What's new

Ban Ki-Moon, UN Secretary General Reveals that he is of Vietnamese descent

VALKRYIE

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mr. Ban Ki-moon has roots in Vietnam
4 hours ago

Ban Ki-Moon is Phan Cơ Văn. He claims his ancestors are Phan Huy Chú from Hà Tĩnh, Việt Nam. He visited Vietnam and wrote something on the historical record books of Phan Huy's family.

151030084101_11218759_650058231763788_6602520871284040818_n.jpg

“Tôi tỏ lòng cung kính sâu sắc khi đến thăm và thể hiện sự kính trọng sâu sắc đến Nhà thờ họ Phan Huy Chú và các thành viên khác của gia đình họ Phan. Cảm ơn vì đã gìn giữ ngôi nhà thờ này. Là một thành viên của họ Phan, nay làm chức Tổng thư ký LHQ, tôi cam kết với chính mình sẽ luôn cố gắng đi theo những lời dạy của tổ tiên.

Ban Ki-moon
Tổng thư ký LHQ"

''"I express deep respect when visiting and expressed deep respect to ancestral temple of Phan Huy Chu and other members of our Phan's family. Thanks for keeping this ancestral temple. As a member of Phan's family, now serves as UN Secretary-General, I promise to myself to always try to follow the teachings of our ancestors."

Ban Ki-moon
UN Secretary-General
(translated)

Ông Ban Ki-moon có gốc gác Việt Nam? - BBC Tiếng Việt

Last edited:
Why Korean elites love to claim Vietnamese herigtage? Before Ban there were a korean president also claim Vietnamese heritage.

4 hours ago

Ban Ki-Moon is Phan Cơ Văn. He claims his ancestors are Phan Huy Chú from Hà Tĩnh, Việt Nam. He visited Vietnam and wrote something on the historical record books of Phan Huy's family.

“Tôi tỏ lòng cung kính sâu sắc khi đến thăm và thể hiện sự kính trọng sâu sắc đến Nhà thờ họ Phan Huy Chú và các thành viên khác của gia đình họ Phan. Cảm ơn vì đã gìn giữ ngôi nhà thờ này. Là một thành viên của họ Phan, nay làm chức Tổng thư ký LHQ, tôi cam kết với chính mình sẽ luôn cố gắng đi theo những lời dạy của tổ tiên.

Ban Ki-moon
Tổng thư ký LHQ"

''"I express deep respect when visiting and expressed deep respect to ancestral temple of Phan Huy Chu and other members of our Phan's family. Thanks for keeping this ancestral temple. As a member of Phan's family, now serves as UN Secretary-General, I promise to myself to always try to follow the teachings of our ancestors."

Ban Ki-moon
UN Secretary-General
(translated)

Well, I guess since Vietnam already had their turn as the Secretary General, candidates afterwards should be of other origins.

Li Sung-man. S.Koren former President is Vietnamese descent.:-)

220px-Rhee_Syng-Man_in_1956.jpg

Thời chống Mỹ, vào cuối thập niên 50 của thế kỷ XX, quan hệ giữa hai Ông Ngô Đình Diệm và Lý Thừa Vãn khá thân thiết. Tháng 9/1957 ông Diệm đi thăm Đại Hàn dân quốc. Đáp lại, tháng 11/1958 ông Vãn đến thăm Việt Nam. Ngày 16/11/1958 trong buổi tiệc chiêu đãi tại dinh Gia Long, ông Vãn nói rằng tổ tiên ông xưa là người Việt. Báo chí Sài Gòn và phương Tây thời đó đưa tin ồn ã, khá giật gân về sự kiện này. Gần nửa thế kỷ qua đi, các nhà nghiên cứu lịch sử ở ta vô tình dửng dưng với nó.

văn học & nghệ thuật

Two Vietnamese princes including their royal subjects came to Korea as refugees, one of them is the famous 이용상(李龍祥) Lee Yongsang (Lý Long Tường) who founded Hwasan Lee clan, and other prince is 이양혼 (李陽焜) Lee Yanghon (Lý Dương Can) who founded the Jeongseon Lee clan.

Vietnamese people in Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lý Long Tường - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fascinating ties with Vietnam
By Choe Chong-dae

Vietnam is an important partner of Korea. With its abundant natural resources and high-quality labor force, Vietnam plays a significant role as a forward base in promoting Korea’s business partnership with other Asian nations.

There are many similarities between Korean and Vietnam in terms of history, tradition, culture, custom, ways of living and ways of thinking. For example, both countries adopted Chinese characters directly from China and created their own distinctive cultural identities based on Chinese characters and Mahayana Buddhism. These similar cultural influences from China resulted in frequent contact between Korea and Vietnam for centuries.

I have been to Hanoi, Ho Chi Min City, Danang, Hue and many more. I have always found these visits very rewarding and pleasurable. What inspired me most during my recent visit to Hanoi was the Statue of Ly Thai-to (974-1028), the founder and first Emperor of Vietnam’s Ly Dynasty (1009-1225).

My interest in Emperor Ly has been sparked by his sixth-generation descendant Ly Long-tuong, who was born in 1174. When the Ly Dynasty was destroyed in 1226, Ly Long-tuong came to the Goryeo Kingdom of Korea as a refugee. He came by boat, and settled successfully on the Korean peninsula with the permission of King Gojong of Goryeo. Prince Ly Longtuong established the “Lee family clan of Hwasan,” in Hwasan, Ongjin County, Hwanghae Province, in the northern part of Korea.

When living in Korea, he devoted himself to protecting the people of Ongjin County against pirates. When Mongolian soldiers attacked Goryeo in 1232 and 1253, he allied with Goryeo King in fighting the Mongolian aggression. When the Mongolian commander sent a gold box with a hidden assassin to the prince as a “gift of peace,” he detected the trick and poured boiling water into the box to kill the assassin and sent the box back.

Consequently, the Mongolian militaries retreated. As a result of the triumph, he was appointed as a Hwasan general. Having earned respect, trust and a lot of goodwill, he peacefully lived in Goryeo of Korea for the rest of his life.

In 1995, representatives of the Hwasan Lee family visited Vietnam. They went to retrace their royal ancestors, to celebrate a historic homecoming and reestablish friendly ties between the two countries. They were warmly welcomed as the return of the “disconnected royal blood” of the Ly Dynasty after 800 years.

The majority of Vietnamese were of course not aware of the fact that the descendants of the Ly Dynasty had been living in Korea. There has been a break in diplomatic relations between our two countries caused by the Vietnam War.

During the Medieval period, relations between Korea and Vietnam continued when envoys of the two countries met in Beijing and exchanged poems which they had written in Chinese characters. In addition, there were occasional indirect contacts between the countries. Vietnamese passenger vessels blown by the typhoon winds sometimes drifted into Korean territorial waters. Korean passenger ships likewise got stranded on Vietnam’s shores. During this period, communication was carried out in written Chinese characters.

It is difficult to think of Vietnam without recalling Ho Chi Min, one of the founding fathers of current Vietnam. He loved and valued “mokminshimseo” (admonitions of governing officials) written by Chung Yak-yong (1762-1836, pen name Da-san), one of the most eminent scholars in Korean history.

Although eight centuries have passed since Prince Ly Long-tuong arrived in Korea, his pioneering spirit of Goryeo Kingdom times still resonates in today’s multicultural society in Korea. The fascinating historical story of the Prince Ly should be invoked to promote better ties between Korea and Vietnam.

It is my hope that the many Vietnamese women who come to marry in Korea will feel as much at home as Prince Ly Long-tuong did 800 years ago.

Choe Chong-dae is a guest columnist of The Korea Times and the president of the Dae-kwang International Co., as well as a director of the Korean-Swedish Association. He can be reached at dkic98@chol.com.

Fascinating ties with Vietnam

Joint Korea-Vietnam Production of HWANG-SUK LY YONG-SANG Announced
by KIM Soo-yeon Dec 01, 2014

yPUnqtAjCHbTQnutpxAM.jpg

LY Yong-sang was a member of the Vietnamese royal LEE clan in the 13th century. LY escaped to Goryeo and became a citizen there when the Jin Dynasty took over Vietnam. At present, LY is the founder of the Hwasan LY clan in Korea. LY came to Korea when the nation was ruled by King Gojong, the 23rd King of the Goryeo Kingdom. LY set foot in Hwasan (present-day Bukhannyeong in Geumcheon-gun of Hwanghae Province) on the Ungjin Peninsula of Korea after sailing on a ship. Gojong took care of LY and his entourage by giving them a house and land. LY’s struggle and defense against the Mongolian Army made LY a hero among people in Goryeo. LY even received a government post for his heroic activities from the king.

Joint Korea-Vietnam Production of HWANG-SUK LY YONG-SANG Announced

Last edited:
4 hours ago

Ban Ki-moon
Tổng thư ký LHQ"

Ban Ki-moon
UN Secretary-General
(translated)

Thanks for information. I don't know why the state media is silent about this news.

This is below handwriting of Mr. Ban Ki Moon when he visited Phan Huy Chu home town.
12108050_10206633254384026_2029903104235298481_n.jpg

It is campared to the handwriting of Mr. Ban Ki Moon in other document of UN.
12187836_926165734143864_1366275775003609296_n.jpg

573_11221461102051594386459054092650394303129647n.jpg

According to research by Dr. Li Xuan Chung, Phan Huy Ích the father of Phan Huy Chú was a foreign diplomat of the late Le dynasty. The Emperor sent him as a envoy along with a delegation to Beijing, China. There he met a female envoy from Goryeo dynasty. Mr. Phan wrote a lot of poetry about her which was stored in Han Nom Research Institute in South Korea.

The Phan or Kwangju clan, 光州 潘 氏 was created. For generations the clan live in the southernmost province of the Korean peninsula. They became progenitor in Marine County (海陽 君) Kwangju province (光州) from the 14th century (1392).

img-1-small480.png

Phan Huy Ích, member of the Tây Sơn embassy to the Chinese Court in 1790.

Phan Huy Ích (chữ Hán: 潘輝益; 1751–1822) was a Vietnamese poet. Phan Huy Ich served two dynasties, both the Le Dynasty then the Tay Son uprising. He was father of Phan Huy Chú (1782–1840) author of Liсh Trieu Hien Chuong Loai Chi (1819).

Last edited:
Base on family tree of Mr. Ban Ki Moon. His ancestor came from China to Korea.

Brother of Mr. Ban Ki Moon in China.
thuc-hu-ve-nguon-goc-to-tien-tong-thu-ky-lhq-ban-ki-moon.jpg

Ông Phan Cơ Tú (giữa) đại diện gia tộc họ Ban Hàn Quốc tới Huỳnh Dương, Hà Nam, Trung Quốc viếng mộ tổ tiên Quý Tôn Công ngày 18/4/2007. Ảnh: Hà Nam Thương báo.

Thực hư về nguồn gốc tổ tiên Tổng thư ký LHQ Ban Ki Moon | Quốc tế | soha.vn

I think Mr. Ban Ki Moon has considered that every people with "Phan" family surname they could shared same ancestor.

Last edited:
Why should Viets feel proud of these Korean guys but ignore they are decendants of Chinese? Was there any famous Viet ruler who was not decendant of families from China?

this proves Viet is superior race spread northward. unlike delusional chinese claim that their sinid crap inject sino gene in Viet. the reality is quiet opposite. to this date, chinese has 1.2 billions and triple oversea chinese compare to viet, however it is viet that created phillip roster, luong xuan viet, ho chi minh, vo nguyen giap, tran hung dao...etc. that chinese cannot have any equivalent. most widely, influency asian leaders are viet. out smart chinese north sinid crap.

Wow!

That was some load of shit, for one comment.

Why should Viets feel proud of these Korean guys but ignore they are decendants of Chinese? Was there any famous Viet ruler who was not decendant of families from China?

They are Vietnamized and no longer Han. Some Chinese don't realize they are descendants of exile royalty, concubines and slaves from many countries; Tibet, Vietnam, India, Central Asia, Mongolia, Korea, etc.

In Tang dynasty, A large trade developed where the native girls of Nam Viet were enslaved and brought north to the Chinese. The Chinese poet Yuan Chen wrote appreciatively of "slave girls of Viet, sleek, of buttery flesh"

Last edited:
Base on family tree of Mr. Ban Ki Moon. His ancestor came from China to Korea.

Brother of Mr. Ban Ki Moon in China.

Ông Phan Cơ Tú (giữa) đại diện gia tộc họ Ban Hàn Quốc tới Huỳnh Dương, Hà Nam, Trung Quốc viếng mộ tổ tiên Quý Tôn Công ngày 18/4/2007. Ảnh: Hà Nam Thương báo.

Thực hư về nguồn gốc tổ tiên Tổng thư ký LHQ Ban Ki Moon | Quốc tế | soha.vn

I think Mr. Ban Ki Moon has considered that every people with "Phan" family surname they could shared same ancestor.

all so is this !

reason Why the state media is silent about this.

They are Vietnamized and no longer Han. Some Chinese don't realize they are descendants of exile royalty, concubines and slaves from many countries; Tibet, Vietnam, India, Central Asia, Mongolia, Korea, etc.

In Tang dynasty, A large trade developed where the native girls of Nam Viet were enslaved and brought north to the Chinese. The Chinese poet Yuan Chen wrote appreciatively of "slave girls of Viet, sleek, of buttery flesh",

In Tang dynasty namviet was still a province of China like US was part of English colonies in 1770s. It's strange that you decendants of Hans claim superiority over Chinese. Don't count Chinese as related to "slave girls of Viet", just type your male genes to see how many of you are actual decendants of migrated Hans. There is a word called "disgrateful". It's what Viet means.

Back
Top Bottom