What's new

Bangladesh Army

With the T-72, the auto-loader takes up a whole lot of space which is obviously a big hazard and claustrophobic. The absence of a separate blowout compartment in those vehicles is a hazard too. And no, the MBT-2000 doesn't have it. The Russians fixed that with the T-14 along with a revolutionary unmanned turret. I do not know about the Chinese though.
The main problem with that is that the auto loader is mounted vertically, by design... Chinese tanks still have similar auto loaders afaik.
You guys really need to study some stuff about war. Doctrine is important.

Bangladesh Army never had any offensive doctrine because it didn't need any in the first place. But now, we can agree that it is really needed. But for that to happen, it needs support, key changes, money and time. And yes, justice too even if we have to go to the ends of the earth.

We are a small country. The only way for us to have an advantage is having the high ground.
I am not sure if bd army has a war doctrine in the first place, maybe the govt is scared to make the military to powerful!? Anyways but I do agree with you that bd do need to formulate an offensive doctrine as well.

YOu do not attack unless you have an 3:1 advantage. Unless its a big no. Avoid the conflict.
I believe we didn’t have 3:1 advantage in terms of military weapons or training in 1971!?

VT-4 is not based on T-72. That is a lot of misconception about people unknown of the tank. It is a brand new concept that is far more advance. Just the chassis is enough to tell the different. The tank is driven in fully automatic transmission. An automatic car driver has no prOblem drive VT-4 straight. The network level and data sharing of VT-4 is far more than any previous generation of Chinese tank produced. UCAV and helo can feed info to this tank and allowed the know the enemy armour units ahead.

The tank hunter system is far superior even than western counter part. Standard hunter system, the captain spot the enemy and feed info to gunner. Gunner then search for the target and once located. He will proceed to shoot at commanders call. But the VT-4 tank hunter system can auto log on by captain once spotted on and gunner proceed to shoot without the need to search the target himself and waste few seconds of previous time.
I’m talking about the basic chassis design, technically even a t90 is a different design with longer chassis and better machinery but essentially it was based off of t72, unlike armata which is a complete new design.

I believe we didn’t have 3:1 advantage in terms of military weapons or training in 1971!?
Do not you ever read war histories? Learn more and then vomit your FATOR Fator. Stupidity should have its limit. Since when you have become an war veteran? You even do not know about 1971 war between Pakistan and India that created Bangladesh. What @TopCat said is 100% correct. You do not even know the difference between a defensive and offensive war. He was talking about an offensive war.

Do not you ever read war histories? Learn more and then vomit your FATOR Fator. Stupidity should have its limit. Since when you have become an war veteran? You even do not know about 1971 war between Pakistan and India that created Bangladesh. What @TopCat said is 100% correct. You do not even know the difference between a defensive and offensive war. He was talking about an offensive war.
Mate, calm down. I asked him a question... I never claimed to be a war veteran, so stop with your shenanigans.
1971 war between India and Pakistan!? Sure do...
but i am not compelled to be held accountable to prove to you my knowledge in anything (again which I don’t claim to be vast)
When you don’t have anything positive to contribute to the team, don’t come with that negativity.
Also I hadn’t followed this thread all this while so chill out.

I do not know how far the Chinese take that chassis. They take inspiration from Russian and Western tanks and basically try to mold them together. The Type-96 was a lower-profile turret while the MBT-2000 has a boxier one with better armor packages.

With the T-72, the auto-loader takes up a whole lot of space which is obviously a big hazard and claustrophobic. The absence of a separate blowout compartment in those vehicles is a hazard too. And no, the MBT-2000 doesn't have it. The Russians fixed that with the T-14 along with a revolutionary unmanned turret. I do not know about the Chinese though.

You guys really need to study some stuff about war. Doctrine is important.

Bangladesh Army never had any offensive doctrine because it didn't need any in the first place. But now, we can agree that it is really needed. But for that to happen, it needs support, key changes, money and time. And yes, justice too even if we have to go to the ends of the earth.

We are a small country. The only way for us to have an advantage is having the high ground.

An army without an offensive doctrine is no army at all. Their whole purpose is to be offensive. If you plan to fight only when the enemy has intruded upon your nation then you will lose. Situation needs to be monitored and you create killing ground on enemy territory and you reinforce your line in your own ground.

BD had strategy before now its military is an overfead pooch.

We need to be prepared to take action. Our inaction is creating a problem. BD has been attacked directly and we have done nothing.

If BD crosses the naff no one will assist the bandors. No one will assist us either. We need to face the facts our forces are not good enough to face a rag tag bunch of savages. Pointless....

As to BD being a small country.... we are nothing of the sort... please see a geographically accurate map rather than the classical representation of the world map.... BD is a big country...

You do understand that the military is heavily influenced by the govt now and has no autonomy right? The prime minister calls the shot, not the Chief if staff... which is why pilkhana murderers got away with whatever happened, which is why BSF gets away with killing people and which is why Burma gets away with pushing refugees. Hasina has done good things, including making military stronger, but no use of that if she’s not willing to use it when necessary.

It is absolutely correct that the a civilian is the CnC of our forces but she would listen to military advise. As much as I detest her politics I have faith that she would follow military advice. I simply do not think BD military is capable enough to carry out what is needed. She has been advised as such thus the embarrassing response.

I’m talking about the basic chassis design, technically even a t90 is a different design with longer chassis and better machinery but essentially it was based off of t72, unlike armata which is a complete new design.

I think you have a terrible misconception about VT-4, who told you VT-4 is based on T-72 basic chasis design? The western news article? These western article has zero credibility about Chinese weapon. They always come up with the usual biased ' Copy this , Copy that" and yet they know nothing about structure and design of Chinese weapon. I advise you look for more Chinese source with translated by reputable members to know more. VT-4 chasis is based more on western structure. The engine component is in a piece unlike old T-72 which gearbox and main engine are closely integrated. By separating these, it allow rapid replacement of engine in battlefield and allow tank to continue battle in case of damaged. This is something Ukraine, Russia tank not able to do it. Go google it.

M1A2, Leopard 2 and Korean tank are all designed structurally able to carry out rapid main engine replacement in short time. Same as VT-4 which follow western tank structure.

I think you have a terrible misconception about VT-4, who told you VT-4 is based on T-72 basic chasis design? The western news article? These western article has zero credibility about Chinese weapon. They always come up with the usual biased ' Copy this , Copy that" and yet they know nothing about structure and design of Chinese weapon. I advise you look for more Chinese source with translated by reputable members to know more. VT-4 chasis is based more on western structure. The engine component is in a piece unlike old T-72 which gearbox and main engine are closely integrated. By separating these, it allow rapid replacement of engine in battlefield and allow tank to continue battle in case of damaged. This is something Ukraine, Russia tank not able to do it. Go google it.

M1A2, Leopard 2 and Korean tank are all designed structurally able to carry out rapid main engine replacement in short time. Same as VT-4 which follow western tank structure.
According to you which western tank do you think is the VT4 based off of?
I thought the type 96 was purely first Chinese design

An army without an offensive doctrine is no army at all. Their whole purpose is to be offensive. If you plan to fight only when the enemy has intruded upon your nation then you will lose. Situation needs to be monitored and you create killing ground on enemy territory and you reinforce your line in your own ground.

BD had strategy before now its military is an overfead pooch.

We need to be prepared to take action. Our inaction is creating a problem. BD has been attacked directly and we have done nothing.

If BD crosses the naff no one will assist the bandors. No one will assist us either. We need to face the facts our forces are not good enough to face a rag tag bunch of savages. Pointless....

As to BD being a small country.... we are nothing of the sort... please see a geographically accurate map rather than the classical representation of the world map.... BD is a big country...

It is absolutely correct that the a civilian is the CnC of our forces but she would listen to military advise. As much as I detest her politics I have faith that she would follow military advice. I simply do not think BD military is capable enough to carry out what is needed. She has been advised as such thus the embarrassing response.
I guess warm blooded generals comes with their shortcoming (gen. Moen U Ahmed)

You obviously have a different opinion. Does not mean that makes you right.
Wars are won by believing in yourself and not by overestimating the enemy. Read about WW2 where Germany easily beat the UK/French combined in 1940.
If we use logic here, how can a tiny 2 billion US dollar defence budget even remotely adequately train 400,000 soldiers and use competently the huge amounts of hardware that is always being purchased?
As long as BD sticks to Arakan and the BAF gets 1-2 new squadrons of fighters, then BD has a good chance of imposing a solution favourable against Myanmar.

Ironically, Germans thought it would be a long war of attrition against France/UK and a quick,swift and decisive war against USSR.......

I hope we don't mistake by underestimating our enemy. No matter how well trained our army is, as long as the Burmese have working trigger fingers, they are still a credible threat.

Ironically, Germans thought it would be a long war of attrition against France/UK and a quick,swift and decisive war against USSR.......

I hope we don't mistake by underestimating our enemy. No matter how well trained our army is, as long as the Burmese have working trigger fingers, they are still a credible threat.

Yes , BAF needs 1-2 squadrons of modern fighters before BD can realistically deal with the savages for good.
Myanmar must be dealt with as soon as possible as it is causing economic damage to BD.

The status quo has changed. its not like we will engage in a guerilla warfare against myanmar?

Yes , BAF needs 1-2 squadrons of modern fighters before BD can realistically deal with the savages for good.
Myanmar must be dealt with as soon as possible as it is causing economic damage to BD.

1-2 is still not enough for offensive purposes IMO

1-2 is still not enough for offensive purposes IMO

OK. Maybe 3-4 squadrons are required to fully deal with MAF, SEAD and Barman heavy artillery and MLRS.
My point still stands that the professional BD infantry will mow down the sandal wearing Barman infantry with ease as long as BAF can provide the support.

The status quo has changed. its not like we will engage in a guerilla warfare against myanmar?
With a conventional force, certainly not.

OK. Maybe 3-4 squadrons are required to fully deal with MAF, SEAD and Barman heavy artillery and MLRS.
My point still stands that the professional BD infantry will mow down the sandal wearing Barman infantry with ease as long as BAF can provide the support.
I’m sure we essentially have the capability to make them not have a navy anymore. But yes you’re right. Waiting for the deals to materialize. Chinese one is done... Russian one is suppose to happen this-next month
But can’t expect more than 5 squadrons before 2030... that’s a guarantee.

I’m sure we essentially have the capability to make them not have a navy anymore. But yes you’re right. Waiting for the deals to materialize. Chinese one is done... Russian one is suppose to happen this-next month
But can’t expect more than 5 squadrons before 2030... that’s a guarantee.

BD Navy will either sink or keep their crappy sub-less Navy in port. Just the thought of those two Type-035G submarines will scare the crap out of the MN sailors.
BD has the Ulsan class frigate and the two Type-056 corvettes that are far advanced than anything that Myanmar has. The total dominance of BD Navy will be complete when two further Type-056s join this year.

I disagree that BAF will only have 5 squadrons by 2030. Once BD has signed contracts for the types of fighters it wants and first squadron has been inducted then it is a simple matter of order as many as you wish if the funds are available. BD defence budget is growing 7% a year in line with the growth of the economy. 12 years is plenty time to induct 160 fighter aircraft.

BN will start building the first of 6 next-generation frigates either end of this year or start of next. They have already announced that 6 will come online by 2030 to make BN the second most powerful Navy by far in S Asia. BAF is just as important as Army and Navy for defence of BD and it's interests. The reason it has been neglected so far is the focus on the Navy and the lack of multi-billion dollar funds required to buy squadron after squadron of modern fighter aircraft.

I disagree that BAF will only have 5 squadrons by 2030. Once BD has signed contracts for the types of fighters it wants and first squadron has been inducted then it is a simple matter of order as many as you wish if the funds are available. BD defence budget is growing 7% a year in line with the growth of the economy. 12 years is plenty time to induct 160 fighter aircraft
I hope you’re right, but if there’s financial constraints or economy stalls then 5 is what we’re looking at...
Anyways j-10b production stopped... we already signed deal for j-10c last year... second batch pilot in training.

Sukhoi deal by March or April. Stay tuned.

(People who discredit bdmilitary, remember half the shit you guys talk about, it accurate is sourced from bdmilitary or DTB which works with bdmilitary now)

Mate, calm down. I asked him a question... I never claimed to be a war veteran, so stop with your shenanigans.
1971 war between India and Pakistan!? Sure do...
You did not simply asked @TopCat a question. You tried to verify the authenticity of his comment. You should have yourself known the reality of what he said. Instead, you said how BD won against Pakistan if 3:1 is correct.

It shows that like those many CHETONA guys, you also do not know your own country's true war history. 1971 was a guerrilla war that possibly could not have been won by the Muktis alone in a short time had India not come forward with his troops and heavy weapons. When Muktis were outside of border, the Razakars were inside it.

you said how BD won against Pakistan if 3:1 is correct.
If you have paid a little attention in your English grammar class... you would notice the teacher say whenever a word ends with exclamation alone, it’s trying to prove a point and show a firm stance as in the facts provided in the sentences are correct!

But if the sentence ends with an exclamation and question mark, it signifies that it’s a fact the writer isn’t sure about and would like to have it verified or corrected.

You sir however are trying to move away from your fault of coming at me rudely instead of trying to figure out if I’m being ignorant or honestly don’t know about the above discusssion.

Back
Top Bottom