What's new

Bangladesh Army

Bangladesh locally upgrades TYPE-59 Durjoy MBT
Bangladesh army's own BMTF(Bangladesh Machine & Tools Factories) under '902 heavy workshop upgraded old type-59 light tank into a modern generation main battle tank as Type-59 Durjoy; equivalent to chinise Type-96 MBT
Specification:
---------------------
- weight: 40 tons
- operational range: 450 km
- engine: 800HP
- torque: 1400rpm
- speed: 49km/h
- armour: RHA, ERA
- crew: 4

- main gun: 125 mm smoothbore (28 rounds)
- secondary gun: 12.7 heavy anti aircraft machine gun (600 rounds) & 7.62 coxial GPMG (6000 rounds)
Other features:
* 125mm round including APFSDS,HEAT-FS,HE-FS round:can penetrate 550m armour at 2km distance
* Can fire anti tank guided missile from main gun
* Advance data link and communication system
* Full computerised system
* Electronic Countermeasures (ECM)
* Explosive Reactor Armour (ERA)
* Active Protection System
* Smoke grenade
* RF Jammer
* Tharmal & Night vision
* Laser range finder
* Air condition system
* Nuclear-Radioactivity, Biological, Chemical protection suit or NBC suit.
* VRC-2000L Radio with the range of 30km

It was upgraded by China and is not comparable to type-96 which is a generation younger.

It can’t launch missiles because of its cramped turret and loader..

It has no “APS”.. I can see no such system on the tank..

Active datalink and com system ? Not unless it has an IBMS, which I don’t see on it.

ECM?

And so on.

It was upgraded by China and is not comparable to type-96 which is a generation younger.

It can’t launch missiles because of its cramped turret and loader..

Active datalink and com system ? Not unless it has an IBMS, which I don’t see on it.

ECM?

And so on.
China helped with the technical designs and manufactured some parts... like the gun etc... the tanks were rebuilt in bd.

It isn’t comparable to type 96... no mater what bd people say here....
It can launch missiles however.... this is a larger turret.... the stock turret can’t have a 125mm gun installed in the first place.

No APS ofc
Pictures of data links and ballistic computers were posted in bdmilitary forum if I remember correctly.

ECM... not sure...

I would not say it’s a good tank... it’s obsolete... but if you take into account all the variants of type 59s....
this is the most advanced version.

China helped with the technical designs and manufactured some parts... like the gun etc... the tanks were rebuilt in bd.

It is a Chinese upgrade.. both Pak and China bid for it ..

It isn’t comparable to type 96... no mater what bd people say here....
It can launch missiles however.... this is a larger turret.... the stock turret can’t have a 125mm gun installed in the first place.
It’s not a new turret, but spaced armour over the old turret.

No APS ofc
Pictures of data links and ballistic computers were posted in bdmilitary forum if I remember correctly.
Post em bro.

I would not say it’s a good tank... it’s obsolete... but if you take into account all the variants of type 59s....
this is the most advanced version.

The most advanced ? Not really... that would be Pak AZ upgrade,Ukrainian upgrade ...

Paracommandos got new get up

31682443_1689063714515388_9014771866537111347_n.jpg

The facebook poster did a little mistake. Micheal Corleone already gave all the answer, so i don't need to bother i guess.

It's a completely new turret!! No need to argue about that!! Check the difference yourself!!

17457946_1442755759121330_6380633682012076299_n.jpg
17342914_1442755922454647_8635648268418050519_n.jpg
17457369_1442755875787985_674321729235740810_n.jpg
17458179_1442755809121325_2561219636928236569_n.jpg

type-59-main-battle-tank.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

It is a Chinese upgrade.. both Pak and China bid for it ..

Post em bro.

The most advanced ? Not really... that would be Pak AZ upgrade,Ukrainian upgrade ...
The pak upgrade was also field tested in bd... the one with type 96 turret was also tested... the 96 turret one had messed up center of gravity and failed in trials in wetlands... but was on par on dry cross country...
and I also thought the turrets were the old ones with spaced armor but if you look into top side photos... it’s clearly not...
Also a 125 caliber wouldn’t fit into stock in the first place because the stock design was max designed for 100mm in mind... in Soviet army... the same tank type 54 first came with 80mm variants if I remember correctly.

The pak upgrade was also field tested in bd...

They were never field tested... the tenders were won solely on affordability basis.. I believe..

the one with type 96 turret was also tested... the 96 turret one had messed up center of gravity and failed in trials in wetlands... but was on par on dry cross country...
and I also thought the turrets were the old ones with spaced armor but if you look into top side photos... it’s clearly not...
Also a 125 caliber wouldn’t fit into stock in the first place because the stock design was max designed for 100mm in mind... in Soviet army... the same tank type 54 first came with 80mm variants if I remember correctly.
Can you post pics bro?

And yes, 125mm could fit in type-59.

New turret is in no way feasible , also your should remember that the upgrade kids were sent by China and assembled in Bangladesh.

They were never field tested... the tenders were won solely on affordability basis.. I believe..

Can you post pics bro?

New turret is in no way feasible , also your should remember that the upgrade kids were sent by China and assembled in Bangladesh.
Type 59 G uses a new turret. Durjoy has a very similar turret. Besides when did you become an expert on 'photoshopped' tanks?

Type 59 G uses a new turret. Durjoy has a very similar turret.

Type-59G doesn’t use a new turret either.. that again is additional armour placed on the old turret.

You can’t just take an old tank and slap a bigger turret on it..

Besides when did you become an expert on 'photoshopped' tanks?

When I saw a rather PS’d looking pic.

Type 59 G uses a new turret. Durjoy has a very similar turret. Besides when did you become an expert on 'photoshopped' tanks?

F2215FC6-C73B-4A47-A8A3-97E54D59236D.jpeg

Can you see the original Type 59 turret ventilation (1.) the original oval top (2.) which meets the added armor package (3.) and the original Type 59 crew hatch (4. & 4a.)

Same goes for “durjoy”.

Can you post pics bro?

Are you in the Facebook group of bd military?? The post was made long back I can’t seem to find it.
You know what pisses me off!? There was a new tender for 300 more of these rust buckets from China

Can you see the original Type 59 turret ventilation (1.) the original oval top (2.) which meets the added armor package (3.) and the original Type 59 crew hatch (4. & 4a.)

Same goes for “durjoy”.
Ours doesn’t have the oval top though....
Hmm.....

Edit: in some pics it clearly does. It others it doesn’t. Strange

I don’t get the fact how they managed to cram in a 125 mm when the whole tank was originally an 80mm upgraded to 100mn
The number of rounds in is reduced!

Are you in the Facebook group of bd military?? The post was made long back I can’t seem to find it.
You know what pisses me off!? There was a new tender for 300 more of these rust buckets from China

Hmm.....

I don’t get the fact how they managed to cram in a 125 mm when the whole tank was originally an 80mm upgraded to 100mn
Modern ATGMs and other anti-tank measures can make any tank look like a rust bucket. Since China is developing unmanned Tank system(testing it on type 59s) I think it is a better idea to get more Type 59s and convert them to UGVs later on.

Hmm.....

26197851_10204030656642889_5551639723977298141_o.jpg
26233745_10204030656802893_7774485580291648704_o.jpg

Modern ATGMs and other anti-tank measures can make any tank look like a rust bucket. Since China is developing unmanned Tank system(testing it on type 59s) I think it is a better idea to get more Type 59s and convert them to UGVs later on.
THey will be purely used as target vehicles in real life tank warfare trainings... but much advanced potential is there in armata... of it being unmanned for combat one day...
I wonder how’s the armor on that thing, since it’s mostly unproven by now...
Also APS with combination of hardkill/ soft kill system deemed effective against anti tank weapons... the loss of t90s in Syria was from the crew disabling their shrota system and keeping the hatch open

Original turret.

C4iSR: Joint & Common Equipment
Bangladesh receives second BTR 80 simulator
Giles Ebbutt, Plymouth - Jane's International Defence Review
01 May 2018
Turkish simulator manufacturer Simsoft has delivered its second BTR 80 vehicle crew simulator to the Bangladesh Army, Jane’s has learned.

The package comprises driver training and commander/gunner simulators, which can be used separately for individual training or linked for full mission crew training. Each simulator is mounted on an articulated platform that can offer three degrees of freedom.

The image generation software, which is developed by Simsoft, provides weather effects, thermal and infrared (IR) camera visualisation, and battlefield effects.

The hardware is a mixture of real and high-fidelity replica equipment, including a periscope view system although it does not feature an out-of-hatch capability.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options at ihs.com/contact

Back
Top Bottom