What's new

Bangladesh Economic & Infrastructure Development - Updates & Discussions

Bangladesh' first elevated railway is now visible, linking Dhaka with the Southern districts of the country via almost completed Padma bridge. This will revolutionize Dhaka's connectivity with these areas (including Payra and Mongla ports) and while lessening ferry waits at Mawa point, will increase economic throughput i.e. GDP growth by at least a couple of percentage points per year. This connectivity is in addition to the Dhaka Mawa expressway which will connect Padma Bridge with Dhaka (2nd video).

Last edited:
Lebukhali Bridge in Patuakhali (near Payra Port).

Hazrat Shahjalal Airport 3rd Terminal construction progress...

Interesting video, triggered a lot of Indians I guess... BTW no comments please from Sanghis, this is not a discussion thread.

can someone tell me annual automobile sales of Bangladesh? I was checking on google but it was showing very less

can someone tell me annual automobile sales of Bangladesh? I was checking on google but it was showing very less

Bangladesh is a very small and densely populated country, there's already more cars than our streets can handle..

So the government makes it near impossible to get cars now unless your super rich and can afford the mindless tariffs and expenses.

Auto-Mobile sales as a spectrum to guage prosperity is an inherently broken concept,.. since small countries will never fit the bill.

Adding that last bit because I know why people ask for ridiculous and far fetched numbers such as these.

Bangladesh is a very small and densely populated country, there's already more cars than our streets can handle..

So the government makes it near impossible to get cars now unless your super rich and can afford the mindless tariffs and expenses.

Auto-Mobile sales as a spectrum to guage prosperity is an inherently broken concept,.. since small countries will never fit the bill.

Adding that last bit because I know why people ask for ridiculous and far fetched numbers such as these.
so it is really only 3 - 6k units per year?

Automobile sales are minuscule in Bangladesh, owing to heavy tariffs (300-800%). In any case - this is not a relevant question in this thread. It is not a discussion thread. Kindly ask in chill thread maybe.

monno.jpg

Pioneers of Porcelain
Marjiya Baktyer Ahmed

Monno Ceramic was established in 1984 and at the moment, is one of the leading brands in the industry.

Monno Ceramic is one of the pioneering producers of ceramic tableware in Bangladesh. They started their journey with a vision to produce and export global standard porcelain tableware in Bangladesh. Monno’s production facility was established with German and Japanese technologies combined – at that time it was one of a kind tableware factory in the country.

After the initial launch, Monno Ceramic slowly established itself as the leading tableware supplier to the local market and eventually established its Bone China plant to cater to the premium audience, both locally and abroad.

After 36 years of journey, Monno Ceramic is now one of the leading household brands of our country, providing top quality ceramic tableware to almost every type of target group with its wide variety of products.

As the first exporter of Porcelain and Bone China tableware from Bangladesh, they are proud promoters of Bangladesh as a producer of high-quality ceramic tableware.

monno-2-819x1024.jpg

Ahead of the Curve

Monno’s ceramic tableware has always been a consumer favorite. Ceramic tableware is a highly competitive industry, with constant innovation and changing customer demands, therefore every company needs to perform at its best to survive in this industry.

The first thing that sets Monno Ceramic apart from its competitors is its quality. Produced with the latest German and Japanese technology, Monno’s Porcelain and Bone China products are one of the finest in the whole world. In this era, customers are seeking quality over quantity and Monno is trying to provide exactly that. Monno Ceramic is linked with renowned tableware designers from around the world and their outlet has many ranges developed by these world class designers.

With a host of these designers, Monno is launching new collections every season and thus staying one step ahead. Extensive marketing strategies, distribution channels and branding are other key factors in Monno’s ability to stay ahead of its competition.

Tracking the New Trends

With the rising affluence of consumers, there has also been an increase in demand for premium products. It is true that consumer demand has changed drastically in the past few years, mostly due to the exposure to western trends through social media. Monno is trying to stay relevant in this changing trend through extensive R&D in its designs and production process.

Made from the highest quality of raw materials, Monno always ensures supreme quality of products. All of their products are contemporary yet timeless, each created by world class tableware designers. Through its collaboration with international designers, Monno is launching new designs every two to three months, based on seasons.

Also, shopping experience is another key factor in catering to affluent customers, and through their flagship outlets, Monno is providing a boutique shopping experience of tableware and homeware which is a first of its kind in the country. In addition, Monno’s premium quality packaging beckons the consumer and encourages impulse buying.

Caring for the Environment

In a world where consumers are increasingly becoming aware of environmental issues and about the environmental impact of the goods they are buying, Monno Ceramic has been taking notes. Through its multiple quality control assurances and certifications, Monno is trying to provide the most environmentally friendly products to its consumers. Monno’s factory is situated in a beautiful landscaped area, surrounded by greenery and open spaces to promote environmental welfare for its workers and staff.

Monno has global quality certifications from Lucideon, Intertek, Bureau Veritas, SGS etc. It is also compliant to international standards like ISO 9000:2015, SEDEX, BSCI and C-TPAT. Through its marketing activities Monno is communicating these factors to its consumers.

Product features like amount of lead, cadmium, barium, free glazes, colors, and also testing of heavy metal releases etc. are communicated as well which assures the consumers the low impact on the environment of the goods they are purchasing. It immediately sets a positive buying experience for the more environmentally cautious customers.

Adapting with Ease and Innovation

Despite the ease of lockdowns, the pandemic has limited movement to a large extent. This led to a massive shift in ways brands have been dealing with sales, consumer engagement and shifting demands. Similarly, Monno Ceramic has witnessed a drastic change in consumer buying behavior during this pandemic situation and subsequently have gone through drastic changes internally to meet those demands.

Online delivery system was set up long ago for Monno’s products but during this pandemic it was tested to its full potential. monno-shop.com – Monno’s own e-commerce platform provides an easy, hassle free ordering process to customers and door-to-door delivery service all over Bangladesh through its own delivery system which ensures safe transport of fragile goods like ceramic. 24/7 customer service is available for any query of customers.

Social media has also been a key factor in maintaining engagement with regular customers, and Monno has dedicated a lot of resources to solidify its social media presence. Production and supply chain was hampered in the initial stages of the pandemic and later on for several lockdowns. Shortages of raw materials and reduction in workforce greatly reduced the monthly production in the factory but within August of 2020, Monno was able to adapt to the new normal and by the end of last year they were back at full capacity.

Opening more Flagships and Going Global

After the launch of their latest flagship outlet in the capital’s Banani, Monno realized that the demand for premium tableware and unique shopping experience is rapidly increasing in the country. In the upcoming days, they will be inaugurating several flagship outlets in the capital and major cities across the country. Also, as there is a huge demand for Monno’s products in the Bengali diasporas of U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia etc., they will soon start international shipping of their goods as well.

The role model of integrated development of Bangladesh will be a big project centered on development of Keraniganj in Dhaka district.

'Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Industrial City' is being built on 31,000 acres of land. It will be the largest special export zone in Southeast Asia. Bangladesh Govt. said the investment target for the industry is USD40 billion. The industrial city will attract the highest foreign investment so far in Bangladesh and employ 1.5 million people. 26 industrial establishments are already in the process of starting production

Railway sleepers and coaches sit ion new Padma Bridge Rail Line at the end of Mawa rail connection. The train line is planned to open over Padma Bridge in June 2022.

Last edited:
Sup homies

My very first post.

Have been following this forum for quite a while, though I'd make an account.

From my observations (both within this sub-forum, alongside other sources), it seems Bangladesh is finally building substantial infastructure which it always wanted in the past, but could never afford. I think Bangladesh will probably still look kinda rough around the edges well into the end of the decade, but substantial changes (for the better) can be expected non-the-less. I think the focus is (or rather should be), functionality over aesthetics.

To my knowledge, successive governments of Bangladesh have focussed more on rural development, instead of developing Dhaka or Chittagong to the fullest. Or rather, bridging the urban-to-rural divide, into the urban-to-rural continuum. I think Bangladesh has the most seamless urban-to-rural transition in South Asia. This is somewhat related to its high urban population, higher rate of urban migration, and highest rate of urbanization. I think this was a sensible move, which could be more sustainable in the future.

Infrastructural development thus far was sufficient in moving Bangladesh from an LDC (of the late 2000s) to a lower-medium income economy (present day). But it will remain as one, without substantial upgrades to its infastructure.

Sup homies

My very first post.

Have been following this forum for quite a while, though I'd make an account.

From my observations (both within this sub-forum, alongside other sources), it seems Bangladesh is finally building substantial infrastructure which it always wanted in the past, but could never afford. I think Bangladesh will probably still look kinda rough around the edges well into the end of the decade, but substantial changes (for the better) can be expected non-the-less. I think the focus is (or rather should be), functionality over aesthetics.

To my knowledge, successive governments of Bangladesh have focused more on rural development, instead of developing Dhaka or Chittagong to the fullest. Or rather, bridging the urban-to-rural divide, into the urban-to-rural continuum. I think Bangladesh has the most seamless urban-to-rural transition in South Asia. This is somewhat related to its high urban population, higher rate of urban migration, and highest rate of urbanization. I think this was a sensible move, which could be more sustainable in the future.

Infrastructural development thus far was sufficient in moving Bangladesh from an LDC (of the late 2000s) to a lower-medium income economy (present day). But it will remain as one, without substantial upgrades to its infrastructure.

Although this is not a discussion thread, I appreciate your views. I agree that you are correct, however there are two dozen mega projects ongoing (mostly infra, roadwork and energy related) which are meant to move people, products and export cargo more efficiently. Me and others have highlighted these mega projects somewhat in the past few years, but most of these are supposed to move Bangladesh far beyond current levels of logistics, put this country in the labor and exports competitive spotlight and attract significant FDI, much more so than previously obtainable by 2030. Anything beyond that remains speculative.

This is a thread meant for posting videos and articles, let's open a separate thread outside this one to discuss details and specifics.

Back
Top Bottom