al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
JEDDAH: IRFAN MOHAMMED

Published — Saturday 1 February 2014

Last update 1 February 2014 12:26 am

The Bangladesh consulate in Jeddah is working to establish channels of communication between the trading communities in the port cities of Jeddah and Chittagong. A senior delegation is expected to visit the Kingdom soon to explore business opportunities in both countries said Maryland Namul Islam, consul general of Bangladesh in Jeddah.
Chittagong is a strategic port in Asia and the business hub of Bangladesh while Jeddah is an important port on the Red Sea.
Nazmul Islam said that Chittagong is strategically located sharing borders with Burma, China and India while the landlocked neighbors such as Nepal and Bhutan need the port as an entry point for cargo to be transported to their countries.
Besides these two countries, the emerging economic giant India also wants access to Chittagong to send goods to its seven north-eastern states.
The top priorities which will be explored in the proposed visit by the Bangladesh delegation will be garments, pharmaceuticals and the manpower sectors, Nazmul Islam said.
The Bangladesh consul general visited the Makkah Chamber of Commerce and Industry on Wednesday to meet with officials to discuss the strengthening of business ties between the two countries. Nazmul Islam was received by vice president of MCCI, Mazin Bin Fuad Tunsi and presented him with a memento.
The Makkah Chambers will play an important role in developing business channels between the two countries, Nazmul Islam added.
“Bangladesh is expecting to receive positive news from the Kingdom in terms of manpower recruitment from Bangladesh,” he said.
Nazmul Islam confirmed that the recruitment process is expected to take place soon and that the Bangladesh Embassy in Riyadh has been working closely with Saudi authorities in this regard.
Bangladesh is one of the few countries where the Haj pilgrimage costs did not surge compared to other countries owing to its strong economy.
In the last five years, its GDP has grown at an average rate of 6.3 percent per year, in the midst of one of the worst global downturns in recent times.
It has achieved its 2015 UN Millennium Development Goals two years in advance. In 2013, it had brought down the number of poor to less than 30 percent of its population-a target set for 2015 by the UN.
In most indices of human development, especially gender- related, Bangladesh has surged miles (in some cases, yards) ahead of India and other south Asian nations. Where India is unable to manage its spiraling current account deficit, Bangladesh sits on a comfortable current account surplus of $2.57 billion for the first time in history since independence.

Bangladesh aiming to boost ties with KSA: Nazmul Islam | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Good news for both countries. A lot of potential for closer ties on all fields. @kalu_miah @Saiful Islam

All the best Bangladesh but know this, Bsngladesh will need to establish strong relations with Pakistan first before aiming for Saudi Arabia. Unless ofcourse, Bangladesh can mass produce nukes, ready and waiting to be delivered to the Custodian of the Two Holy Masaajid.

All the best Bangladesh but know this, Bsngladesh will need to establish strong relations with Pakistan first before aiming for Saudi Arabia. Unless ofcourse, Bangladesh can mass produce nukes, ready and waiting to be delivered to the Custodian of the Two Holy Masaajid.

Please elaborate. Not sure what you mention has anything to do with ordinary Saudi Arabian-Bangladeshi ties?
Whatever issues Pakistan and Bangladesh have they should solve them and I would be more than happy if KSA could help with that.

"All the best Bangladesh but know this, Bsngladesh will need to establish strong relations with Pakistan first before aiming for Saudi Arabia. Unless ofcourse, Bangladesh can mass produce nukes, ready and waiting to be delivered to the Custodian of the Two Holy Masaajid."

Not all relationships have to be based on brute force buddy.

BD may not be able to contribute in the arena of war but we are a hard working, clever and resilient bunch. We are also relatively trouble-free and can be depended upon, which as port-keepers is an essential characteristic.

KSA knows the reality about Bangladesh's Government and Sheikh Hasina and her Anti-Islamic policies. When she Hung the Islamist Leader Abdul Qadir Molla , the whole Islamic World disowned this shameless Govt.

If now RAWAMI LEAGUE leader Sheikh Hasina thinks the Islamic world will ever embrace her, she is deluding herself.

KSA knows the reality about Bangladesh's Government and Sheikh Hasina and her Anti-Islamic policies. When she Hung the Islamist Leader Abdul Qadir Molla , the whole Islamic World disowned this shameless Govt.

If now RAWAMI LEAGUE leader Sheikh Hasina thinks the Islamic world will ever embrace her, she is deluding herself.

I don't know anything about the situation in Bangladesh but I believe that business is business. We Arabs never had a problem with conducting business on all continents, with all kind of people for millenniums nearly.

Bangladesh is a Muslim country and a country that is growing although it has many problems as most/all Muslim countries. So I see no problems with having closer relations with them in terms of trade, business, education etc. We should look past political disputes. The government of Muslim country x or y makes up 0,01% of the population of that said country usually so the average Bengali should not suffer from that or any other people. Also governments/rulers come and go.

I don't know anything about the situation in Bangladesh but I believe that business is business. We Arabs never had a problem with conducting business on all continents, with all kind of people for millenniums nearly.

Bangladesh is a Muslim country and a country that is growing although it has many problems as most/all Muslim countries. So I see no problems with having closer relations with them in terms of trade, business, education etc.

It would be interesting to see the reaction of KSA Govt. There are a lot of wonderful people in Bangladesh and vast majority of them are good decent human beings ( besides being good Muslims) and we admire and appreciate those Brothers.

I don't know how much you know about the present Govt. of Bangladesh but they are Lowest kind of Scu*bags. This present Govt. of Bangladesh is highly Anti-Islamic govt. and the Bangladeshi Muslims hate their Govt. They are killing their Muslim leaders and I am sure KSA Govt. is well aware of the history of this present Govt. in Bangladesh.

It would be interesting to see the reaction of KSA to these advances.

Oh Please!

Tell me sincerely, would you be as heartbroken if the Pak government had hanged some JI leaders in your country?

Your avatar indicates that you're a man of peace - as am i - but we all know that there are some elements who need to be controlled for peace to endure.

It would be interesting to see the reaction of KSA Govt. There are a lot of wonderful people in Bangladesh and vast majority of them are good decent human beings ( besides being good Muslims) and we admire and appreciate those Brothers.

I don't know how much you know about the present Govt. of Bangladesh but they are Lowest kind of Scu*bags. They are killing their Muslim leaders and I am sure KSA Govt. is well aware of the history of this present Govt. in Bangladesh.

It would be interesting to see the reaction of KSA to these advances.

Unfortunately I am not very familiar with the situation in Bangladesh 7abibi so I will not comment on it since I simply cannot guess based on no information/very little for my part.

Yes, KSA has had various degrees of relations with the different Bangladeshi governments. But have no doubt that KSA-Pakistan have consulted each other before any Saudi Arabian ties with Bangladesh or India. Mostly it is us that are exporting to those countries (the trade balance is in our favor by a HUGE margin) while we import very little from both those countries. Textiles, rice etc. Those kind of things.

KSA-Pakistani relations are a whole different matter. They transcend nearly everything.

Having said that then I would like for Pakistan and Bangladesh to solve whatever disputes they have since both countries are surrounded by India so they need cooperation and not the opposite since they are already underdogs against the much bigger and more populous India.

Bangladesh is a massive 150 million people nation which is more than 42 years old. It is the third largest and also a Sunni Muslim nation.

Bangladesh does not border Afghanistan or Iran neither it has a military powerful enough or willing enough to send hundreds of thousands of troops to aid Saudi Arabia in any full scale war if requested (Pakistan would do it without thinking twice).

If Bangladesh had any real value, Saudi Arabia would've courted the country way back in the 1980s. To the outside world, Bangladesh is almost like some sort of an Indian-protectorate with no independent policy, influence or any global reach.

Due to political reasons (influenced by Pakistan), Bangladesh cannot get close to Arab Sharif just like Afghanistan cannot under President Hamid Karzai (12-years and counting). However, I expect Bangladesh to get Pakistani blessings as soon as Pakistan brings Taliban back in power in Afghanistan.

Figure out what Deobandi is and what is Tablighi Jama'at and Taliban are within Deobandi, then you will understand. By the time Bangladeshis themselves understand this, they're likely to be facing an Indian military invasion.

Oh Please!

Tell me sincerely, would you be as heartbroken if the Pak government had hanged some JI leaders in your country?

Your avatar indicates that you're a man of peace - as am i - but we all know that there are some elements who need to be controlled for peace to endure.

Pakistani Govt. cannot dare to hang any Muslim Scholar from Jammat e Islami.

Jamaat e Islami is not TALIBAN. They are an ideological Party of Islam.

So you support the Murder of People who disagree with you ?

So much for you being a man of peace.

Bangladesh is the native country of al-Hasani

:lol:

Troll. I have no ties to Bangladesh whatsoever or the remaining South Asia. Not even visited the country. Ask yourself if Hashemites have any ancestral ties to Bangladesh.:cuckoo:

@WebMaster @Aeronaut @Oscar @Jungibaaz

How long will this double user and troll be tolerated? Now he has trolled two threads that I have made in a matter of minutes.

:lol:

Troll. I have no ties to Bangladesh whatsoever or the remaining South Asia. Not even visited the country. Ask yourself if Hashemites have any ancestral ties to Bangladesh.:cuckoo:

@WebMaster @Aeronaut @Oscar @Jungibaaz

How long will this double user and troll be tolerated? Now he has trolled two threads that I have made in a matter of minutes.
I am not double user and I say what I want it's not trolling

Unfortunately I am not very familiar with the situation in Bangladesh 7abibi so I will not comment on it since I simply cannot guess based on no information/very little for my part.

Yes, KSA has had various degrees of relations with the different Bangladeshi governments. But have no doubt that KSA-Pakistan have consulted each other before any Saudi Arabian ties with Bangladesh or India. Mostly it is us that are exporting to those countries (the trade balance is in our favor by a HUGE margin) while we import very little from both those countries. Textiles, rice etc. Those kind of things.

KSA-Pakistani relations are a whole different matter. They transcend nearly everything.

Having said that then I would like for Pakistan and Bangladesh to solve whatever disputes they have since both countries are surrounded by India so they need cooperation and not the opposite since they are already underdogs against the much bigger and more populous India.

Please keep in mind my Brother that Pakistani people don't have issues with ordinary Bangladeshi people.

We love our Bangladeshi Brothers and this is my personal opinion but in my humble opinion most Bangladeshi Brothers are better Muslims than us Pakistanis.

My opposition is ONLY towards this present Govt. in Bangladesh which is targeting our Muslim Brothers in Bangladesh to appease India.

Back
Top Bottom