Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PTI submits resolution against Japanese cartoon in Punjab Assembly

Published: August 3, 2016

1155119-doraemon-1470214421-843-640x480.jpg

Party says cartoons like Doraemon leave a bad impact on children and should be banned. DAILY MOTION SCREENGRAB

In a rather startling move, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf on Wednesday submitted a first of its kind resolution in the Punjab Assembly calling for a ban on famous Japanese anime series Doraemon.

PTI legislator Malik Taimoor Masood urged Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) to impose a ban on Doraemon or limit its airtime as it contains explicit content which has a bad impact on children.

The legislator argued that 24-hour cartoon channels are adversely affecting the educational and physical growth of children. The resolution also claims the language used in cartoons run on channels is damaging societal norms. The resolution will be discussed in the next PA session.

Pakistani company creates animated show for the UAE

Doraemon is a Japanese manga series and is dubbed in Hindi for viewers in Pakistan and India. The anime series revolves around a robotic cat named Doraemon and a young boy Nobita. It is aired on various cartoon channels.

Here’s how people reacted to the news:

The move comes after Ashish Chaturvedi, the whistleblower of India’s biggest education scam, voiced concerns against two of the world’s most famous Japanese cartoon characters – Doraemon and Shin Chan. Chatuvardi feels the adverse psychological impacts of the two Hindi and English dubbed ‘violent’ cartoons are grappling a whole generation of kids across India and the world, according to the Times of India.

Anti-Israel cartoon contest opens in Tehran

Chaturvedi is seeking a ban on the telecast of the two Japanese cartoons as he claims several medial reports highlight mental abuse and other serious adverse impact of these cartoons on kids.

Further, in 2014, Chinese newspapers cautioned their countrymen against Doraemon saying, Beware of this “blue fatty” — the Japanese are exporting their values through him. According to The New York Times, three major newspapers in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan Province, fired accusations against Doraemon for its “political overtones” and being a tool of Japan’s “cultural invasion.”

Pokemon Go a campaign weapon for presidential candidates

Japan’s former foreign minister, Masahiko Komura, appointed Doraemon an “anime ambassador” in 2008 in the hope that the character would deepen the world’s understanding of the country.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1155119/pti-submits-resolution-japanese-cartoon-punjab-assembly/

After reading the facts below, plz tell me if THE CLOWN is still wrong or is right in his move:
http://topictray.com/2015/12/15/how-doraemon-cartoon-is-exploiting-our-children/

lolzz these are emotional points because

1. I daily watch this cartoon with my two-year old NIECE and trust me she learns a alot like language, like having a good laugh, like many words, like a good lesson.

2. The character Novita/Nobita is lazy indeed but he is presented as an example that kids should not be lazy and should do their homeowork.

3. the Doraemon character always advises the kid and ask him not to misuse gadgets.

4. It is shown how one should be dependent on ownself instead of gadgets and how misuse of technology can lead to disaster.

NOTHING wrong with Doraemon.

It is much better than other cartoons telecast daily in Pakistan for example Johnny Bravo is a vulgar character that always run after bikini clad women and sexually harass them. Then there are Indian cartoons like Gaju Bhai the one who is good for nothing and takes credit for things which is not done by him.

Then there is that chota bhem and other Indian religious cartoons.

If these are not affecting the mental and physical progress of our children then how can on earth an innocent simple character like Doraemon?

And yes PTI clowns in Punjab Assembly should focus on something positive

can Mods please merge these two threads.

https://defence.pk/threads/how-pti-...se-faith-in-pak-politics.442518/#post-8532051

1. I daily watch this cartoon with my two-year old NIECE and trust me she learns a alot like language, like having a good laugh, like many words, like a good lesson.
she is two years old and you ere thinking only about her, what about the children of other age like 4 to 8 years.They see nobita crying and always in depressing condition this sort of actions and thinking really has a hard impact on these children.

she is two years old and you there thinking only about her, what about the children of other age like 4 to 8 years.They see nobita crying and always in depressing condition this sort of actions and thinking really has a hard impact on these children.

if a two-year kid can understand the fiction why can't the older kids?

I think it is a paranoia may be some businessmen in the industry who is earning through showing Indian cartoons have been pissed off due to success of Doraemon

lolzz these are emotional points because

2. The character Novita/Nobita is lazy indeed but he is presented as an example that kids should not be lazy and should do their homeowork.

3. the Doraemon character always advises the kid and ask him not to misuse gadgets.

4. It is shown how one should be dependent on ownself instead of gadgets and how misuse of technology can lead to disaster.

NOTHING wrong with Doraemon.

It is much better than other cartoons telecast daily in Pakistan for example Johnny Bravo is a vulgar character that always run after bikini clad women and sexually harass them. Then there are Indian cartoons like Gaju Bhai the one who is good for nothing and takes credit for things which is not done by him.

Then there is that chota bhem and other Indian religious cartoons.

If these are not affecting the mental and physical progress of our children then how can on earth an innocent simple character like Doraemon?

And yes PTI clowns in Punjab Assembly should focus on something positive

can Mods please merge these two threads.

https://defence.pk/threads/how-pti-...se-faith-in-pak-politics.442518/#post-8532051

Am really surprised to see that a 2 years old has developed so much of learning skills from a cartoon like Doremon which is way high the mental capacity of a such toddler rather than from their age appropriate cartoons on likes of Baby Tv etc. If U think Ur kids n kids of your beloved ones aint being spoiled by such cartoons then yes U are very right to raise an objection. Nonetheless its already banned at my place. There are thousand more types of cartoons which instill healthy grooming rather than making kids live in fantasy world. Good Luck.

if a two-year kid can understand the fiction why can't the older kids?

I think it is a paranoia may be some businessmen in the industry who is earning through showing Indian cartoons have been pissed off due to success of Doraemon
my nephew is 8 year old he watches Doraemon, chotta bheam, ben 10, he is now very stubborn and always try to do what the cartoon characters do like jumping, fighting and now he is behaving selfishly..

my nephew is 8 year old he watches Doraemon, chotta bheam, ben 10, he is now very stubborn and always try to do what the cartoon characters do like jumping, fighting and now he is behaving selfishly..

Then why you did not ask for banning Chota Bhem?

Jumping fighting is what kids do anyway . If Batman can be suitable for kids why not innocent robot Doraemon

Am really surprised to see that a 2 years old has developed so much of learning skills from a cartoon like Doremon which is way high the mental capacity of a such toddler rather than from their age appropriate cartoons on likes of Baby Tv etc. If U think Ur kids n kids of your beloved ones aint being spoiled by such cartoons then yes U are very right to raise an objection. Nonetheless its already banned at my place. There are thousand more types of cartoons which instill healthy grooming rather than making kids live in fantasy world. Good Luck.

Doraemon is the most peaceful and healthy cartoon character with clean language than any .
other. MY NIECE has learned many words from Doraemon cartoon.

there are parental locks present, employ those instead of a total ban....dont want to see something then just dont but dont force your choices on others.

there are parental locks present, employ those instead of a total ban....dont want to see something then just dont but dont force your choices on others.

I have found out since ladies miss Indian dramas as the kids insist on watching Doraemon so all the fuss.

If parental locks are weak then why should PEMRA becomes parent of these kids who want to watch Doraemon

Good step..But why only this particular series.... why not bann all other indian and hindi dubbed stuff running all over on our TV screens and brainwashing our kids and waging cultural war on us
this won't make much diffrence..... every single indian and hindi dubbed stuff need to be bann....

Back
Top Bottom