What's new

Bangladesh Economic & Infrastructure Development - Updates & Discussions

Two more fruit varieties from South East Asia (Indonesia and Malaysia) that are now in widespread cultivation locally,

Rambutan

Longan

Mini combine harvester designed and made in Bangladesh, with consultancy from Rice Research Institute and adapted to local conditions.

Local re-rolling mills planning to introduce high strength corrosion resistant ASTM 1035 re-bar in the local
market. ASTM A1035 reinforcing bar, also branded as "MMFX" rebar, is one of the strongest grades on the market. Independent laboratory tests have shown that A1035 rebar resists corrosion up to five times better than conventional steel, making it an outstanding choice for applications involving humid or volatile environments.

Walton Laptops being exported to Africa

Dairy Farm investments have been rising in Bangladesh. Lately quite a few have been setup near Dhaka in Munshiganj area, focusing on dairy products, which are close to milk processing plants producing powder and having pasteurization facilities. These are modeled after Dutch and European dairy farm practices, the one below is run with about 1100 Frisian and Halsey breed cows in a modern sanitary facility.

Bhanga "Clover Leaf" interchange on the Expressway from Dhaka to Padma Bridge. Not complete yet, as can be seen with idiot bus-drivers driving free-style on the wrong side and creating blocks. Traffic cops aren't here yet.

Padma Bridge Housing Complex

Padma Bridge latest status - as of a few hours ago.

And another one from January 22, 2020.

Dhaka Metrorail MRT Line-6 latest status, 3 KM rails laid, terminals almost completed

Progress Report for MRT-6 as of January 2020
https://dmtcl.portal.gov.bd/sites/de...bae6ba65a7.pdf

CP02 (associated works of the Depot)- 62%
CP03 & CP04 (Uttara North to Agargaon)- 66%
CP05 (Agargaon to Karwan Bazaar)- 38.20%
CP06 (Karwan Bazaar to Motijheel)- 40.25%
CP07 (Mechanical and Electrical works)- 32.30%
CP08 (Rolling stocks and Depot equipment)- 20.50%

Progress for other MRT lines (some underground)

MRT Line-1
Detailed study, survey and basic design have been completed. Work on detailed design and land acquisition for the depot is in progress. Works for MRT Line-1 will hopefully start in December 2020.

MRT Line-5 Northern Route
Feasibility Study has been completed. The Consultant company for Engineering services is being chosen now. Detailed study, survey and basic design will start in March 2020.

MRT Line-5 Southern Route
Project Readiness Financing (PRF) has been signed with the relevant authorities. Request For Proposal (RFP) has been issued to appoint a Consultant company. Feasibility study will hopefully start in July 2020.

MRT Line-2
The basic study has already begun. Hopefully, the Preliminary study will start in April 2020.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest updates on Matarbari (near Cox's Bazaar) Japanese-led Super-efficient Power Project and Deep Sea Port. Sorry Bengali only.

Last edited:
Two more fruit varieties from South East Asia (Indonesia and Malaysia) that are now in widespread cultivation locally,

Rambutan

Longan

Longan is not new to Bangladesh. It's known as কাঠলিচু in BD. I have eaten it since I was little.

Longan is not new to Bangladesh. It's known as কাঠলিচু in BD. I have eaten it since I was little.

Oho I did not know. City kid so obviously not aware of a lot of stuff...thanks for letting me know.

Oho I did not know. City kid so obviously not aware of a lot of stuff...thanks for letting me know.

I am also a city kid. These used to be sold on cycle vans outside school gate along with Amra, jam, lotkon, panifol, makhna, bethun etc.

I am also a city kid. These used to be sold on cycle vans outside school gate along with Amra, jam, lotkon, panifol, makhna, bethun etc.

Yeah haven't had Bethun for a while. looks like little round marbles with thin scaly skin. Interesting fruit. Who needs candy when nature offers such wondrous bounty?

A few videos on Payra Coal Power station. Coal unloading process and shipment explained. Sorry Bengali only.

Dhaka-Chittagong Bullet train feasibility complete and soil testing proceeding...Govt. is serious about giving this project some boost. They are looking at 55 minutes for the 200 km leg between the two cities and a dedicated right-of-way other than the present low speed milk-train infrastructure. I will be very happy if they can pull off more than 120 KM per hour.

Back
Top Bottom