the prime minister, though they took all preparation for conducting military operations in the BDR headquarters soon after they had started getting information about the BDR jawans' mutiny on Wednesday.

He said so far bodies of 65 people including army officers and women were retrieved. Of them, identity of 47 was ascertained till 8:00pm today adding that 31 officers managed to escape their death during the incident while 72 officers are still missing.

The Daily Star - Details News

Other than Indian newspaper claim show A single proof that Awami govt requested for Indian troops. Until then all you are babbling here are b** crap.

Good to see you are admitting Awami govt is Indian stooge.

Apart from Indian media report I did not find anything about Peace Keeping force of India.Do you have any local link to it?

But I heard Commerce Minister Lt.Col(rtd)Faruk saying "USA,India and all major countries wanted to send help,but we defused it on our own."

3 more mass graves found at BDR HQ, 10 bodies retrieved
A shallow grave inside the Pilkhana BDR headquarters from which the bodies of 38 officers were exhumed on Friday: Star Online Report

Ten more bodies including one of a woman were retrieved from three mass graves found on the BDR headquarters premises today (Saturday).

Three of the deceased were identified as Naznin Shakil Shipu, wife of the slain BDR chief Maj Gen Shakil Ahmed, Maj Mosharraf and Maj Mokbul.

Others' identity could not be known immediately.

Besides, two more bodies were recovered from the BDR headquarters area this morning.

Rescuers searching for dozens of officers still missing after a mutiny by border guards uncovered two more mass graves on the BDR headquarters compound this morning.

Rescuers on Friday found a mass grave on the same compound in the capital containing 38 bodies.

Another 24 bodies have been recovered in other parts of the compound including in drains and sewers following a 33-hour mutiny by the BDR soldiers that ended on Thursday.

The Daily Star - Details News

After this inhumane incident I am losing hope for bd's existence. How can discipline force that supposed to protect the nation from enemy yet decided to killed of it's own. They supposed be band of brothers yet proved total opposite. we can blame all we want to outside force but I think we have serious flows left within our own society.

There is no easy way out from this deep hole. Either way we look at the situation but total blamed lies on us and it's time for self evaluation as a nation.

Apart from Indian media report I did not find anything about Peace Keeping force of India.Do you have any local link to it?

But I heard Commerce Minister Lt.Col(rtd)Faruk saying "USA,India and all major countries wanted to send help,but we defused it on our own."

No local media said govt asked for Indian help. Indians have manufactured the news of help to create way and arguments for Indian troops. Now going by Indian arguments and news, motive of these killings and South asian taskforce PLOY getting clear. It is Indians who should provide us the proof that Awami govt has asked for Indian troops.

US and UK official statement said they would support the govt. No where they talked about offering or sending troops.

But its Indian that is using the tragic situation (which likely of their own creation) for making way to send their troops.

please don't package everything together, people are very much aware who is doing what.

After this inhumane incident I am losing hope for bd's existence. How can discipline force that supposed to protect the nation from enemy yet decided to killed of it's own. They supposed be band of brothers yet proved total opposite. we can blame all we want to outside force but I think we have serious flows left within our own society.

There is no easy way out from this deep hole. Either way we look at the situation but total blamed lies on us and it's time for self evaluation as a nation.

I differ with you brother.
Seeing the restraint and discipline shown by our Army,I can hope Inshallah we will overcome this bad times.

I have one question to all.

It takes 25 years to become a major general,9 years for major and so on.Since we lost so many high ranking officers all of a sudden,Is it possible to bring back retired officers to the army?

What's your opinion?

To expose hallow propaganda by Indians and Awami card holders:

Its Pakistan best interest for Bangladesh to have a strong defense force as both countries are facing common threat - India. Therefore, simply no Pakistani organization would take any self inflicting venture.

If nothing else Jammat or most of Bangladeshi political parties vehemently oppose Indian bully and ploy to weaken Bangladesh. So Jammat having hand in this tragic situation to weaken Bangladesh defense force and making Bangladesh vulnerable to Indian hegemony is oxymoronic propaganda at best. Any 10 years old can see the LIE written all over it.

JMB, Huji etc, are on constant run. Most of their command structure was dismantled by RAB during last BNP govt. These organizations are extremely weak and operate such low level they don’t have capability of even long time survival let alone hatching such huge undertaking. Besides, its not BDR but RAB who are after these organizations.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can't agree on the last point.JMB has regrouped and recent incidents bear the marks.It may also be possible by them.The question is are they capable of flowing in crores of Taka?

Huji has intl. backing,so they have the money.

As far as RAW is concerned,they definitely have the reason and resources to infiltrate BDR.

i condem the attack and stand by my BD brothers and families of victims who lost thier precious lives. as a Pakistani i always prayed for BD success and this goes for 90% or more of pakistanis.

i still remebered the day when u won the match in WC, though it was ur major win but most of the Pakistanis were not down that we lost to minow instead we though BD- they are our borther. it is the same thing one way or other, its true

So i can gurantee to all my BD brother there will be and can be no involvement of ISI or Pakistan element in destabilising BD plus its not in favour of us, we love to see BD prosper as we want our country to

ALLAH bless BD and Pakistan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can't agree on the last point.JMB has regrouped and recent incidents bear the marks.

They regrouped but very weak and RAB kept them on run since then. Investigation last time indicated money and arms came from across the border. But this tragic incident took more than money, intel gathering, logistics, targeted killing, escape planning and not to mention propaganda to media and to rest of BDR.

They regrouped but very weak and RAB kept them on run since then. Investigation last time indicated money and arms came from across the border. But this tragic incident took more than money, intel gathering, logistics, targeted killing, escape planning.

Yes,but Huji can be a candidate,as it is backed by Al-qaeda.

Adding to that:Killing of Colonel Gulzar adds to the suspicion that JMB might be involved.But you are right,they don't have the money to finance this.

Last edited:
i condem the attack and stand by my BD brothers and families of victims who lost thier precious lives. as a Pakistani i always prayed for BD success and this goes for 90% or more of pakistanis.

i still remebered the day when u won the match in WC, though it was ur major win but most of the Pakistanis were not down that we lost to minow instead we though BD- they are our borther. it is the same thing one way or other, its true

So i can gurantee to all my BD brother there will be and can be no involvement of ISI or Pakistan element in destabilising BD plus its not in favour of us, we love to see BD prosper as we want our country to

ALLAH bless BD and Pakistan

I also don't think that ISI has anything to do with this event. It's not Pakistan interest to see a weak bd rather a strong bd that can bring balance of power in SA. It should be clear to all of us who desire gain out of this event.

Only hope here is that things are under controlled now. I think main purpose of them gaddar was to bring some kind of civil war between the army and BDR so that enemy can take advantage of the situation. Bd army showed maturity but I think our intelligence failure was enormous.

Let me also add one more thing in Pakistan's defence here. Currently, the two Armies (PA and BA) enjoy the best ever relations that they have had. There was a lot of suspicion in the early years and over time, this suspicion has made way for a lot of cooperation between the two. ISI (under the direct command of the Pakistan Army) has no reason to cause problems for an institution which wields so much influence in the affairs of BD. The better the relations between the two Armies, the easier it is for Pakistan to move forward and beyond the past acrimony with BD. We would not undermine our relations with the BD Army (also keep in mind that there is still a lot of camaraderie between these two Armies due to past service) just because some may be suspicious of Sheikh Hasina's perceived tilt toward India. In the past, the BD Army has maintained relations with Pakistan despite Awami league rule, thus we count this relationship as an asset which does nothing for us if we are involved in undermining it.

Back
Top Bottom