What's new

Bangladesh Army

Project presentation cover page of Air Defense Artillery Fire Control Simulation System (ADAFCSS) :

air%20defense%20simulation%20systems_14124.jpg

857 × 479

Related link

If you are viewing this page in "Pakistan Defence 1.0" interface style you may change it to "Elmo" style like this : go to address bar of your browser > type or paste these eleven characters : ?styleid=63 after the characters .html > press Enter

Or you can change it very quickly with the combo box at almost bottom of this page.

From other forum :
Latest news from the BAF. i have posted before that the BAF plans to procure J-10Bs and has rejected the FC-1, this has changed.

Well a new committee has been formed to develop a new generation Air Defence system for BD. The BAF has put on hold all the new air craft procuring plans, instead funds are now being diverted to builiding a multi layered AD system.

"BD Govt is planning to introduce a multilayer AD system very soon. For these they already form a joint forces' committee which includes - Director, AD, BA and Director, AD, BAF and other concerned officers and directorates (such as WE&S, Artillery of BA and Air Plans etc). As far as I know, their plan is like as follows -

1. VSHORAD : FB-6A (6 km)
2. SHORAD : FM-90 (12 km, for point defence)
3. Medium Range : LY-60D/LY-60N (22 km, for limited aerial defence)
4. Semi-Long Range : LY-70 [Naval Version]/LY-80 (42km, for aerial defence)

[LY-70/LY-80 is a reverse engineered version of Russian BUK-M1-2]"

I posted that the military had chosen the QW-2 to replace the HN-5 as the standard MANPAD and local production of QW-2 missiles was going to begin soon. How ever it appears that after much field testing the Armed Forces are not satisfied with the QW-2 and have opted for the FN-16( modernised FN-6) So far the MANPADS were only used by artillery units but the army plans to equip all ground units with MANPADS.

I asked about the air craft procurement plans, The BAF it seems will not replace the A-5s as it said it would by 2011, but instead plan to upgrade them to A-5Ds. One new sq of F-7BGs will be bought.
The BAF is once again looking at the JF-17. From what I hear they plan to induct Fc-1s along with Su-27SKMs. :what: Nothing about the flankers or the FC-1 is official, but the source from where I got the news has so far been extremely accurate about BD's defence plans.

Source-BD military.com

Have they gone mad or something?
Thats a logistics nightmare.

I think so it is unlikely we can maintain /j-10 jf-17 as well as su-27 at a time though the J-10 and su-27 will be using same power plant

I think so it is unlikely we can maintain /j-10 jf-17 as well as su-27 at a time though the J-10 and su-27 will be using same power plant

Russian jets? No thanks! Maybe you are referring to the J-11? Well, I don't think they are up for export yet. That includes the J-10. JF-17 would be a good replacement for the A-5s.

Russian jets? No thanks! Maybe you are referring to the J-11? Well, I don't think they are up for export yet. That includes the J-10. JF-17 would be a good replacement for the A-5s.

fc-1 shall it be, one thing that annoys me is
when they have sufficient experience operating migs
why are they even considering sukhoys?

It is true , air superiority jets are required though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom