What's new

Ban cheese imports? Pakistan discusses outside-the-box ideas to avoid IMF bailout

We should immediately and

With a population of 220 million people, contact one cell phone manufacturer to setup a plant for total manufacturing (not just assembly) in Pakistan, whoever comes on board gets the full market, ban sales of every other mobile phone, do the same for other electronic items like TV, and household electronics.

My suggestion is almost the same,
only those companies smartphones should be allowed to import for time being, who are willing to setup a manufacturing plant here.

being part of WTO we have to be careful what we ban our exports are already struggling if gooras stop importing from us we are screwed!

Pakistani economic advisors discussed banning imports of luxury cars, smartphones and cheese in a wide-ranging strategy session on how to avoid seeking a bailout from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), a senior government advisor said.

I hope the wise people of the EAC are not ignoring the proverbial 800-lb gorilla of Pakistani imports - energy. Banning cheeses and cars may appear populist, but will not do anything substantive to the basic imbalance caused by a rising energy import bill and falling exports.

Take a good look at the top 5 imports:

TradeSummary.jpg

Last edited:
:cheesy: Cheese is made from Milk we are Top 3 Producers what am I missing here ?
Are we missing the machinery to make Cheese inside Pakistan?

People make cheese with house hold items

We maybe the top three milk producing nation but we don’t have proper infrastructure setup for dairy farm, milk plant, milk storage and milk distribution.

As far as importing cheese, why import it if you can make it at home. Cheese making process is very simple and does not require heavy machinery. It only needs milk, rennet, storage and proper temperature.

Last edited:
Excellent ideas. This will also have the added bonus of promoting domestic industry - make our own cheese, cars and smart phones! I totally support this and am very happy that they consider loans to be the last resort!

It would be interesting to know as to who is the major supplier of Cheese to Pakistan. Holland by any chance? Geert Wilders and his evil cartoons connection! Anyone?

PTI should fire its whole economic council and bring new people. The EAC of PTI is not competent enough.

PTI should fire its whole economic council and bring new people. The EAC of PTI is not competent enough.
Just put an immediate ban on importation of luxury vehicle and taxes of smartphones, it will recoup everybit of money; plus fire all custom officials and replace them with an incorruptible body.

If I read it correctly, in 2015 we ordered cheese worth of 6.5mil ! There are houses around my area worth more then that! Whoes coming up with such non sense? They are expecting to save few millions where we are looking for billions in saving!

It just makes you wonder who is listening to such morons for advice:

“You see how much cheese is coming in this country from abroad,” Khan said. “Market is full of imported cheese. Does this country, which doesn’t have dollars, deserve this, that it is importing cheese?”

Does the phrase "re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" come to mind?

Just put an immediate ban on importation of luxury vehicle and taxes of smartphones, it will recoup everybit of money; plus fire all custom officials and replace them with an incorruptible body.
Why?

The point is these bureaucrats are taking so much pay and they come up with the idea of ban. Wow just wow what an idiot they are. These idiots will slow the economic growth and put many people out of business.
Instead of developing growth policies they come up with the idea of clamping down growth.
I have not seen such bullshit economists in my whole life.
The problem with Pakistan's economy is cheese lol. :omghaha:
These idiots need to understand we are the 3rd biggest produces of milk and they want to ban cheese. Why not produce more cheese?

Back
Top Bottom