What's new

Bangladesh:Gunfight at BDR headquarters

This is no mutiny!It was systematic and planned way to destroy the backbone of the army:tsk:So many talented officers were killed.It will take a decade for Bangladesh army to replenish their loses.

Yes, now I can sense... Now All my sympathy for them(BDR culprits) is gone... they should be brought to justice... they looted army officers' valuable assets, killed innumerable innocents.

Munshi bahi if you have a msn or yahoo IM please pm me.

No sorry brother I do not have MSN or Yahoo IM. I did have before but had too many disturbances.

I hear that many of the army officers killed in the mutiny were transferred to BDR in the last 1 month. They were some of the best and most brilliant officers the army had. The implication is that they were transfered to be killed. This was pre-planned well in advance to disable our army. Some of the BDR people may have been actually brought in from outside.

No sorry brother I do not have MSN or Yahoo IM. I did have before but had too many disturbances.

I hear that many of the army officers killed in the mutiny were transferred to BDR in the last 1 month. They were some of the best and most brilliant officers the army had. The implication is that they were transfered to be killed. This was pre-planned well in advance to disable our army. Some of the BDR people may have been actually brought in from outside.

thats a very harsh truth Mr. Munshi...:cry:
Hope you're wrong...:cry:

Why do commentators and writers in BD never say what they mean? They should say that India is a suspect not 'outside forces'. Who else could this be other than RAW? ISI simply does not have the depth in Bangladesh to carry out an operation like this. Clearly Col. Faruk Khan does not think it is the Americans since he made the observation at a US trade meeting.

Ok, there is a string of posts here which states RAW/IA/BSF were behind these mutiny. I didnt know which post to quote and reply so i chose a random one.

• What's India's interest in this mutiny?
  • How can one believe BSF sms's to be behind this? Would Pakistani rangers do the same to PA if BSF/IA send them derogaratory sms's? Does incitation from across border be justifed for such a mass killing of BA top brass.
  • Traditionally BA is suppose to be 'soft' on India while BDR the hardliner.
  • Since Shk Hasina is a 'Indian agent' as per the member's here, doesnt such an act weaken her? Would India like that?
  • And one more line of advice to Bangladeshi members here, your country is no banana republic, please dont strive to make it sound like one with your posts.

Ok, there is a string of posts here which states RAW/IA/BSF were behind these mutiny. I didnt know which post to quote and reply so i chose a random one.

• [*]Traditionally BA is suppose to be 'soft' on India while BDR the hardliner.

yea... BA seems so "soft" 'cause they're not deployed along the border.
they are undoubtedly more hard-liner, merciless towards its enemy than any other forces in Bangladesh, where BDR is out of question. everyone here knows about it.
To tell you the truth, I know many BA officers and also my uncle in the BN who totally dislike India because of its attitudes and RAW stuffs in Bangladesh...no offense...

blain2 appreciate your kind word and suggestion. But answer your question on why BDR forces is large - given our threat perception (namely from india) we have rather small army. BDR always served as complementary force to our nation defense. They were guarding borders but this forces are well traind along with army to do the job during the time of need.

Keep the size the same. However the force should be broken down under regional/provincial commands. Its too large of a single entity to handle in case of such situations.

Last edited:
yea... BA seems so "soft" 'cause they're not deployed along the border.
they are undoubtedly more hard-liner, merciless towards its enemy than any other forces in Bangladesh, where BDR is out of question. everyone here knows about it.
To tell you the truth, I know many BA officers and also my uncle in the BN who totally dislike India because of its attitudes and RAW stuffs in Bangladesh...no offense...

So when the whole BA/BN/BDR apparatus dislikes IA/BSF/RAW, how can these guys pull it off ?

And mind you these were not a guy here or there, but much more in a massive scale.

Mr.Munshi it was all planned months ago.Many best officers came to take presidential awards,which shows their quality.The Traitors planned it before,knowing all of them would be together at the same place.
Zahangir Nanak said,from the talks he could realise,large sum was flown into BDR troops for this operation.

It is no mutiny,But a bloody murderous attempt to destroy our armed forces and they succeeded.The distrust between armed forces is all time high.And I wonder what will come next.The Conspirators will attack again.

Those who killed are traitors and they should be punished for commiting treason.From the looks,I get the feeling RAB and Military already started extracting truth the traditional way.

Even during a war time,enemy forces can't completely annihilate a Chain of Command,but here they did with brutality and cold blood.

Keep the size the same. However the force should be broken down under regional/provincial commands. Its too large a single entity to handle in case of such situations.

Sir don't you think a massive shake up is needed.As once a betrayer,always a betrayer?

In that case should we disband BDR?:undecided:

Khaleda demands exemplary punishment to Pilkhana killers
Star Online Report

Leader of the opposition Khaleda Zia today demanded proper investigation into the killings at Pilkhana and exemplary punishment to those who were involved in the killings.

She also termed the government announcement of 'general amnesty' to the Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) mutineers as a 'strategic mistake'.

Meanwhile, the prime minister's spokesman today said the amnesty would not cover the ringleaders of the mutiny and those who were involved in killing.

Khaleda alleged that the government delayed to start the rescue operation that might increase the death toll.

She urged the countrymen and the national forces to stay united against all conspiracies and show utmost patience in the greater interests of the country.

In a written statement after visiting the Combined Military Hospital, the BNP chief urged the government to eliminate the misunderstanding and mistrust among the national security forces.

Khaleda spent some time with the relatives of the killed officers and consoled them.

The Daily Star - Details News
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I saw both Sheikh Hasina and Khaleda Zia crying when they were consoling the family members of the army men.They know their feeling,as they both lost their family members through this type of Betrayal.

What happened to all those rebels who did the killings?have they escaped or what?
I believe they should be exempted from the amnesty.
It was planned and a powerful force was behind this I can say.

In that case should we disband BDR?

I think temporarily all units should be disbanded and not all soldiers were traitors even those inside the HQ compound.Formations should be reconstituted after only the investigations have been thoroughly done and conspirators punished.

I must say my sympathy for them has lessened somewhat.Maybe BDR personnel welfare should be addressed but those people have to go.

When did the BSF and BDR suddenly become BFFs that they should be SMS-ing and Txting each other? this is absolutely ridiculous. if any the BSF hates the BDR's guts.

What happened to all those grievances that BDR had? What happened to the news that the BA officer first shot BDR soldier?

What happened to all those grievances that BDR had? What happened to the news that the BA officer first shot BDR soldier?

Everybody has grievances in Bangladesh. When somebody enlist in the army, they should know what their pay is and what they suppose to do for the country. They also should know that they have to obey by the order of the officers, no matter how junior he is and also their privileges are. I also should make it clear that, nobody likes their boss and likes to take order. But when you enlist, you have to take that disliking as your pride and there is a certain mindset for that which suppose to be in somebody's blood to be a good soldier. A soldier is born not created. Now why am I saying that? Its because there are some very big flaws in those recruitment process I believe due to political interference. That must be addressed first and army should take full control of all army affairs without taking any political consideration.

Now another point, I am seriously smelling raat on the whole mutiny thing. We have to wait and see. I dont believe the plan was done within BD territory. It came from outside. BDR soldiers all came from borders and they live 100 of miles away from each other. They can not organize a mutiny of this scale within a week, which is practically impossible. There must be some other forces and we have to find who have access to those BDRs. If there were any Indian involvement in it, BD needs to go to security council right away. We took a lot of shits so far. Enough is enough... PERIOD.

India postponed 22 Feb joint military exercise which suppose to take place.. WHY???

Last edited:
What happened to all those rebels who did the killings?have they escaped or what?
I believe they should be exempted from the amnesty.
It was planned and a powerful force was behind this I can say.

I think temporarily all units should be disbanded and not all soldiers were traitors even those inside the HQ compound.Formations should be reconstituted after only the investigations have been thoroughly done and conspirators punished.

I must say my sympathy for them has lessened somewhat.Maybe BDR personnel welfare should be addressed but those people have to go.

You are 100% right. They must go.. except those units who still under direct army command. I am not sure how many are still under them.

Back
Top Bottom