What's new

Bangladesh Economic & Infrastructure Development - Updates & Discussions

The new terminal will be separate from the older ones I think , also I think the airlines like Emirates,Qatar,Etihad,Saudi will switch to Terminal 3 right ?

Yes completely separate and the middle east (gulf) airlines will get the new boarding bridge options in the new terminal 3 I'm sure. However there will be a connector bridge from the older terminals 1 and 2 [and hopefully a horizontal automated walkway (Travellator) too - I'm guessing].

The BanghaBandhu Tri Towers are being built under the Purbanchal New Town project, IIRC it's 20 minutes from the Northern parts of Dhaka...

It's a planned city, I have heard numbers like 3 to 4 million residents Maximum and shifting off all foreign embassies to this area when the project is completed.

WOW, never heard about it. Looking awesome.

The tallest one is even taller than Malaysia's Petronus twin towers and almost the same height as the Taipei tower. WOW

@DalalErMaNodi

Shomoi lagbey.

Dilli door ast.

But at least they are trying at putting up a smart city in Purbachal which as a city still looks horrible in my opinion. Narrow roads not in keeping with traffic predictions. Just like Bashundhara. The main thoroughfares that branch off from Purbachal Highway should at least be four lanes altogether.

I shudder to think what will happen when it gets as busy as Boshundhara does with all the eight story condo towers and the roads look like Canyons carved out like in Grand Canyon. Typical greedy chhotolok planning with no foresight. Almost zero setbacks, or very little, if any. I mean setbacks are one factor that is non-negotiable in a supposed upper-middle-class neighborhood. These RAJUK idiots won't listen to any local city planners about setbacks and landscaping, and we have some very good ones.

These planning mistakes are what separates our RAJUK ghushkhor idiots from developments in Indonesia (and Pakistan too) in most cases. The mistakes are there to stay for life.

Jolshiri Abashon DOHS will be another smart city (second one in Bangladesh) from the ground up (in between Boshundhara R/A and Purbachal). Hope that doesn't turn out like this Purbachal which is a comedy of errors, one right after another.

Last edited:
Shomoi lagbey.

Dilli door ast.

But at least they are trying at putting up a smart city in Purbachal which as a city still looks horrible in my opinion. Narrow roads not in keeping with traffic predictions. Just like Bashundhara. The main thoroughfares that branch off from Purbachal Highway should at least be four lanes altogether.

I shudder to think what will happen when it gets as busy as Boshundhara does with all the eight story condo towers and the roads look like Canyons carved out like in Grand Canyon. Typical greedy chhotolok planning with no foresight. Almost zero setbacks, or very little, if any. I mean setbacks are one factor that is non-negotiable in a supposed upper-middle-class neighborhood. These RAJUK idiots won't listen to any local city planners about setbacks and landscaping, and we have some very good ones.

These planning mistakes are what separates our RAJUK ghushkhor idiots from developments in Indonesia (and Pakistan too) in most cases. The mistakes are there to stay for life.

Jolshiri Abashon DOHS will be another smart city (second one in Bangladesh) from the ground up (in between Boshundhara R/A and Purbachal). Hope that doesn't turn out like this Purbachal which is a comedy of errors, one right after another.

So these towers are not being built?

Shomoi lagbey.

Dilli door ast.

At this point I would just pay the Japanese or Koreans to plan cause Rajuk can't do shit lol

Yes.. currently the site office is under construction, this is where the engineers and labour will stay... Expect structure of the actual tower to be visible by 2024...

Bear in mind.. it's not just this tri tower... Rather 39 other 40+ floor skyscrapers as well.

Can you tell me a bit more or link me to some more info? Has funding been allocated or the works started?
At this point I would just pay the Japanese or Koreans to plan cause Rajuk can't do shit lol

BCS officers, extremely incompetent. It's not their fault either. It's the fault of the outdated education system, outdated recruitment system of government employees.

Can you tell me a bit more or link me to some more info? Has funding been allocated or the works started?

Yes, work has already started.. they're building the site office right now.. which will house the engineers and various contactors.. they've also constructed three helipads so foreign experts can come and go easily.

I'm in a hurry, so I'm attaching this video, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask, I'll answer later tonight.

Video from TWO MONTHS AGO.

Purbachal smart city will be built with Chinese consultants, as they have experience on building these infra. They are contracted already.
So these towers are not being built?

They are. Progress is being made (though slow) and some piling for some buildings have started.

It is understandable - knowing that there are hundreds of other mega projects ongoing in Bangladesh right now.

Bangladesh has witnessed an excellent progress in last few years which is driven by the vibrant Bengali culture and excellent leadership of haseena didi. Bangladesh should now prepare for the next League of progress which will be driven by high end Technologies. Bangladesh should make some excellent world class Engineering and Management colleges that will drive the IInd phase of development. Cheers for Bangladesh.

The ferry-free road link to the southernmost Kuakata beach and the Paira seaport is set to open in September this year. Authorities say 95 percent of the bridge work has already been completed. Last minute beauty enhancement work is going on now.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina laid the foundation stone of Lebukhali Paira Bridge on March 19, 2013.

Contractors are working round the clock for completion. Locals are happy with the news of opening the bridge. Desk report on information and pictures of Rahat Khan from Barisal.

Construction of the Paira Bridge over the Paira River at Lebukhali on the Barisal-Kuakata Highway began on July 24, 2016. The contractor has been entrusted with the construction of the bridge at a cost of Tk 1,447 crore. The project was extended in two phases and was scheduled to be completed on June 30, 2022. However, before that, the authorities are working to launch the bridge in mid-September, 2021.

The Bridge is 1,460 meters long and with a width of 6 meters.

In addition to keeping the waterways active, Paira Bridge has been built with aesthetics in mind considering the tourist center Kuakata. The people of the Southern Bangladesh are excited by the news of the inauguration of the bridge. Two longest spans of 200 meters have been installed on the Pigeon Bridge. A 130 meter long pile has been placed at the bottom of the river.

News Report by NEWS24 on 6th June, 2021

Back
Top Bottom