The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
© Asaf Khandekar

1611296401988.png

1611290498744.png

Last edited:
At least the 8 Mig-29s are finally being upgraded to be able to provide some real deterrence to MAF.

8 upgraded Mig-29s, 16 F-BGIs and those Yak-130s that could come in useful in WVR engagements should at least allow BD to stave off MAF for a week or two.

At least the 8 Mig-29s are finally being upgraded to be able to provide some real deterrence to MAF.

8 upgraded Mig-29s, 16 F-BGIs and those Yak-130s that could come in useful in WVR engagements should at least allow BD to stave off MAF for a week or two.

23 fighter jets (including the new ones) will at least give us minimum deterrence against Myanmar.

but but but our migs r nonupgradeable..!!
@tarpitz burmese navy will surely use their state of the art manpads to intercept our pesky kh31A!!

Lets follow @Bilal9's advice and try not to engage with trolls. This sub-forum is still kinda infested with them and you can't get rid of them at all. It's futile to have an argument. I am tired of them. 😞

Seriously it wont
MAF outguns BAF with more jf17s

Bengaldesh should work with india
Or look for single engine plateform in atlesst 3-4 squardon numbers(~60-80)
While retiring everything else
Now that mig29 are being refurbished this seems unlikely to happen

Seriously it wont
MAF outguns BAF with more jf17s

Bengaldesh should work with india
Or look for single engine plateform in atlesst 3-4 squardon numbers(~60-80)
While retiring everything else
Now that mig29 are being refurbished this seems unlikely to happen

HELL NO we ain't working with India

Putin will take the money and then give it to the Dutch/Swiss/Vatican/Londoners...enriching the evil bankster thieves while giving the shaft to the Russians.

Only 4 examples?

Also, this is looking like its stopgap or for training purposes just to get BAF acquainted with more modern munitions/tactics.

It's something, but doesn't change the balance much.

Only 4 examples?

Also, this is looking like its stopgap or for training purposes just to get BAF acquainted with more modern munitions/tactics.

It's something, but doesn't change the balance much.
Agreed. Step in the right direction.
MiG-29s are maintenance intensive aircraft.
You should either use them to their full potential or dump them. BAF has finally killed the dilemma and gone for the former.

MiG-29s should be dedicated to anti-surface roles while a single engine platform should be chosen to form the backbone ASAP. Start with 1 squadron and then expand. This is why I really hope the upcoming 16 fighters are single engine.

You should either use them to their full potential or dump them. BAF has finally killed the dilemma and gone for the former.

MiG-29s should be dedicated to anti-surface roles while a single engine platform should be chosen to form the backbone ASAP. Start with 1 squadron and then expand. This is why I really hope the upcoming 16 fighters are single engine.
Exactly
Use or dump

Either buy 40 more mig35 and full MRO
Or
Dump them

What this says to me are two things.

Western aircraft are coming. Since they take longer, the Migs have to be used for quite some time yet.

Secondly, the proficiency gap between BAF now and what's needed to utilize the incoming Western aircraft needs to be rectified in the interim.

The upgraded Fulcrums probably allowed BAF a cheap way to introduce modern munitions and tactics to make the eventual Western acquisition easier to absorb.

Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense in just a tactical perspective. (i.e. limited in scope/numbers)

Last edited:
What this says to me is two things.

Western aircraft are coming. Since they take longer, the Migs have to be used for quite some time yet.

Secondly, the proficiency gap between BAF now and what's needed to utilize the incoming Western aircraft needs to be rectified in the interim.

The upgraded Fulcrums probably allowed BAF a cheap way to introduce modern munitions and tactics to make the eventual Western acquisition easier to absorb.

Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense in just a tactical perspective. (i.e. limited in scope/numbers)

True , hopefully western aircrafts will come soon but again we don't hear about BAF signing a deal for fighters yet. And there is no reason to hide it cause what's the point of it even ?

BAF leadership is incompetence not being patient

Back
Top Bottom