What's new

Bangladesh arrests Pakistan militant suspect

India keen to quiz Jaish man
Star Report

A team of Indian security officials will visit Bangladesh to question a Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) operative arrested in Dhaka recently.

Citing top government sources there, our New Delhi correspondent reports that the team will quiz 35-year-old Nannu Mia alias Belal Mandol alias Billal, who has admitted involvement in the hijack of an Indian Airlines plane in December 1999.

Billal was arrested on Sunday along with four other suspected JeM militants including a Pakistani national.

The Indian sources said he is wanted in connection with the blasts in Bangalore and Surat in 2008. They, however, have yet to be sure if he was complicit in the hijack.

Meanwhile, in a major development in Dhaka, Rezwan Ahmed, the detained Pakistani, has told investigators that a Pakistani intelligence agency had trained him how to operate sophisticated weapons and improvised explosives and then sent him to Bangladesh.

Officials, who have been grilling Rezwan, said he has admitted to receiving funds from Pakistan, but has yet to divulge the identity of the fund providers.

"Rezwan's main job was to ensure safe passage for local recruits and Pakistani militants bound for India to stage terror attacks there," an interrogator told The Daily Star in return for anonymity.

Law enforcers started quizzing Rezwan and his four local associates--Billal, Naser Munshi, Munna and Khoka--at the Task Force for Interrogation cell on Sunday night.

Our New Delhi correspondent adds: India hopes that the Bangladesh will hand over Billal to it after finishing their own investigation.

Reacting to reports on the arrests of five suspected JeM operatives in Dhaka, Indian External Affairs Minister SM Krishna said his country “would get in touch with the government of Bangladesh and try to find out what the position is”.

Referring to the arrestee [Billal] in question, he said if the person turns out to be the one wanted by the Indian police, the government will surely take the matter up with Bangladesh.

In December 1999, militants hijacked Delhi-bound Indian Airlines plane (flight number-814) after it took off from Kathmandu in Nepal.

They forced the aircraft to land in Kandahar of the then Taliban-ruled Afghanistan.

The Indian authorities had to release four terrorists including Jaish founder Moulana Masood Azhar in return for safe release of all the passengers.

Along with another militant group, Jaish is blamed for the attack on Indian parliament in Delhi in December 2001.

It is also suspected to have a role in the abduction and murder of American journalist Daniel Pearl in Karachi.

JeM's main objective is to detach Kashmir from India.

In primary interrogation with the Rapid Action Battalion and later talking to reporters at Rab headquarters, Billal admitted he had a role in the hijack of Indian Airlines plane.

He also said he had been jailed in India in an anti-state case.

India keen to quiz Jaish man

^^^^^^^^^^^
That means he served his time in India and India had ample time to quiz him. Why do they need to quiz him anymore? 10 years werent enough or India even did not have any clue that he was the one Hijacked their planes. Poor Indians...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's great that law enforcements are going after those who are trying to harm other but BSF actually killing our innocent civilian every other day yet I do not hear the news on media. As it seem Bangladeshi medias are run by bharatis. This government oiling up bharati in unprecedented level yet BSF aggression on our boarder increasing rather decrease.

What a shame as a nation.

I thought there should be a brotherly relation between BD and Pak but now it seems to me that we are very different as most people is supporting AL deception now. And I think AL is deliberately trying to vanish the relation between BD and Pak and irritating Pakistan.

Perhaps you are too young to remember however Hasina’s unwanted provocations forced Pakistan to withdraw its high commissioner from Dhaka during awamis 96-2001 regime. I am hoping this will not repeat however recent awamis attack on Pakistan has become unacceptable. So I will not surprised if Pakistan repeat the procedure again because they are not living on Bangladesh donation that they will be bearing awamis big mouth ministers like deaf and mute. So expected unaccepted move from Pakistan anytime soon unless awami change its anti Pakistan motive.

Historically when Islamic rooted party BNP comes in power, we enjoy warmth relation with Islamic countries including Pakistan as it was during 2001-2007. If they come back in power next time than perhaps we will see your brother nation theory comes in life. Stay optimistic until than.

^Pakistan should close the relation with BD to show off that they don't care about BD if BD govt dislike/hate/insult them. And they should not establish this relation again until BD wants by itself a good relation with Pakistan. Why Pakistan still here when max BD (right now) thinks them their theoretical enemy?! Few days ago our law minister said that Pakistani ambassador breaks the diplomatic rule by interfering BD’s internal matter i.e. about war criminal. Our PM, a pure piece of sin, said BD’s intelligent agency fails to predict BDR mutiny cos our agency’s structure is based as ISI. May be she wants RAW's structure based BD intelligent agency which could predict all possible crisis like who is going to kill SH, who is going to attack AL....bla.bla..

Last edited:
Historically when Islamic rooted party BNP comes in power, we enjoy warmth relation with Islamic countries including Pakistan as it was during 2001-2007. If they come back in power next time than perhaps we will see your brother nation theory comes in life. Stay optimistic until than.

Turkis president visited twice during last AL rule, Hasina visited Turkey once last time. The President came back again right after AL in power. Strong defence relationship with Turkey started by AL only. Khaleda never got invited in Saudi either, except she went their for Hajj few times. Relation with Malayasia nose dived during BNP regime with SAKA chapter. They could not even secure 13 votes from among 56 countries of Muslim world for their candidate for OIC secretary general post. Get your factsbook straight Al-Zakir.

Now see the relationship we are enjoying with every country including Muslim world. Kuwait king sent his special planes for our PM. She already visited Saudi, Qatar, Kuwait. She extended her support in the war against Shia insurgency in Saudi Arabia with strong word and were ready to extend any help to Saudi if deemed necessary. BNP is a coward party with a superpower dream and AL is a brave party to face the risk and opportunity.

Last edited:
It's great that law enforcements are going after those who are trying to harm other but BSF actually killing our innocent civilian every other day yet I do not hear the news on media. As it seem Bangladeshi medias are run by bharatis. This government oiling up bharati in unprecedented level yet BSF aggression on our boarder increasing rather decrease.

What a shame as a nation.

AL is the top Indian stooge and I am glad that many Bangladeshi brothers recognize this today.

It runs in the AL's top elite blood to conspire against Pak and defame it so as to confuse the local public about Pakistan's role and to reinforce its own political ideology and rule the janta with Indian backing. that's more like the purpose and role of their existence.

AL has to make news headlines such as this to win support from their Indian masters. This should not be a surprise...it's really a no brainer.

^^^^^^^^^^^
That means he served his time in India and India had ample time to quiz him. Why do they need to quiz him anymore? 10 years werent enough or India even did not have any clue that he was the one Hijacked their planes. Poor Indians...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So what is your point ? Looks like you can't swallow the fact that he has accepted his involvement or you can't understand the new found interest in Indian agencies ? I don't see why are you so critical of your own government and hate for the sake of hate. :taz: :cheers:

AL is the top Indian stooge and I am glad that many Bangladeshi brothers recognize this today.

It runs in the AL's top elite blood to conspire against Pak and defame it so as to confuse the local public about Pakistan's role and to reinforce its own political ideology and rule the janta with Indian backing. that's more like the purpose and role of their existence.

AL has to make news headlines such as this to win support from their Indian masters. This should not be a surprise...it's really a no brainer.

AL may be anti-Pakistan but it is quite possible that the man caught has confessed. According to Pakistan, defaming it is the new business that everyone from Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan US, India and Bangladesh are into. Yes it is a no brainer.

Belals citizenship is questionable. If he is BD citizen then there is no way he could be handed over to India. But he can be tried here for offence committed in India. But I am not a lawyer.

I think we have an extradition treaty, signed during the recent visit of PM Hasina, in place between India and BD. I believe our cooperation in fight against terrorism is showing result. Many thanks to BD.

Its a Job well done!!!!:tup:

Turkis president visited twice during last AL rule, Hasina visited Turkey once last time. The President came back again right after AL in power. Strong defence relationship with Turkey started by AL only. Khaleda never got invited in Saudi either, except she went their for Hajj few times. Relation with Malayasia nose dived during BNP regime with SAKA chapter. They could not even secure 13 votes from among 56 countries of Muslim world for their candidate for OIC secretary general post. Get your factsbook straight Al-Zakir.

Now see the relationship we are enjoying with every country including Muslim world. Kuwait king sent his special planes for our PM. She already visited Saudi, Qatar, Kuwait. She extended her support in the war against Shia insurgency in Saudi Arabia with strong word and were ready to extend any help to Saudi if deemed necessary. BNP is a coward party with a superpower dream and AL is a brave party to face the risk and opportunity.

Oh really. Present constitution has stated that we shall improve relation with Muslim country based on Islam and Ummah yet your so called Islam loving government thinking to take it off from constitution.

Say what ever makes you feel good but fact are:

Turkey actually have a road name after General zia and begum Zia greet with out most respect by saudi Arabia and bangladeshi living there praying for BNP to come back in power. Malayasia stop recruiting Bangladeshi. Your PM and your Hindu loving party disliked by all Muslim country.

Look at her face and you see it resemble Hindu god Ganesh.

^Pakistan should close the relation with BD to show off that they don't care about BD if BD govt dislike/hate/insult them. And they should not establish this relation again until BD wants by itself a good relation with Pakistan. Why Pakistan still here when max BD (right now) thinks them their theoretical enemy?! Few days ago our law minister said that Pakistani ambassador breaks the diplomatic rule by interfering BD’s internal matter i.e. about war criminal. Our PM, a pure piece of sin, said BD’s intelligent agency fails to predict BDR mutiny cos our agency’s structure is based as ISI. May be she wants RAW's structure based BD intelligent agency which could predict all possible crisis like who is going to kill SH, who is going to attack AL....bla.bla..

I must give credit to Pakistan high commission in Dhaka for growing thick skin. Man these guys are tolerating bharati dalal government as if they live on bd's donation. A nuclear power tolerating teeth less BD. Shame really.

I think Pakistan should withdrew from BD right now and cut all the relation so that Al munafiq can not blame them for every failures. Who the **** care about 71. People are living in sub human condition now yet these ibn al miskin are spending millions for so called war crime and other BS that took place 40 years ago. :tdown:

Pakistan is connected to main Islamic land whereas we are surrounded by mushrik thus Pakistan can use it Islamic leverage to move on and clearly should sent a message to outside world that it has nothing to with BD. Perhaps include in their constitution. :tup:

Big mouth awami minister under estimating Pakistan leverage on OIC.

Why the hell are you tolerating these scum? Can a Pakistani bro answer it?

Why india is always talking about Jesh Muhammad organization... not talking about kashmiri Organizations who are fighting for their freedom. ?

Now bangladesh is doing the faster way i mean who would ever thought we could even see this day alive :eek:good going bud:whistle::whistle:

Back
Top Bottom