What's new

Bangladesh Elections: Would the Shahbagh Upsurge Bring the Awami League Bac

In 2001 i supported BNP i was not voter back than, in last election i voted for AL. You guys may not like it but the truth is I can't put my confidence on BNP's ability for handling maritime dispute between Bangladesh and India, so in the next election i gonna vote for AL.

You can alway ignore voting anyone. What is the point of voting anyone in this country? No party is promising here.

What is the process of nomination of care taker setup. In Pakistan Govt and opposition leader decide. If they are unable to decide then Election Commission finally decide.

What is the process of nomination of care taker setup. In Pakistan Govt and opposition leader decide. If they are unable to decide then Election Commission finally decide.

Care taker govt is setup by the Election Commission here as far I know.

Do you think BNP can handle the Maritime case better?

It was BNP which stood up for Talpatti Island and hold up for Bangladesh boundary up to midstream of Raimongal river. BUT Awami League already conceded that right already in last filing of Bangladesh claim.

After all the explanation how Awami League already conceded Bangladesh territory, you asking that question points out you are completely out of touch from facts and acting like another Awami echo chamber.

I can only hope that in fear of lose face and political credibility AL would try its best to win the Maritime dispute. On the other hand, BNP couldn't even outwit AL there is no chance of them wining against India with brains like that. If AL mess up in this important issue they will earn my eternal displeasure.

If we look into the maritime dispute matter in details with Myanmar, it was Myanmar that gained most of the territory (despite Dipu Moni's cheap victory dance).

How do you think that they can settle the matter with India? In fact, much of Bangladesh's current policies are influenced by India.

If we look into the maritime dispute matter in details with Myanmar, it was Myanmar that gained most of the territory (despite Dipu Moni's cheap victory dance).

How do you think that they can settle the matter with India? In fact, much of Bangladesh's current policies are influenced by India.

If we have more competent people in our political parties we would have gain from settlement. But unfortunately both parties is ran by halfwits. @Loki do you honestly believe that BNP would have gotten better results in Maritime dispute between Bangladesh & Myanmar?

And for the last part, AL will try really hard to win the verdict to wash off the dalali stench of their body. As for BNP they will just mess it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was BNP which stood up for Talpatti Island and hold up for Bangladesh boundary up to midstream of Raimongal river. BUT Awami League already conceded that right already in last filing of Bangladesh claim.

After all the explanation how Awami League already conceded Bangladesh territory, you asking that question points out you are completely out of touch from facts and acting like another Awami echo chamber.

BNP have not achieved anything by "stood up". India got a tendency to sneak attack and capture land (like Kashmir, Hyderabad, Lakshadeep etc.) which a leader of Ziaur Rahman caliber should have realized. The moment Ziaur Rahman died India like a good neighbor capture it with the first chance.Its a good think that Talpatti Island island ( if i remember it correctly i prayed to the Almighty Allah to sunk the island as we are too weak to capture it, and it really happened :blink:. I should have also asked for few million bucks for myself but alas :cry:.) sink under water or we would have a real problem at the settlement.

If we have more competent people in our political parties we would have gain from settlement. But unfortunately both parties is ran by halfwits. @Loki do you honestly believe that BNP would have gotten better results in Maritime dispute between Bangladesh & Myanmar?

And for the last part, AL will try really hard to win the verdict to wash off the dalali stench of their body. As for BNP they will just mess it up.
Hasina is a true patriot and would never even think of betraying her beloved Bharatmata in anyway. If Hasina remains in power I am sure they wont even claim anything and would let India have it all. But using their media control they will keep on ranting about another "shomudro joy" for days after days. Do you really think Hasina can betray her Abba's land?:blink:
On the other hand, BNP is a party run by a foolish women and most of its leaders are opportunist businessmen. And you are right they would mess it up more.

Hasina is a true patriot and would never even think of betraying her beloved Bharatmata in anyway. If Hasina remains in power I am sure they wont even claim anything and would let India have it all. But using their media control they will keep on ranting about another "shomudro joy" for days after days. Do you really think Hasina can betray her Abba's land?:blink:
On the other hand, BNP is a party run by a foolish women and most of its leaders are opportunist businessmen. And you are right they would mess it up more.

Its my personal opinion that no true Muslim Bangali like to be dominated by others. Hasina may use India to gain power but i don't believe she will compromise in serious issue like maritime dispute. There is a fifty fifty chance with AL. But BNP lacks Brain power so chance of wining maritime dispute with them is really low.

Its my personal opinion that no true Muslim Bangali like to be dominated by others. Hasina may use India to gain power but i don't believe she will compromise in serious issue like maritime dispute. There is a fifty fifty chance with AL. But BNP lacks Brain power so chance of wining maritime dispute with them is really low.
Actually she already compromised many things in her this tenure. She would compromise on our maritime boundaries too if she comes back. She struck deals with India to provide Transit and other facilities before 2009 elections and got huge funds from them. Now she is trying very hard to fulfill her committments to them. Wonder what she will bargain with this time to get funded by India. I bet it will be on backing off from our rightful maritime claim. But lets see. I am not just as optimistic as you. :)

You are wrong my friend. Hasina owes a great deal of loyalty to India, particularly to Congress. Read up a little bit about her personal history. She has frequently tried to protect Indian interests, at the risk of losing popularity among BD voters. Have you been following any transit/transhipment news for the last few years?

Sorry, dalali is the essence of their being. They are where they are now thanks to their dalali. Awami minus dalali equals to zero.

In this case which party is in power actually determines the will/sincerity to solve an issue, not the ability. There is a group of experts who really research and negotiate the matter and this group doesn't include ministers or MPs.

In this case which party is in power actually determines the will/sincerity to solve an issue, not the ability. There is a group of experts who really research and negotiate the matter and this group doesn't include ministers or MPs.

I really hope that you are right.

You are wrong my friend. Hasina owes a great deal of loyalty to India, particularly to Congress. Read up a little bit about her personal history. She has frequently tried to protect Indian interests, at the risk of losing popularity among BD voters. Have you been following any transit/transhipment news for the last few years?

I don't think someone can be that bent, specially in critical issue like Maritime. But AL seems to favor India too much, its annoying. I am against giving India any kind of transit/transhipment facility.

Back
Top Bottom