What's new

'Bangla' is also ours

Status
Not open for further replies.
And most recently they have started to call their soldiers "Shaheed" and got "Shahadat" - words previously no where to be found in "Parmanu Kabootur" Hindi.

I think it is more to do with inferiority complex.

You need some serious learning.

Why India should use only "Hindi" word? It may surprise you but India do not have any official national language.

Why can not we use urdu word when urdu is a variety of hindustani and have its origin in current India?

Tell me which country has the highest number of urdu speaker in the world?

Aren't you guys facing enough problems in Kashmir already?

Or you are interested in creating more conflicts and ultimately end up dividing India into small parts hostile to each other?

Take a light joke as joke only.

Reactions: MKC
Lot of confusion on names now.

Time to annex BDesh, merge with W.B and name it Bangla Pradesh or if they like to call it Bangla Prodesh.

We can bargain and offer Mustafizur Rehman a place in Indian cricket team.
Haha... why not annex Bangladesh? We are waiting..... 2030? 2050? 2060?
You forgot your Lankan bash! We will give you Bangla bash.

It's quite clear that people from a relatively homogeneous countries like Bangladesh have problems understanding diverse, multi ethnic nations. They just don't get it.

Lot of confusion on names now.

Time to annex BDesh, merge with W.B and name it Bangla Pradesh or if they like to call it Bangla Prodesh.

We can bargain and offer Mustafizur Rehman a place in Indian cricket team.
There is only one name for you people- "Malaun".

I guess I sounded too serious.

I knew twas a joke. Sorry mate. I actually wish for a stronger relationship between Bangladesh and India.

Okay bro, take it easy. No point getting worked up so much over an online post.

Reactions: MKC
You need some serious learning.

Why India should use only "Hindi" word? It may surprise you but India do not have any official national language.

Why can not we use urdu word when urdu is a variety of hindustani and have its origin in current India?

Tell me which country has the highest number of urdu speaker in the world?

And I thought "Shaheed" was a Muslim thing, which was ridiculed so much by your media in the beginning.

Once they realized what respect it generates, all of a sudden all your hindu soldiers are also "Shaheed" and received "Shahadat".

And these are Arabic words.

Getting the point?

It is copy cat, which Indians are quite masters at, from Bollywood to normal life.

The land mass east of the Rajmahal Hills right up to and including NE is our traditional / historical homeland. We need to retrieve and re-establish ourselves.

DONT BRAG MY INDIANS FRIENDS. WE SAW YOUR REAL SO CALLED HEROISM IN 1971. DONT TRY TO OPEN ANOTHER HOSTILE FRONT IN THE EAST IN ADDITION TO YOUR NUMEROUS SEPARATISTS MOVEMENTS STARTING FROM I,O,K TO THE THE NORTHEAST.. INSTEAD FOCUS ON WAYS TO REDUCE YOUR POVERTY LEVEL AND LET THE ENTIRE REGION FLOURISH. TIME TO PUT A LEASH ON YOUR
R.A.W SPONSORED TERRORISM.

Yep i'm aware of the history of the region mate.. Was just wondering if Bangladeshi's find it offensive to be called Bengali's and why, Is it because you want to be defined by nationality ?
Why would we find it offensive? We are Bangali, Bangladeshi, East Bengal, East Pakistan, Bangladesh. It's all political name attributed on different time spans. There was even we Bengal people ruled half of India some point. May be to some people it may look offensive cause as you must know how to use those terms properly.
For example, if you call us right now Bangali, to some it may be confusing as then there will be doubts which Bangla you refer?
Even in Mughal period, when Bangla was under independent rule with mutual alliance with Mughals, our rulers used the title "independent" ruler. It's a respective term and that means a lot to us.

And I thought "Shaheed" was a Muslim thing, which was ridiculed so much by your media in the beginning.

Once they realized what respect it generates, all of a sudden all your hindu soldiers are also "Shaheed" and received "Shahadat".

And these are Arabic words.

Getting the point?

It is copy cat, which Indians are quite masters at, from Bollywood to normal life.

Each language use loan words from others and shahid is loaned from arabic which mean who die for fighting for islam.

But a loaned word need not to mean the same in new language. Urdu is a form of "hindustani" dialect and loan many words from sanskrit, devnagri, persian and arabic. The word urdu itself is taken from turkish.

If your intent is to insult, please carry on.

Perhaps someone who has more time will engage you in a tit for tat, but that will not be me. :)

READ POST# 37 CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND THE PSYCHE OF BANGLADESHIS. MY DEAR INDIAN FRIENDS.

Why would we find it offensive? We are Bangali, Bangladeshi, East Bengal, East Pakistan, Bangladesh. It's all political name attributed on different time spans. There was even we Bengal people ruled half of India some point. May be to some people it may look offensive cause as you must know how to use those terms properly.
For example, if you call us right now Bangali, to some it may be confusing as then there will be doubts which Bangla you refer?
Even in Mughal period, when Bangla was under independent rule with mutual alliance with Mughals, our rulers used the title "independent" ruler. It's a respective term and that means a lot to us.

That's exactly why i asked, Bangladeshi or Indian is a nationality, Bengali or Punjabi is an ethnicity or a linguistic group, One can be a Pakistani Punjabi or an Indian Punjabi, Or a Indian Tamil or Sri Lankan Tamil

Few Bangladeshi's i have come across seemed to have an exception to be called Bengali in relative term, I was just wondering if it was indeed considered offensive

In your urge to pass on insult, you considered me a bengali? :lol:

Be more wide - how about calling me "kafir" or even a "dhimmi"?

I guess I sounded too serious.

I knew twas a joke. Sorry mate. I actually wish for a stronger relationship between Bangladesh and India..

No problem, I am chilled.

We always had a stronger relationship which few extremist sections are trying to undone for "you know what" reasons. We respect international bodies while dealing in our issue like land and ocean. India is willing to let go what we have and seldom show any weight.

Perhaps the only thorn sometimes used by these extremist is killing of smugglers by BSF. Work need to be done from both sides to curtails this problem.

No problem, I am chilled.

We always had a stronger relationship which few extremist sections are trying to undone for "you know what" reasons. We respect international bodies while dealing in our issue like land and ocean. India is willing to let go what we have and seldom show any weight.

Perhaps the only thorn sometimes used by these extremist is killing of smugglers by BSF. Work need to be done from both sides to curtails this problem.
Yeah....I good relationship benefits both sides.
Bangladesh has enough internal issues already. No need for a hostile neighbor. Instead of focusing on foreign politics, Bangladesh must remain focused on internal development. India has already some hostile neighbors. It surely doesn't need another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom