What's new

What happened to the Buddhists?

teachings of Buddha and those in True Islam are similar
That is new information to me. I thought Buddhism is similar to Hinduism since they both use terms like Dharma, Karma, Reincarnation, compassion to animals, have Buddha statues in temples etc.,

Bhuddism is great + better religion than Hindusim
seems after looking into Hinduism & Bhuddism historical facts,
Hinduism looks like a Zerox copy of Bhuddism, where Bhuddism is the originated religion by birth.

Buddhism had a large presence in Afghanistan and Pakistan

Zoroaster (and Zoroastrianism) is associated with Persia/Iran
Zoroaster is from Afghanistan mate...
Afghanistan/Arian/ had interconnected history with Iran, we are not exactly talking about different world's here

Buddhism was mostly an indo Aryan speakers religion which most ancient Pashtuns, tajiks or all the dominant groups of modern day Afghanistan didn't follow they were more influenced by Zoroastrians or local deities

It was practiced by those who used to live in Afghanistan at the time but are no more or have been assimilated into the dominant culture whatever pov you prefer
" Mainly concentrated in eastern and southern regions of present-day Afghanistan, early Indo-Aryan inhabitants (between 2000 and 1500 BCE) were adherents of Hinduism. Notable among these inhabitant groups were the Gandharis and Kambojas,[7] while the Pashayi and Nuristanis are contemporary examples of these Indo-Aryan Vedic people."

Kambojas were pushed out by Huns into Punjab plains and are now a Punjabi clan - babar azam the cricketer for example, ghandharan were not modern day Afghans, Panini the linguist was a ghandharan Sanskrit linguist and afghans speak an Indo iranic language
Connect the logic

Or look at the modern day example of those historical people Nuristanis were converted in Afghanistan, on the other side in Pak are called kafiristan/kalasha and follow their own style of Vedic religion

Modern day groups of Afghan didn't follow Buddhism or form of Hinduism like that, it was an Indo Aryan phenomen mostly

Afghan or iranic speaking groups had their own deities or were more interested in Zoroastrianism then after ummyads Islam

This group is the vast majority of modern day Afghanistan not the Indo Aryan speaking groups , they have been assimilated or pushed out of Afghanistan

Dharmic religions as you call it are a complicated phenomen in Afghanistan but I don't think most modern day Afghans exactly followed it

"The religion Zoroastrianism is believed by some to have originated in what is now Afghanistan between 1800 and 800 BCE, as its founder Zoroaster is thought to have lived and died in Balkh while the region at the time was referred to as Ariana.[2][3] Ancient Eastern Iranian languages may have been spoken in the region around the time of the rise of Zoroastrianism. By the middle of the 6th century BCE, the Achaemenids overthrew the Medes and incorporated Arachosia, Aria, and Bactria within its eastern boundaries. An inscription on the tombstone of Darius I of Persia mentions the Kabul Valley in a list of the 29 countries that he had conquered.[4]

Before the arrival of Islam Southern Afghanistan used to be a stronghold of Zoroastrianism. There were close relations between Persia and Arachosia concerning the Zoroastrian faith.[5] It is believed that the Avesta had arrived in Persia through Arachosia. Thus the region is also considered as a "second fatherland for Zoroastrianism"

Last edited:
Hinduism looks like a Zerox copy of Bhuddism, where Bhuddism is the originated religion by birth.
BS :lol: Burma, Tibet serfdom, sri Lankan, Thai Buddhism can be very hardcore too

Last edited:
Ambedekarite chamaars don't count

@Drizzt @Paitoo @SIPRA ^^^

Sipra saheb, after you have looked at my first post here and then the above reply, you yesterday asked me not to get personal with members like Virus and @langda khan but what to say of people like them seeking to deprive a living human being of rights and dignity just because these members' ancestors instituted the most vile political, social and socio-economic systems in the history of humankind 3000 years ago and these members instead of condemning and rejecting their ancestors and parental beliefs and their god system and adopting humanist, progressive and scientific systems, continue to follow them and get outraged when someone questions the rationality of their beliefs ?

The USSR was built upon removing these kinds of stubbornly anti-humans but some sent to re-education camps to reflect and reform and start contributing to society and humanity for the first time in their lives.

Buddhism is thriving here, both Theravada and Mahayana, many Hindu dharmis also partake in chanting and meditation retreats/courses and follow the path of ahimsa.

Yeah, those Hindu dharmis sit in yoga positions in those "meditation retreats" in Noida and Bangalore and then depart to the shakha in their cars and motorbikes. And yes, Dalai Lama was such a peaceful person that he being a feudal lord with a personal torture chamber in his palace, torturing the peasants of Tibet, keeping them in shackles outside and cutting off their limbs as punishment and letting poor hungry people die in the mountain sun and having thousands of serfs and personal slaves. This is the source for the below picture. There are other pics there and on the internet but will be considered graphic to post here :
00000000005brzfozy76inuerhre9690.jpg

And when Dalai Lama was about to have his vile kingdom eliminated by the Chinese Communists, the CIA and the Indian military ( Assam Rifles regiment ) got him and his followers into India in 1959 to reside in Dharamsala and continues to live there. He was allowed to set up an anti-Communist "government-in-exile" and his people and their children form the Special Frontier Force, a special military unit under RAW. Dalai Lama's people live in various cities in India under funding from successive Indian governments and Western governments enabled by propagandists like the celebrity Hollywood actor Richard Gere.

Declared this year is Indian government allocating 40 crore more funds to the criminal Dalai Lama and his followers :
The Union government has extended the scheme to provide ₹40 crore grants-in-aid to the Dalai Lama’s Central Tibetan Relief Committee (CTRC) for another five years, up to fiscal year 2025-26, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday. The scheme was extended after the Galwan incident in June 2020 where 20 soldiers were killed in violent clashes with the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) in Eastern Ladakh.

To a question by Biju Janta Dal’s Sujeet Kumar regarding the details of the ₹40 crore the CTRC during the last five years, Minister of State for Home Ajay Kumar Mishra said in a written reply, “The scheme provides for an annual grant of ₹8 crore to CTRC to meet the administrative expenses of Settlement Offices and social welfare expenses for Tibetan refugees staying in Tibetan settlements spread across 12 States/UTs in the country. The entire amount of ₹40 crore (₹8 crore per annum) from 2016-17 to 2020-21 for this scheme has been released/reimbursed to the CTRC.”

On being asked, whether there is any plan to release a second tranche of such funds, the reply stated, “Yes. The scheme has been further extended for five years from 2021-22 to 2025-26. An amount of ₹8 crore to CTRC has been released for the year 2021-22.”

In 2015, the NDA government came out with a new policy for the Tibetan refugees and sanctioned a scheme of providing grant-in-aid of ₹40 crore to CTRC for five years to meet the administrative and social welfare activities expenses of 36 Tibetan settlement offices in different States.

The reply added that the Tibetan Rehabilitation Policy of 2014 is reviewed in consultation with all the concerned stake holders i.e. State/Central Departments.

More than one lakh Tibetan refugees are settled in India. Major concentration of the Tibetan refugees is in Karnataka, Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal and Jammu and Kashmir.

Tibetan refugees began pouring into India in the wake of the flight of the Dalai Lama from Tibet in 1959. The government decided to give them asylum as well as assistance towards temporary settlement.
Why are Indian people's tax money going to these criminals ?

That is new information to me. I thought Buddhism is similar to Hinduism since they both use terms like Dharma, Karma, Reincarnation, compassion to animals, have Buddha statues in temples etc.,

The wordings are similar because Gautama Buddha was a Hindu prince in Nepal by name of Siddhartha before he began deep thinking and that was his language. :)

I don't know about the Buddhist space for the reincarnation concept, must study, but I don't think Buddhism has space for ritualism like modern Buddhists do. And then do you think Buddha would have approved of Virus's below post which is utterly anti-human ?
Ambedekarite chamaars don't count

Dear lord, you really have zero idea about ANYTHING.. I guess its to do with you never having stepped out of your dirty filthy gutter slum where you live vicariously from behind your broken old laptop.

Epebble, "Chamaar" used to be a oppressed caste in Hindu India and is still now that is involved in tanning of animal skin. They were the untouchables kept outside of "pure" Hindu habitations. The are now under the category of Dalits and caste-believing upper caste Hindus like Virus use Chamaar as a term to insult people, not only the original Chamaar community but maybe Muslims and Communists and anyone except the three upper castes in Hinduism. It is a word of insult.

Absolutely !

No, as I presented in post# 10, Buddhism and Hinduism are opposite, and Hinduism is India is 3000 years old having come from Iran and Buddha lived 2500 years ago. There is a 1966 Hindi film called Amrapali about a girl of that name who is the royal dancer of Vaishali kingdom in what is now Bihar around 500 BC and she becomes the obsession of the king Ajaatshatru of the Magadh empire who destroys her kingdom to obtain her but she is horrified by the bloodshed done in her name :
The ruler of Vaishali sentences her to life in a dungeon and orders to kill her on a full moon night. Ajaatshatru, who is enraged to hear this, gathers his army, and storms the unsuspecting people of Vaishali and virtually burns the city down, killing almost everyone in it. He then rushes to free his beloved from the dungeons. He does set her free - but it is not the same Amrapali - this Amrapali is quite different and not at all thrilled to be in the presence of her conqueror lover. She is taken by him to the battlefield and is shown everyone he killed just to get her. She is horrified to see so much bloodshed. She tells she can't live like this anymore and surrenders herself to Gautama Buddha. Ajatashatru also follows her and surrenders himself.
So the Buddha lived about 2500 years ago, 500 years after the coming of Hindus into India from Iran.

There is a beautiful song in the film called 'Tumhe yaad karte karte', an exquisite song, one of the most beautiful I have listened :

What is ?

Last edited:
Agreed with everything except for "hinduism" for the following reason:

"The term Hindu was first imposed on South Asian nations by the Afghan dynasty of Ghori in the 12th century; this term was never used in South Asia prior to the Muslim era and is not even found in early (pre-12th century AD) Brahmanical or Buddhist texts. Such a term and concept has no historical depth in any social, religious, ethnic or national sense past the 12th century when Mohammed Ghori for the first time named his conquered subjects Hindus." [G. Singh, Sakasthan and India, Toronto, 1999, p. 20]
We here are dharmis, that's the correct term.

Insulted Other Member/Nationality
@jamahir aka Munawar Ali STFU you dirty smelly ugly slum dwelling virgin bhikari

Think people just got reconverted back to hinduism in that sense. Refuse to believe there was any extermination/genocide, just Brahmins got their mojo in full throttle. I really don't think people would have treated it like a different religion all together, the transition would have been like changing the patron deity of a kingdom for the common folk once the kings converted.

Think people just got reconverted back to hinduism in that sense. Refuse to believe there was any extermination/genocide, just Brahmins got their mojo in full throttle. I really don't think people would have treated it like a different religion all together, the transition would have been like changing the patron deity of a kingdom for the common folk once the kings converted.

Conversion was so effective that Buddhists turned from majority to 0%? Only the Safavids of Iran were able to achieve something like this wrt to Sunnis, and we all know what that involved.

This cannot happen without state sponsored genocide and persecution. I think most of the killing took place during Pushyamitra’s reign. At the time of his death Buddhism ceased to be the mainstream culture of Bharat, though peripheral regions like Bengal worked as a refuge for Buddhist monks.

Agreed with everything except for "hinduism" for the following reason:

"The term Hindu was first imposed on South Asian nations by the Afghan dynasty of Ghori in the 12th century; this term was never used in South Asia prior to the Muslim era and is not even found in early (pre-12th century AD) Brahmanical or Buddhist texts. Such a term and concept has no historical depth in any social, religious, ethnic or national sense past the 12th century when Mohammed Ghori for the first time named his conquered subjects Hindus." [G. Singh, Sakasthan and India, Toronto, 1999, p. 20]

I think that the usage of term "Hindu", in religious context, is a little earlier than 12TH century. Alberuni uses it in 11TH centuries, and he took it from some earlier Muslim historians and geographers. Still, it is clear, that this term was coined by early Muslims.

You raise fine questions. About the Nalanda part please have a read of the article I linked below which should be read by everyone declaring "The Mozlems murdered Nalanda".

That's nonsense. Buddhism arose as reaction to the atrocities and utterly obscene discrimination against fellow human beings instituted by Brahmanvadi Hinduism. Muslim philosophers more than 1200 years ago essentially included the Buddha in the list of the 124,000 prophets considered part of Islam. This inclusion because they said the teachings of Buddha and those in True Islam are similar - questioning injustices, wrongs and how to live a serene life :

This is a nice article called "When the monks met the Muslims".

So, Hindutvad is totally opposite to Buddhism and Islam, and Buddhism and Islam have lot in common. And this also is manifested in the matter of Dalits and Shudras converting to Buddhism after having been oppressed an discriminated by caste Hindus for the last 3000 years since Hindus came into India from Iran and established the caste system, extremest misogyny, extremest Capitalism and feudalism. In 2016 the Dalit student Rohith Vemula of Hyderabad University suicided after being discriminated and oppressed by upper caste Hindus in the university administration and the central government. That year after his suicide his mother and brother adopted Buddhism by rejecting Hinduism. Why now, even in 1956 Dr. Ambedkar who is the Dalit architect of the Indian constitution, after having waited for a few decades for the caste-system-believing upper caste Hindus to change their evil ways and then seen they haven't changed called a gathering of 600,000 of his Dalit and Shudra followers and all converted to Buddhism. This is the list of the 22 vows that Ambedkar presented during that adoption of Buddhism and no. 19 is "I renounce Hinduism, which disfavors humanity and impedes the advancement and development of humanity because it is based on inequality, and adopt Buddhism as my religion.".

It's very true that Buddhism is very similar to Islam, as well as Gnostic Christianity.

The name is not a matter, but the most important is the essence.

Everyone can claim to be a gym member (religious follower), but not all are bodybuilders (spiritualists, defeating ego, and becoming a really good person).

Islam helped and saved billions of people in the Middle East. And Christianity as well in Europe.

The thing that Buddhism can't.

The essence is the most and only important thing, not the name.

Conversion was so effective that Buddhists turned from majority to 0%? Only the Safavids of Iran were able to achieve something like this wrt to Sunnis, and we all know what that involved.

This cannot happen without state sponsored genocide and persecution. I think most of the killing took place during Pushyamitra’s reign. At the time of his death Buddhism ceased to be the mainstream culture of Bharat, though peripheral regions like Bengal worked as a refuge for Buddhist monks.
6aezqs.jpg

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom