What's new

Ban cheese imports? Pakistan discusses outside-the-box ideas to avoid IMF bailout

What they have been waiting for so far?

It has been a couple of weeks since they got elected, but I agree. They got to be swift and decisive. There is no room for error or complacency. Decisions need to be taken thick and fast. Every week or month we need to hear big decisions. Totally transform the landscape.

Last edited:
Nestle is fraud, they charge european prices for products made in Pakistan. When will Pakistan come up with its own Nestle brand.

Bhai I like buffalo cheese on my pizza.. I pay extra 7 dirhams for that.. but sadly, the buffalo cheese that is available here comes from Italy.. BC hum buffalo cheese bhi export nahi karsakay..

Nestle is fraud, they charge european prices for products made in Pakistan. When will Pakistan come up with its own Nestle brand.

Let me put it this way. A lot of Nestle products that are produced at home need to be ditched immediately. Only the bare minimum needs to be imported.

Also start thinking about the health of the masses. Yeh khabees qaum haraam kha kha kar kharaab ho gai he. Coca Cola aur Pepsi bagher khaana hazam nahin hota. Got to change this trend. How much money is going out due to unhealthy beverages? Promote local beverages because we have plenty.

upload_2018-9-10_9-45-56.png

Pakistan kyun Italy ko replace nahi karsakta?

View attachment 497777

Pakistan kyun Italy ko replace nahi karsakta?

Because they dont have the mental capacity. They cannot do anything until someone comes in and guides their hands into the way it should be done. literally they have to have hand holding.

See what did I see. it already started even before the product is anounced.

If it's good for Pakistan then ban smart phones and every other thing.

Because they dont have the mental capacity. They cannot do anything until someone comes in and guides their hands into the way it should be done. literally they have to have hand holding.

See what did I see. it already started even before the product is anounced.

Give them a little time. We have a lot of expectations. Remember that not so long ago you couldn't even think of demanding change in Pakistan. Today everyone is demanding change. That should tell you something. The president just got sworne in yesterday.

I agree with everyone. The new government needs to set the tone early on. Get on with the big decisions and sort out the import debacle ASAP. This is not a big ask at all. Provide local industry more incentives. That will even lure expats and their savings to Pakistan. Change needs to be fast and visible. The window of opportunity is right now!

Short-term strategy.

Cutting expenses is a futil excercise. Pakistan should find ways to increase exports.

Short-term strategy.

Cutting expenses is a futil excercise. Pakistan should find ways to increase exports.

Nothing futile about it. It will save a lot of money. Every dollar counts. Secondly import export disbalance is one of the main reasons why Pakistan is seeking loans. Once this is more balanced local industry can thrive. We can rely on local businesses. Pakistan first also means Pakistani businesses first. Why the fvck should we import stuff that we can either produce at home or get more cheaply elsewhere?

Surely Pakistan is going to focus on export because it has huge potential.

Short-term strategy.

Cutting imports will boost the internal production.. People will buy what they need. It's just they will buy local produce rather than imported things.. and then the competition will increase that will increase the quality of the produce.

Let me put it this way. A lot of Nestle products that are produced at home need to be ditched immediately. Only the bare minimum needs to be imported.

Also start thinking about the health of the masses. Yeh khabees qaum haraam kha kha kar kharaab ho gai he. Coca Cola aur Pepsi bagher khaana hazam nahin hota. Got to change this trend. How much money is going out due to unhealthy beverages? Promote local beverages because we have plenty.

Make imports more and more expensive. Going to IMF every 3 years isn't sustainable. They tend to have their own agenda, usually USA backed. Pakistan cannot have independent policy till it needs IMF.

Make imports more and more expensive. Going to IMF every 3 years isn't sustainable. They tend to have their own agenda, usually USA backed. Pakistan cannot have independent policy till it needs IMF.

A lot of change can be brought by just decreasing imports and stimulating the domestic businesses. It will be two birds and one stone. Not only will the local business thrive, but we will also be addressing the trade deficit.

There needs to be thorough review of every product which is being imported into Pakistan. Put politics aside. We don't have to please anyone. If banning certain products can improve Pak trade deficit it needs to be embraced with open arms.

Cutting imports will boost the internal production.. People will buy what they need. It's just they will buy local produce rather than imported things.. and then the competition will increase that will increase the quality of the produce.

No evidence for that.

Nothing futile about it. It will save a lot of money. Every dollar counts. Secondly import export disbalance is one of the main reasons why Pakistan is seeking loans. Once this is more balanced local industry can thrive. We can rely on local businesses. Pakistan first also means Pakistani businesses first. Why the fvck should we import stuff that we can either produce at home or get more cheaply elsewhere?

Surely Pakistan is going to focus on export because it has huge potential.

Because you want local industry to compete globally and not just in Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar and Islamabad.

Ban Imports of all the luxury items and all other things which are produced in Pakistan.Sugar is surplus ban sugar cane growing for one year and promote oil seeds and tea which will save 3-4 billion as well and Petrolatum and gas from Iran will save at least 1-2 bilion

Back
Top Bottom