What's new

Bangladesh arrest warrant over ‘blasphemous’ book

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Bangladesh arrest warrant over ‘blasphemous’ book

Bangladesh arrest warrant over

By AFP
Published: June 5, 2012

Court issues warrant for writer of novel allegedly containing insulting remarks against Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).

DHAKA: A Bangladeshi court has issued an arrest warrant for the writer of a 2003 novel that allegedly contains insulting remarks against the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), a lawyer said Tuesday.

The court in Dhaka issued the order in response to a petition from a Muslim activist accusing author Salam Azad of hurting religious sentiment in his banned book “Bhanga Math” (“Broken Temple”).

“We told the court that the book contained slanderous remarks against the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and Islam. The judge accepted the petition and issued a warrant of arrest,” the petitioner’s lawyer Ekhlas Uddin told AFP.

Dhaka police confirmed the warrant.

Azad told AFP the case was part of a smear campaign against him launched by a senior official from the ruling Awami League party.

“I became his target after I protested his grabbing of Hindu property. He has already filed a case against me,” he said.

Azad, 48, said the book, published in the eastern Indian city of Kolkata, was banned for blasphemy by the Bangladeshi government in 2004.

The book is alleged to contain insulting remarks about the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and the Quran.

In May, Bangladesh banned a novel by popular writer Humayun Ahmed for allegedly distorting how the nation’s first president and his family were murdered in 1975.

Taslima Nasreen Is Another ****** of another kind ,,, even she should be hanged to death .

Taslima Nasreen Is Another ****** of another kind ,,, even she should be hanged to death .

Why? Have you ever read any of her book? Just because she spoke up for Minority rights she must be termed a ******? Should every India who speaks for minority rights in India be called a ******:-/

Why? Have you ever read any of her book? Just because she spoke up for Minority rights she must be termed a ******? Should every India who speaks for minority rights in India be called a ******:-/

Typical Indian propaganda fart.:lol: May be she is a messiah for hindutva islamophobic terrorist in
india but no muslim country would allow such a @$$whole Wh*** to live in their country.

Typical Indian propaganda fart.:lol: May be she is a messiah for hindutva islamophobic terrorist in
india but no muslim country would allow such a @$$whole Wh*** to live in their country.

Don't think any sane person would like to live in so called Islamic countries to begin with.

By the way you may as well use this to get rid of your fart redundancy! :lol:

Simethiconetablets.jpg

I don't know about other books but Lojja(Shame) speaks nothing ill about Islam as a religion, but just portray how minorities been treated in Bangladesh after religious loonies in India raged down Babri Masjid.

Back
Top Bottom