What's new

Bangladesh Economy: News & Updates

Its 33% now and it will reduce more when the garments will be shifted outside of dhaka... as majority of the garments workers lives in these slum Mr. Deepak.... but nice new name though...

What !! 33 % , are you describing your dream are trying to see a dream . wherever we go , one can easily see how these hardworking people are suffering, how they are living . the amount of slum is rising, like hawker's market .

And controlling it is a very hard task for any govt . But still you say such it will be very funny like Hasina govt's recent " Billboard Advertise " work .:laughcry:

City Bank Tower

GulshanBank5.jpg

Uttara4.jpg

HR Tower,Tejgoan

hrtowertejgoan_zpscafc90ea.jpg

Good to see areas like Tejgaon improving hopefully it will look even better in the near future

^^ @Loki I believe he can be gifted with with infraction as a troll.....he also opens stupid threads in the Indian section and comes here to troll with us!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ @Loki I believe he can be gifted with with infraction as a troll.....he also opens stupid threads in the Indian section and comes here to troll with us!

What else can you expect from the likes of them? Hearing their neighbours advancing seems to irk them a lot.

Bold part: You are very right. Please read the response given by @Skies in post #43 above. I completely agree to his conclusions.

Cross thread post:

UkBengali is right about the part: countries that are export reliant, do like a weak currency in order to maker their exports competitive.

And I never said in anywhere that our economy is going bad just for deprecating our BDT value against USD. When you said "So, BD economy must be in a horrible state", I thought you were kidding with me. Just deprecation in BDT does not mean BD is doing bad. GDP growth can be positive, when BDT deprecates if export increases.

Over the years BDT has appreciated its intrinsic value as GDP increased, but the relative value against USD has fallen.

Also,

PKR depreciated 26.73% over last 5 years against USD
BDT depreciated 10.77% over last 5 years against USD

So BDT depreciated less than PKR against USD, and BDT appreciated against PKR.

So we can see that BDT appreciated against some currency, when depreciated against USD.

But whatever it is, both appreciation or depreciation can not alone tell the economic condition conclusively, because currency value can be manipulated by the central bank to suit it goals.

A City Within A City
Monday, 26 August 2013

“We are taking this city 20 years ahead of its time!” – Monika Islam, Director of Jamuna group

My eyes lay onto the larger than life steel structures ahead of me. Twisted metal of all shapes and forms. Helixes, loops, and curves, in eclectic motion, I could almost hear of the sounds and cheers of the people who are to follow here, embraced by the rush of adrenaline that these rides offer. In the vast ground before me lay such massive creations that I just stood still. I stood mesmerized as my eyeballs traced the zigzagged tracks of the roller coaster intermingled with each other- splashes of yellow, red, blue and green there, and as a matter of fact, everywhere, and the bright colors were definitely soaring up my lively spirit and drawing me in. There are Rollercoasters, Paintball, merry go round and other rides of all kind. The Jamuna Future Park sure knows how to make a grand impression of awe and amazement, even before one enters the building itself.

I entered through the gates to the citadel. A city made up entirely of metal and glass reflecting the light that illuminates its veins; the atrium was filled with shimmering golden rays of the skylight. The city, only waiting to be brought to life with the voices of the people that are soon to echo in between its walls, to tread their footsteps throughout its veins.

As I walked through this gigantic maze of the monoliths of steel and glass, along the one point perspective of its corridors and hallways, stealing the gazes of the hundreds of lifeless mannequins with eyes wide open. Stagnant, still motionless with silent whispers and stares for the Shopaholics.

I got into the capsule lift and pressed the key to the 5th floor. The blue reflection of the clouds in the sky, adorned the body of the wonder’s magnificent glass paned exterior, basking, shimmering on its magnificent glimmer as white cottony clouds floated over it. As I silhouetted by the light affront stood silent.

The 5th floor is the entertainment section of this citadel. I took the right to the corridor off the lift. The bright white sunlight entering the hallway through the large glass window panes beside it soon gradually evolved to an artificial glow of golden as it filled the hallway throughout. The glass door and panels were reflecting off one another to form the various cubes that congregate the city.

An Electric blue Neon colored banner hit my eyes as I was crossing by, spelling the word “karaoke”, adjacent to which, was a picture of a bowling alley. The “player’s club” of Jamuna Future Park, spreading across 35,000Sq.feet consisting of a 22 lane behemoth bowling alley. Highly polished wooden floor paved for my steps there. That all familiar triangular formation of the bowling pins, stationed at the end of the lanes, placed with immaculate precision. On the other end, a stack of colorful, shiny bowling balls await their rather “chaotic” fates.

Ahead was the fast food section of the joint, known as The Break. They serve food for all the players in the player’s club. Their food complements a fusion of Desi styled fast food, as well as also having conventional fast food for indulgence. To the right, there are the Karaoke rooms, 8 in total, lit with blue neon, enclosed and sound proofed so each can sing in their own peace of mind. In fact the whole area of the Player’s club has individual volume levels as well as have individual music for each of the different areas and rooms, to give the experience a further edge. I stepped into the Billiard room, a huge space with 4 large billiard tables. Green pinstripes on the wall to go with the green pool tables gives the place a high class and classic feel to it, something which Billiard or pool is all about, a gentleman’s game. A large glass pane transcending the whole room sets in enough light into the room, and when it gets dark, the classic green shaded light atop the pool tables gives the place enough shine as the light reflects off the polished wooden floor and the colorful pool balls. The Break is all about getting into the spirit of the game while enjoying your favorite meal; an experience all together, a break from the conventional mundane sit and eats’. A break from everything that binds you. This place is sure to redefine the entertainment activities of the country as it offers the laid back chilling experience for the whole family that only a few can compare to.

Time to watch a movie I thought! And I headed over to the Blockbuster cinema. Written in big red block letters over the chic white walls, IT’S SO HARD TO MISS! The Cinema Blockbuster is a concoction of chic white tiled floor and walls, contrasted by the bright red and blue neon lightings that give the place its edge. The columns are tiled over by a smooth finish which reflects the shine of the surroundings and the sleek and ultra-cool futuristic designs of the food & ticket counters make this place top notch! The golden light gives the grandiose as it is reflected and shined upon hundreds of times by every surface of the glass and the glossy white tiles, taking the Cinema Blockbuster to Superstar standards! The doors to the 7 theatres of Blockbuster are metal toned and looks as if it came down right from the set of a big Blockbuster Hollywood Sci-fi film! The brass and black polygonal, parametric shaped doors are super cool and are adorned to its rims by blue Neon. Beside the Cineplex is a lounge area, wooden floored bordered by glass so that audiences can sit and wait before they enter into the movies; I enter into one of the cinema halls and I’m welcomed by a surrounding of an orange colored room with wooden wall panels, sound proof and hosting a large number of surround speakers. I put on the 3D glasses, took the Popcorn and begin munching on it while the screen projected one of my favorite movies in 3D. After my 3D experience, I set out of the Cineplex, Sounds of muffled beat vibrated throughout and lured me to a Club with bright flashes of kaleidoscopic light, spectrums of gorgeous colors and a muffled beat. It is set up by an Italian brand and offers much entertainment for the young adults and adults alike to step it up and groove on!

Afterwards, I further made my way through the labyrinth of metal and glass. I wandered into the unknown, not aware of what surprise I would come across next. My eyes fell on the multi-coloured matte tiles against the backdrop of the red, blue and green eye-soothing Neon-coloured lights giving the place a Polaroid print effect. The bold-lettered “Future World” beckoned me towards itself, and I could not resist but give in to the temptation. Walking through those transparent glass doors I found myself transported into a completely different world- a world full of video games, fun rides, and equipments of enjoyment as far as my eyes could see. As I stood before one of the many gigantic rides, the white silhouette of the young skater boy in the walls seemed to encourage me to indulge myself in all the fun activities around me. The place had so many fascinating options that it became difficult for me to choose; gaming consoles for every age group, and of various types, and I just could not think straight anymore. I decided to stick to my own age, therefore, walked past the gaming consoles of Happy Cherub, Crazy Hoop, Wonderball, and settled for a match in Bloodline Rebellion. The enormous two-way mirror gave an ecstatic view of the world beyond; how amazing it is to think that this translucent sheet is the only barrier that separates the two worlds. After the match, I stood there, feeling like a royal superior surveying the surroundings. My train of thoughts were broken by a cry, an unclear, soft cry and I strode quickly towards the other end of the room to figure out its source. I entered the Kid’s Zone, and suddenly felt a surge of adrenaline rush. The Ball Zone and the Gaming Arcade for those little minions made me yearn for my old childhood days. I stared at the mini rides, picturing some young ones on them, giggling and cheering with joy. The Bumper Ride for the much older ones made me yelp with ecstasy, and I rushed towards it and almost jumped on one of the cars. I may own numerous branded cars, but this would always remain as my all-time favorite.

After the walk down the memory lane, it was as if I was hungry…for some more fun. Going up the escalator, I reached to the 1st floor of Future World, where the many animated cartoons greeted me, and the left side presented me with a two-storied merry-go-round. While I dashed into the roof to check the other rides, the mind-boggling 4D ride caught me completely off-guard. After a few hypnotic moments, I finally forced myself out of the daze and entered the roof. Yet again, a number of gigantic rides stood before me, and my awestruck self stared at the bright color combinations intertwined with each other, each beautifully constructed to create a magnificent structure that can entertain people of all ages. The open air carnival rides were so endearing, but I knew my time was running out, and I had to flee…

As I got out of the citadel and bid adieu to all its wonders inside of this wonder, the sky was left with a contrast of red-orange light with the clouds setting the dream against the vivacious picturesque backdrop of the sky, as I turned back I noticed that these clouds are floating on the body of the building itself, as if an aquarium of dreams, of magic; the sky cloaking it in its own light, colors, and clouds.

The Jamuna Future Park is not built just to sell amenities or to take in the views. It is built for us to live the dream! To experience, inspire and think big! To believe that nothing is impossible and that even the biggest dreams can turn into reality and the impossible… achievable. If only one may just…dream.

- See more at: A City Within A City | youthsparks.com

Bangladesh may become middle income country by 2019: BB Governor

The per capita income is expected to reach at US$1,024 this year as Bangladesh is heading for becoming a middle income nation, Bangladesh Bank Governor Dr Atiur Rahman said Sunday.

The government had also estimated that the GDP growth would be 7% in the outgoing fiscal year, but the latest estimate by Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS) say it would be 6.03%.

Why posting on central-south-asia section? Anyway..........

I wonder if professional economist such as the Governor of the country's Central Bank talks loosely or not. He said of per capita income, and not per capita GDP.

If it is national GDP, then it is the summation of dollar values of all the goods and services produced in the country. On the other hand, gross national income or GNI = (GDP +/- Income remitted in or out of the country).

So, my question is what he really wanted to say? Is it per capita GDP or per capita national Income? In case of BD the 2nd one will be more than the 1st one, because BD receives about $14.5 billion remittance from its expatriates. This is an income earned abroad and sent to the country.

I hope, he wanted to say that our per capita GDP will be $1024 this fiscal. In that case, our per capita GNI will be about $1124.

I do not know how they have calculated 1024, my formula of prediction says otherwise.

Anyway, let's see

BD's per capita GDP in 2012 was $747
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD

BD's per capita GNI in 2012 was $840
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GNP.PCAP.CD

If it is per capita GDP, so to be $1024 this fiscal form 2012's $747, 37.08% per capita GDP growth is needed. [{(1024-747)/747}*100]

If it is per capita GNI, so to be $1024 this fiscal form 2012's $840, 21.90% per capita GNI growth is needed. [{(1024-840)/840}*100]

But the government has estimated that the GDP growth would be 7% in the outgoing fiscal year.

So do you think this report is ok????

Any developments from the airport sector. Heard HSIA building new runway and taxiways before building the third terminal. then Cox's Bazar airport getting upgraded to international standard.

Back
Top Bottom