What's new

BANGLADESH and PAKISTAN - The destruction of Buddhism and Hinduism

Neo,.

I find Vinod at times very pro Pakistan.

Indeed, it does not affect me since he does say things that are correct and which even if pro Paksitan is the truth!

And I feel truth should prevail!

The days of idiotic animosity are over!

Pakistan has been working on producing AAMs and SAMs for at least a decade now, but through joint-ventures or as a foreign commercial partner. With AAMs, the South Africans offered us a development package in 1998-1999 in the form of cooperation in A-Darter, T-Darter & ramjet technology. We know that Pakistan took up assistance offers in precision A2G technology which helped in the H2/H4-series and Ra'ad ALCM. Denel offered a 'renewed' deal during IDEAS 2006 - also included Umkhonto IR & R SAMs along with the Darter-series.

Things to consider...the PAF said JF-17 will use a 5th generation WVRAAM. Given the sensetivity of such an advanced system on a main workhorse, it would be best that it is not directly imported. In other words the system must be customized by Pakistan to ensure its commercial nature cannot be used against us. NATO has been known to use methods of cracking source codes or screwing with weapon-systems of Iraqi fighters.

Of all known 5th generation WVRAAMs on the market & offered to PAF...of which I can recall IRIS-T and A-Darter - the A-Darter is the most realistic and feasible. For one the South Africans repeatedly offered us a space in the project. Secondly, the European IRIS-T will be a financial, political and technical pain...however NATO technology cannot be discounted. Hence the news reports of Pakistan negotiating with Thales for MICA...I don't think it is the missile we want. French-MBDA assistance in seeker, data-link & guidance technology would be much more desirable.

Clues that support my argument have already surfaced. For one the PAF revealed JF-17's HMD which appears to look very similar to the Denel (South African) Archer HMDS. Richard Fisher also claimed that JF-17 will use an "A-Darter derived WVRAAM". However the system PAF will use might be based off A-Darter, but it would be very different in some critical areas...probably guidance, seeker, data-link communication, etc.

The same applies to the BVR project. Do note that we Pakistanis have been hearing about a "T-Darter" project for years now. Well recently Denel unveiled the "T-Darter" project officially; and it will be a missile in the league of the MBDA Meteor. Maybe not as good as Meteor...but it may make use of ramjet technology and be a medium to long-range AAM - i.e. a contemporary of Meteor. Nonetheless...I have a feeling Pakistan is also involved in this project in a similar fashion as A-Darter.

As for SAMs...well for at least short and medium-range systems, I think Pakistan may use its AAM capability as a basis. The nature of A-Darter and T-Darter would allow us to produce our own effective and modern short & medium range SAMs. Not to mention the fact that Pakistan could have exposure to Spada-2000, Saab BAMSE, RAM and possibly even ESSM (as per pshamim on PakDef). So the initial basis is all there...we just need to put it all together. Plus other countries such as Turkey & South Korea are developing their own new short & medium range SAMs for land & naval use.

With foreign cooperation, IMO Pakistan will produce its own SAMs by 2019. I think a good bet would be to use T-Darter - especially if it is ramjet - and design a Vertical-Launch medium range SAM similar to the Aster-15/ESSM. This system could be applied to our naval ships as well as land based air defences. In fact, if we work on it in a similar fashion as the Israelis with the Barak-system, a T-Darter based SAM could have a range of 50-70km - giving us a singular HiMADS. PDMS systems can be developed using A-Darter...though I hope we could pull off a Rolling Airframe Missile like concept using A-Darter...

For long-range SAMs similar to S-400...we would probably use an existing and tested concept and develop it further locally. I think HQ-9 is the most likely choice, but you never know. I guess it would depend on when Pakistan wants such a system, if it it plans on inducting them in a couple years - then HQ-9 should be expected. If Pakistan plans to have it from 2019 or later, then I think a full local development of the missile should be expected. The ideal goal would be to produce a SM2 like missile, i.e. not resorting to the size of Chinese or Russian designs for long-range.

Though note...Pakistan might be on the ramjet boat and is working on at least turbojet technology - maybe even turbofan. Key would be to look at Turk-Pak cooperation, if the two countries decide to pear up on a long-range SAM - then expect an SM2-like design IMO.

May be Korea not being able to do that explain why Pakistan has not done so either!

Just a thought. ;)

Even if the reply was a bad joke it managed to piss off the management and earned him a temporary ban.
Our leniency should not be mistaken for weakness.

Engima.

If you think being an idiot is the way to win an argument, you are sadly mistaken.

It shows you are a ignorant person with high pretensions and you are misusing the forum wherein a Pakistan can with immense ignorance and abusive language can survive!

Do come to a neutral board and let us debate it out and let me show how stupid and shallow you are!

What exactly intellectual have you contributed with this post

You have indicated that like most of you, you are totally brain crippled!

It is said and I quote, "jaisa mo waisi chappair"
Sometimes we have to come down to others level to make them understand something their mutilated brains cant understand. I hope my reasoning is clear now...
Engima,

Only the best of my army go to do course in the US.

If the same is applicable to Pakistan and with your intelligence and debating power, I would not even allow you to attend an NCOs Course!

No it is the opposite on our side...thnx..our best serves the army while staying within...:bunny:

My family is from East Pakistan; therefore, it becomes a little far fetched to believe it was a one way traffic. It must be realised that no one wants to give up his home and hearth, unless there are good reasons!

Of course, if you can make me believe that it was all peaceful and people quit their hearth and homes for no good reasons, I will be grateful!!

It is interesting to hear that there was no Sikhs, Hindus etc in what became Pakistan. What does the census say. What is the latest census? It must be remembered that Pakistan is not too keen on census and therefore the story can never be known!

In West Pakistan, there were no Sikhs, Hindus etc and every minority was from East Pakistan?

Please don't distort my comments.

I urge you to read my posts again, if your comments above are truly what you inferred from them.

There has been no suggestion of "one way traffic", nor that "everything was peaceful" - there were atrocities committed on both sides, and just as people fled from them from India to Pakistan, so too people must have fled from Pakistan to India.

The questions I posed relate to determining whether the people who did flee from West Pakistan were proportional to the people feeing from India, and whether that migration would account for the drop in the minority population in West Pakistan.

There has been no aversion to a census - here are the results on religion in the 1998 census.
http://www.statpak.gov.pk/depts/pco/statistics/other_tables/pop_by_religion.pdf

No need for baseless accusations ("aversion to census"), we are after all "not trying to open old wounds".

Back
Top Bottom