What's new

Bangladesh Army

Army Aviation perform aerobatics in a spectacular fly-past marking the Victory Day.
2010-12-16-15-20-40-December.......Sixteen&

2010-12-16-15-20-37-December.......Sixteen%2033.jpg

2010-12-16-15-20-29-December.......Sixteen%2032.jpg

BDR renamed as BGB
Star Online Report

President Zillur Rahman has consented to the Border Guard Bangladesh Bill 2010, renaming the Bangladesh Rifles and providing maximum death penalty for a mutiny.

The Jatiya Sangsad, earlier on December 8, passed the bill with the provision of death penalty for offences like rebellion, killing and arson within the paramilitary force.

The government had moved to enact the law repealing the existing one to restructure the BDR in the wake of the heinous killings of army officers at the Pilkhana headquarters in February last year.

Under the law, some stringent rules and provisions will be followed in the operation of the security force.

The existing law allows the BDR authorities to jail any soldier for a maximum of seven years for his involvement in a mutiny. The force is currently trying the suspects of last year's BDR mutiny in the special courts while the trial of killing, looting, arson, and other grievous offences will be held in the civil courts.

The unprecedented mutiny broke out when army officers refused to fulfill the demands made by BDR jawans at their yearly Darbar (assembly). The mutiny left 74 people including 57 army officers killed.

The provision dealing with mutiny says if two or more members jointly disobey a legal order of the authorities of the border force, armed forces or auxiliary forces, or challenge and resist them, the members will be charged with mutiny.

Besides, expressing anger to the authorities or making attempts to do so is considered mutiny in the provision, and the maximum punishment for such action would be death penalty.

The bill also kept the post of director general of the force reserved for the army and other posts will be given to armed forces' commissioned officers on deputation or to the force's junior officers by promoting them. The director general will command, administer and control the force in accordance with the law.

The bill also suggests that during war the border force will be placed under the control of the defence ministry and will discharge duties assigned by the ministry.

The bill has provision for formation of a reserved force consisted of retired junior officers and border guard men. The reserve force members will have to assist the regular force when asked to do so.

Upon government approval, the director general may appoint reserve force members as junior officers and rank-holder border guard members for a certain period due to shortage of manpower in the force.

BDR renamed as BGB

To Bangladeshi members
see if you can help this guy......
My name is Paul Barrow and I am a 1stLt in the United States Marine Corps. During my initial training last year I met an Captain of the Bangladesh navy and we became good friends. I have been communicating with him through Facebook, but unfortunately his profile has disappearance and I cannot find him. He is Capta...in Ali Haider Chowdhury and as of our last communication he is the Captain of a torpedo boat. Could anyone help me in contacting the Bangladesh Navy officially so I can reach my friend?

Very Respectfully

1stLt P.G. Barrow
Team Leader USMC

and heres his Facebook link
Paul Barrow

Last edited:
2011-02-12-22-26-51-February........Twelve%2047.jpg

Bangladesh Army personnel go through a security drill at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium at Mirpur in Dhaka on Saturday ahead of the ICC World Cup.

2011-02-12-22-26-43-February........Twelve%2048.jpg

2011-02-12-22-26-37-February........Twelve%2050.jpg

Mi-17 Helicopter.

2011-02-12-22-23-56-February........Twelve%2045.jpg

2011-02-12-22-23-49-February........Twelve%2046.jpg

Part of heightened security ahead of the world cup, a helicopter flies over Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium at Mirpur, Dhaka on Saturday.

2011-02-12-22-23-56-February........Twelve%2045.jpg

2011-02-12-22-23-49-February........Twelve%2046.jpg

Part of heightened security ahead of the world cup, a helicopter flies over Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium at Mirpur, Dhaka on Saturday.

I have read your posts in some other discussion forum where you have proved yourself as well informed about military matters of Bangladesh. Here posters like me do not have information about military exercises, training or purchasing of hardwares etc. I would much appreciate if you kindly keep on posting BD military photographs and other information also in this Forum. Thanks in advance.

BD-08 Assault Rifle

The BD-08 is a family of highly reliable infantry weapons based on the Type 81 assault rifles manufactured at the Bangladesh Ordnance Factory's Small Arms Factory under license from NORINCO. The family includes BD-08 assault rifle and BD-08 light machine gun.

The designation is derived from the country of origin and year of manufacture - Bangladesh-2008 or BD-08.

The Small Arms Factory of the Bangladesh Ordnance Factory, which manufactures the BD-08 family was inaugurated on the 1st of January, 2008. It is the country's second small arms factory, the first one was built in the 1960s to manufacture Type 56 and Type 63 assault rifles.

Design

The BD-08 is a gas operated, magazine fed, automatic rifle. It uses a short-stroke gas piston, located above the barrel, and a two-position gas regulator, along with a gas cut-off valve for launching rifle grenades. The gas system, as well as the bolt group with the AK-47 type rotating bolt, is reminiscent of those of Type 63 rifles. BD-08 rifles also retain the bolt hold-open device, which catches the bolt in the open position after the last round has been fired from magazine. The fire selector-safety switch is located at the left side of the receiver, just above the pistol grip, and can be easily operated with the right hand thumb. The open sights are marked from 100 to 500 metres, with the front sight being mounted just ahead of the gas block, leaving the front portion of the barrel free for the rifle grenade launcher. Ammunition is fed from Type 56 (Kalashnikov) 30-round magazines, or from 75-round drums intended for the BD-08 light machine gun.

BD-08 Assault Rifle

The BD-08 assault rifle is a Type 81-1 featuring a foldable stock.

BD-08 Light Machine Gun

The BD-08 assault rifle is a Type 81 Light Machine Gun.

Back
Top Bottom