What's new

Bangladesh Economic & Infrastructure Development - Updates & Discussions

Does air travelling is more preferred by Bangladeshi compared to train and bus in term of travelling inter Bangladesh city ? What type of aircraft is used for such trip, propeller or jet ?

The distances are very small 250 to 300 miles North or South of Dhaka to any city, so Bus is preferred, and then train, then Airplane.

The govt. airline currently uses propliners like Dash 8 Q400, as do some private airliners, others use the ATR 42/72 series.

But sometimes Jetliners in high density routes are also used (Embraer E145 commuter jets and of course B738's). Bangladesh has used Fokker F28 Fellowship commuter jetliners in these 300 mile legs starting in 1970's. Even earlier, ATP's and Fokker F27 Friendships were used.

Sometimes B773's and B788's/B789's will stop at Chittagong (2nd largest city/destination) from foreign cities and then come to Dhaka, the hub and capital. Same with third largest destination city Sylhet which has direct connection to London.

Well Biman's fifth of six total 787's arrived in Dhaka, named 'Achin Pakhi', this one is a lengthened 787-9, another 787-9 (named 'Sonar Tori') due shortly.

Sonari Tori arrived first on 22nd December and 'Achin Pakhi' arrived on 24th, both got inaugurated on 28th December.

https://www.thedailystar.net/city/d...khi-bangladesh-biman-apps-inaugurated-1846330

What type of aircraft is used for such trip, propeller or jet ?

Helicopter and turboprop aircraft.

The distances are very small 250 to 300 miles North or South of Dhaka to any city, so Bus is preferred, and then train, then Airplane.

The govt. airline currently uses propliners like Dash 8 Q400, as do some private airliners, others use the ATR 42/72 series.

But sometimes Jetliners in high density routes are also used (Embraer E145 commuter jets and of course B738's). Bangladesh has used Fokker F28 Fellowship commuter jetliners in these 300 mile legs starting in 1970's. Even earlier, ATP's and Fokker F27 Friendships were used.

Sometimes B773's and B788's/B789's will stop at Chittagong (2nd largest city/destination) from foreign cities and then come to Dhaka, the hub and capital. Same with third largest destination city Sylhet which has direct connection to London.

Thanks for the answer Bilal. I also want to know about Bangladesh education system. Do they use English extensively in primary schools and universities ? One of the reason of why India service industry is quite big is due to its graduates proficiency in English. So I am just curious whether Bangladesh service industry can also follow Indian steps.

Thanks for the answer Bilal. I also want to know about Bangladesh education system. Do they use English extensively in primary schools and universities ? One of the reason of why India service industry is quite big is due to its graduates proficiency in English. So I am just curious whether Bangladesh service industry can also follow Indian steps.

Yes English proficiency in Bangladesh is pretty good compared to most of Asia. There are English medium primary and secondary education (in addition to Bengali medium education) and some Universities (private ones) teach in English and are accredited by US University accredition council.

It is a class-based system. People from wealthy families send their kids to exclusive English medium schools. The situation is similar to that in India.

That said general English proficiency used to be slightly one notch below India because Indians speak English between each other in daily life (they are a much larger and diverse country) - we don't. But the gap is closing fast, Thanks to Internet and Media. Basic English is widely understood however, even on the streets by Becak/Rickshaw pullers.

Bangladesh earned one Billion in software last year, English proficiency is rapidly gaining hold among young people.

Sonari Tori arrived first on 22nd December and 'Achin Pakhi' arrived on 24th, both got inaugurated on 28th December.

https://www.thedailystar.net/city/d...khi-bangladesh-biman-apps-inaugurated-1846330

Helicopter and turboprop aircraft.

Thanks for correcting me @The Ronin bhai. Jebhabey plane kintesey, hodish rakha shombhob na....:P

World's seventh largest data center in Bangladesh now. 2 Petabyte capacity...

77189990_424589671550513_3659341316199809024_n.jpg

78247373_424589688217178_3504910849334575104_n.jpg

73425129_424589718217175_2548507853983842304_n.jpg

Bangladesh GDP will reach 1.2 Trillion dollar in 2034 according to latest foreign institution forecast. I hope Bangladesh can achieve that so that more Muslim nations join a Trillion dollar economy club. I also hope Bangladesh can successfully diversify its economy during the next 14 years journey.

https://cebr.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/World-Economic-League-Table-Report-2020-Final.pdf

Thanks for your good wishes and predictions, I am sure many more Trillion dollar economies will be Muslim ones. For starters, we Muslim countries should trade between each other, distances notwithstanding. Certainly Turkey and Indonesia are (or are already close to being) Trillion Dollar economies and smaller Muslim majority economies should have preferential trade agreements to trade with these two countries, if they already don't have.

20 spans already installed in Padma Bridge - half of the bridge now visible.

This and the next few posts will outline the various Pharma companies established and exporting from Bangladesh in a few videos. This sector is a preferred export thrust sector as recognized by the govt.

Square Pharma - USFDA approval process

Square Pharma - MUPS Micro Pellet advanced pharma technology

Vietnam Ambassador visits Square Pharma facilities

Popular Pharma

Incepta Pharma

Last edited:
ACME Laboratories

Healthcare Pharma HPL (Oncology)

IBN SINA Pharma - Cephalosporin Project @Avec

Diplomatic words from a non-diplomat - Rubana Huq, President, BGMEA. I am sure she'd say the same things about Pakistan at some point....which I believe we should. We in the subcontinent have a shared stake in stopping the fighting and growing economically together.

APR Energy developed a 71,000 square meter plant site yo deliver 300MW of bridging power

Hatil intro's robotics and CAD automation for exported furniture

Daily Star (news daily) Five part feature on concurrent five mega projects...sorry Bengali only

Matarbari Coal Power and Port Project (Japanese/Bangladeshi joint JV)

Rooppur Nuclear Powerplant

Dhaka Metrorail Project

Padma Bridge

Agricultural development, new fruit varieties produced in Bangladesh.

Japanese Persimmon

Crimson Seedless grapes | Menindee Seedless grapes

Back
Top Bottom