What's new

Bangladesh Army

This is another DTB news flash from their Facebook page. nice site.

আম্ফান পরবর্তী দুর্যোগ ব্যবস্থাপনায় বাংলাদেশ বিমান বাহিনী।

বাংলাদেশ বিমান বাহিনী জাতীয় যেকোন ধরনের দুর্যোগ মোকাবেলায় দেশের প্রয়োজনে সহায়তা প্রদান করে আসছে। সশস্ত্র বাহিনী বিভাগ কর্তৃক In Aid to Civil Power এর আওতায় জাতীয় যেকোন দুর্যোগ মোকাবেলায় বেসামরিক প্রশাসনকে সহায়তা প্রদানের লক্ষ্যে বাংলাদেশ বিমান বাহিনী জরুরী বিমান পরিবহন এবং মেডিক্যাল ইভাকোয়েশন সহায়তা প্রদান করছে। এরই ধারাবাহিকতায়, করোনাভাইরাসের কারণে উদ্ভুত পরিস্থিতিতে ও ঘূর্ণিঝড় আম্ফান পরবর্তী দুর্যোগ ব্যবস্থাপনায় বাংলাদেশ বিমান বাহিনী ০৬টি পরিবহন বিমান এবং ২৯টি হেলিকপ্টার প্রস্তুত রেখেছে। বাংলাদেশ বিমান বাহিনীর ঘাঁটি বাশার এ দুর্যোগ ব্যবস্থাপনা সেল গঠন সহ বিমান বাহিনীর সকল ঘাঁটিতে ২৪ ঘন্টা প্রয়োজনীয় সহায়তার প্রদানের জন্য অপস্ রুম খোলা হয়েছে। ঘূর্ণিঝড় উপদ্রুত এলাকা দ্রুত পরিদর্শন, ক্ষয়ক্ষতি নিরুপন ও ত্রাণ সেবা পৌঁছে দেয়ার জন্য বিমান বাহিনীর এসকল পরিবহন বিমান ও হেলিকপ্টার প্রস্তুত রাখা হয়েছে। ক্ষয়ক্ষতি নিরুপনে ফটো ও ভিডিও চিত্র ধারণ করার জন্য বিমান বাহিনীর এমআই-১৭ সিরিজ হেলিকপ্টারে ক্যামেরা লাগানো হয়েছে যার মাধ্যমে ক্ষতিগ্রস্থ এলাকার প্রকৃত চিত্র ফুটে উঠবে এবং আম্ফান পরবর্তী দুর্যোগ ব্যবস্থাপনায় সহায়ক ভূমিকা পালন করবে বলে আশা করা যায়। দ্রুত উদ্ধার, ত্রাণ ও চিকিৎসা সহায়তা সহ যেকোনো পরিস্থিতি মোকাবেলায় পানি সম্পদ মন্ত্রণালয়, বেসামরিক প্রশাসন, পিডব্লিউডি ও স্থানীয় প্রশাসন কে সহায়তার জন্য বিমান বাহিনী তার জনবল ও সম্পদ সহ সর্বদা প্রস্তুত আছে। আম্ফান পরবর্তী দুর্যোগ ব্যবস্থাপনায় সহায়তা প্রদানের জন্য বাংলাদেশ বিমান বাহিনী বরিশাল এয়ারফিল্ড কে ফরওয়ার্ড স্টেজিং এরিয়া হিসেবে প্রস্তুত রেখেছে। এছাড়াও, দুর্গত এলাকার মানুষের মাঝে প্যারাসুটের মাধ্যমে ১০০০টি উপযুক্ত প্যাকেটে ত্রাণ সামগ্রী বিতরনের পরিকল্পনা গ্রহণ করা হয়েছে। বাংলাদেশ বিমান বাহিনী জাতীয় যেকোন ধরনের দুর্যোগ মোকাবেলায় পেশাদারিত্বের সাথে কাজ করে যাচ্ছে।

Bangladesh Air Force in disaster management after Amphan.

Bangladesh Air Force has been providing assistance to the country in case of any kind of national disaster. The Bangladesh Air Force is providing emergency air transport and medical evacuation assistance to the civil administration in response to any national disaster under In Aid to Civil Power by the Armed Forces Department.

Following this, the Bangladesh Air Force has prepared 07 transport aircraft and 29 helicopters for disaster management in the aftermath of the cyclone Amphan. Ops rooms have been opened at all the bases of the Air Force to provide necessary assistance 24 hours a day including the formation of Disaster Management Cell at the Bangladesh Air Force Base Bashar. All these transport aircraft and helicopters of the Air Force have been kept ready for quick inspection of the cyclone affected areas, assessment of damage and delivery of relief services.

Cameras have been installed in the Air Force's MI-16 series helicopters to capture photos and video of the damage, which will reveal the true picture of the affected area and is expected to play a helpful role in post-disaster management. The Air Force is always ready with its manpower and resources to assist the Ministry of Water Resources, Civil Administration, PWD and local administration in dealing with any situation including speedy rescue, relief and medical assistance.

Bangladesh Air Force has set up Barisal Airfield as a forward staging area to assist in disaster management in the aftermath of cyclone AMPHAN. In addition, plans have been made to distribute relief items in 1,000 suitable packets by parachute to the people of the affected areas. Bangladesh Air Force is working professionally in dealing with any kind of national disaster.

Interesting SINA article about the 44 VT-5 light tanks ordered from China. Altogether 140 are planned to be acquired.

Bangladesh will purchase the first 44 Chinese VT5 tanks and purchase another 100 in the future
4c34-ikcacer3747942.jpg

Bangladesh Army has decided to purchase China VT5 light tanks

According to Bangladesh media reports, the Bangladesh Army has decided to purchase Chinese VT5 light tanks. If the report is true, this is the first export of domestic VT5 light tanks, marking that the new generation of domestic light tanks has opened the international market.

According to relevant news, the Bangladesh Army plans to purchase the first batch of 44 VT5 light tanks to form a tank regiment, and the number of future purchases may increase to 140.

73dd-ikcacer3747997.jpg

VT5 uses a lot of advanced technology, excellent performance

In 2017, the Bangladesh Army issued a request for information, proposing to purchase a new generation of light tanks. The Bangladesh Army hopes to deploy this light tank in the southern and eastern water network areas to perform mobile combat missions. At that time, Russia, South Korea and China all provided a new generation of light tanks to participate in the competition. In 2018, Bangladesh completed the evaluation of these tanks. They believed that China's VT5 light tanks had better performance and higher cost-effectiveness. They decided to purchase Chinese VT5 main battle tanks.

The VT5 light tank is a new generation of light tanks developed by relevant Chinese units in the new century. It is mainly aimed at the mountains, hills and paddy fields. The tank battle weight is 33 tons, equipped with composite materials, reactive armor and grille armor, etc., with strong protection capabilities. In addition, it is equipped with laser warning, smoke bombs and other defense systems. If necessary, it can also install a domestic GL-5 active protection system to further improve tank protection capabilities. The VT5 light tank power system includes an 8V150 turbocharged diesel engine with a maximum power of 880 horsepower. The transmission system is a comprehensive hydraulic transmission system. It is hand-in-one, with variable speed, braking and steering. With the advanced power system, the VT5 light tank maneuver The performance is good, the maximum speed can reach 70 km / h, and it can fully adapt to the complex terrain environment.

fd5d-ikcacer3748069.jpg

VT5 uses a 105mm rifled gun

The main gun of the VT5 light tank is a long barrel 105mm rifled gun. It fires a domestically produced BAT2 tail stable shelling armor-piercing projectile, which can penetrate 550mm vertical homogeneous steel armor at a distance of 2000 meters. This indicator can completely deal with T-72.

Three generations of main battle tanks. If the customer needs, it can also be equipped with domestically fired missiles to increase the tank strike distance. In terms of fire control system, the VT5 adopts the upper anti-stabilization image fire control system.

The gunner is equipped with an integrated sight and integrated thermal imaging night vision system. It has the functions of detection, aiming and guidance. The commander is equipped with a comprehensive peripheral vision sight and a thermal imaging night vision goggles, which can indicate the target to the gunner. When necessary, he can also surpass the gunner to shoot the target and achieve the hunting-fighting combat capability.

From here we can see that the VT5 light tank is specially developed for a new generation of light tanks. In contrast, many foreign light tanks are modified on the basis of infantry fighting vehicles or armored conveyors. There is a clear gap between that performance and that of VT5. This is the main reason why the Bangladesh Army is determined to purchase VT5 light tanks.

c9b3-ikcacer3748134.jpg

Bangladesh Army Type 59 Medium Tank

d873-ikcacer3748197.jpg

Type 59 after upgrading Turret and new gun locally

8c5c-ikcacer3748264.jpg

Bangladesh Army VT-1A main battle tank (MBT 2000)

In fact, the Bangladesh Army has always been a loyal user of Chinese tanks. In the 1970s, 59 medium tanks were imported from China, and in the 1980s, 69 medium tanks were introduced. The Bangladesh Army believes that these tanks are simple in structure, economical and practical, and have been used until now.

The latest news said that the Bangladesh Army has reached an agreement with China to continue to upgrade these Type 59 and Type 69 tanks. The upgraded tanks are equipped with 125 mm smoothbore guns, advanced night vision and fire control System, combat capability reached or even exceeded T-72 main battle tank.

Considering that the 59 and 69 tanks are aging, the Bangladesh Army has introduced a more advanced VT-1A main battle tank from China in the new century. It is equipped with a 125 mm smoothbore gun, image stabilization fire control system, and thermal imaging night vision system. The performance exceeds the T-72 main battle tank, and it can compete with the T-90S main battle tank.

It was the long-term use of Chinese tanks that left a deep impression on the Bangladesh Army, so they decided to choose the VT5 for a new generation of light tanks.

(Author's signature: Xiao Fei's defense observation)

Bangladesh isn’t impressed with vt1 performance... I don’t know the reason. Altay, Russian and Korean tanks being considered

Bangladesh isn’t impressed with vt1 performance... I don’t know the reason. Altay, Russian and Korean tanks being considered

Well Altay is still new and unproven and rather heavy for our terrain. Let the Turkish folks work the bugs out. Looks very promising. We could buy mid-life Leopards (2A4 with newer turret) or Canadian C2 version too, but would they work in Bangladesh situation?

Indians are using the low cost Russian Tanks T-90S, T-72 (near obsolete, 2nd line duty). These are preferred over Arjun which is an expensive Leopard re-hash.

T-14 Armata excellent but too expensive and too high tech. Our tankers/gunners will need advanced degrees in laser photometry. :-)

Korean K2 is not a bad option and may warrant serious looking into. But their own Army purchase organization DAPA announced in 2012 that due to ongoing issues with the reliability and durability of the domestically-produced powerpack, the first 100 production K2s would use German-made MTU powerpack and that service entry would be delayed until March 2014. So only with German MTU powerpack - if purchased.
1024px-%EC%9C%A1%EA%B5%B0_K2%EC%A0%84%EC%B0%A8_%287445555272%29.jpg

K2 is also on the Heavy side at 55 tons.

I don't know why the Bangladesh Army brass is not happy with the VT1 (which is the Type 98 PLA domestic designation), maybe they can look at other newer and a bit more reliable Chinese tanks like the type 99a/99a2 variants and maybe try out a few by choosing a different and more reliable powerpack (like the German MTU powerpack). Type 99 is also rather heavy at 55 tons or thereabouts.

The export designation for the type 99 variants is MBT3000 or VT4, which I believe Pakistan may have gotten ToT for. @Zarvan bhai, is this old news?

For Special OPS - the CAN AM MAVERICK X3 MAX X DS TURBO RR based vehicles are increasingly popular worldwide among special forces. Here is the civilian market version sold for around $27,000. As one can see - the off-road pedigree is unmistakable.

Maverick-X3-Max-X-ds-Turbo-RR-Phoenix-Orange-Metallic_3-4-front.png

Here is an Italian custom version made by ARIS, called an LTATV used by Italian SF from the 9th Paratroopers Assault Regt "Col Moschin".

1h0xx47dsvz41.jpg

Well Altay is still new and unproven and rather heavy for our terrain. Let the Turkish folks work the bugs out. Looks very promising. We could buy mid-life Leopards (2A4 with newer turret) or Canadian C2 version too, but would they work in Bangladesh situation?

Indians are using the low cost Russian Tanks T-90S, T-72 (near obsolete, 2nd line duty). These are preferred over Arjun which is an expensive Leopard re-hash.

T-14 Armata excellent but too expensive and too high tech. Our tankers/gunners will need advanced degrees in laser photometry. :-)

Korean K2 is not a bad option and may warrant serious looking into. But their own Army purchase organization DAPA announced in 2012 that due to ongoing issues with the reliability and durability of the domestically-produced powerpack, the first 100 production K2s would use German-made MTU powerpack and that service entry would be delayed until March 2014. So only with German MTU powerpack - if purchased.
1024px-%EC%9C%A1%EA%B5%B0_K2%EC%A0%84%EC%B0%A8_%287445555272%29.jpg

K2 is also on the Heavy side at 55 tons.

I don't know why the Bangladesh Army brass is not happy with the VT1 (which is the Type 98 PLA domestic designation), maybe they can look at other newer and a bit more reliable Chinese tanks like the type 99a/99a2 variants and maybe try out a few by choosing a different and more reliable powerpack (like the German MTU powerpack). Type 99 is also rather heavy at 55 tons or thereabouts.

The export designation for the type 99 variants is MBT3000 or VT4, which I believe Pakistan may have gotten ToT for. @Zarvan bhai, is this old news?

i don't understand why they're not satisfied with the mbt 2000 either, idk if it's the autoloader system (base t70 design) or the weight distribution, or the powerplant. could be a mix of everything but i'm personally not aware of the issues... leopard 2 would be really good purchase new or used... k2, i agree should have MTU pack... altay initial units are running with MTU packs if i remember right... i think tank purchase can wait for sometime... the light tank VT5 is a good purchase imo and the fleet should be expanded to planned 144. we need to wait for the next generation of MBT being developed by germans and french

Does anyone know the actual amount of combined personal in the armed forces, Including reserves? According to global firepower its 160,000 but that number has been the same for the past few yeares

Does anyone know the actual amount of combined personal in the armed forces, Including reserves? According to global firepower its 160,000 but that number has been the same for the past few yeares

Army is 350,000 from what I've heard.

Does the military officially report its numbers or are they all just estimates?

It's based of an aljazeera report from 2013, way more credible than the Wikipedia estimate of 150,000. Actually the 150,000 was too small to be credible anyway. I would put it upwards of 200,000 for sure. I don't know why there isn't any concrete data on the numbers. www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/05/201252982553900996.html

There are certain group of people who edit our armed forces Wikipedia articles to make them look weaker. I don't think I need to tell you who those people are. They f***ed the air force page up by morphing the equipment header into current chiefs of staff header. Absolute menace.

Who edits a Wikipedia sites, what a petty thing to do. Pricks

Last edited:
It's based of an aljazeera report from 2013, way more credible than the Wikipedia estimate of 150,000. Actually the 150,000 was too small to be credible anyway. I would put it upwards of 200,000 for sure. I don't know why there isn't any concrete data on the numbers. www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/05/201252982553900996.html

There are certain group of people who edit our armed forces Wikipedia articles to make them look weaker. I don't think I need to tell you who those people are. They f***ed the air force page up by morphing the equipment header into current chiefs of staff header. Absolute menace.

Who edits a Wikipedia sites, what a petty thing to do. Pricks
Teenage virgin sanghi boys living in Canada

Back
Top Bottom