What's new

Ban Atif Aslam and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan for being Pakistanis, says Bollywood singer

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
SHARE TWEET
Ban Atif Aslam and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan for being Pakistanis, says Bollywood singer
By IANS
Published: February 18, 2018
304SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1638120-rahat_atif-1518940458-243-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: FILE

1638120-rahat_atif-1518940458-243-160x120.jpg
supriypo_ndtv-1518940359.jpg

MUMBAI: Singer-turned-Indian minister Babul Supriyo says Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan’s voice in a song that features in Bollywood film Welcome To New York, must be removed and dubbed by someone else.

Actor Salman Khan apparently got Arijit Singh’s voice replaced in Tiger Zinda Hai, and he is said to have done it again for Welcome To New York.

supriypo_ndtv-1518940359.jpg

PHOTO: NDTV

Supriyo says he is not able to comprehend the need or desire to cross the border for entertainment content at a time when tensions on the India-Pakistan border have escalated.

“If that’s true, I would request the makers of the film to remove Rahat’s voice and get someone else to dub it! I am also not sure why Atif Aslam got to sing Dil Diya Gallan when for sure our very own Arijit could have done a much better job. The FM stations played the song galore while news channels announced the name of our soldiers martyred by Pakistan-sponsored terrorists,” he said.

Supriyo said India has no problems with either Atif or Rahat.

Supriyo said, “Atif as an artist sounds great in Dil Diya Gallan and Rahat is a great singer too. But it’s important to clarify that our problem is not with the artists Atif or Rahat, but with their Pakistani nationality. It’s not a political stand but probably the families who have lost their sons, brothers, fathers would feel a lot better should the entire country show solidarity in any manner possible.”

Bollywood, says Supriyo, has a national responsibility.

“Bollywood is an integral part of that Indianism. It represents India worldwide, hence banning Pakistani artists in Indian films would have also taken the protest against organised terrorism by the rogue nation, worldwide. And, I very clearly recall that such a promise was made when Ae Dil Hai Mushkil had met protests due to Fawad Khan,” he added.

Supriyo further stated, “It’s pertinent to note that one cannot recall a single Pakistani artist made famous by Bollywood, condemn terror acts by Pakistan. Enough is enough now, ban them for their only crime, that is being a Pakistani. Let we Indians wear our hearts on our sleeves and let our hearts beat in salutation of the sacrifice of our brave hearts.”

Have something to add to the story? Share in the comments below.

Read more: Atif Aslam , Babul Supriyo , Bollywood

Personally if these Pakistanis had any patriotism, they wouldn't go to India to perform.

There are other alternatives like China and Middle East.

LOL at bollywood being an Indian brand. Personally I find bollywood is shit.

Bollywood is no match for Hollywood.

The cultural exchange is above boundry but the respect is difficult while spies are being captured from India operating in Pakistan

And why should Pakistani artists perform in India? India is our enemy due to the Kashmir dispute.

duplicate kumar sanu is newly inspired by nationalism, i see.
he is just jealous.

These guys should feel lucky, they get the likes of Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Atif Aslam in their industry.
.....and u guys should be lucky u get "chunky pandey" from us.....

Personally if these Pakistanis had any patriotism, they wouldn't go to India to perform.

There are other alternatives like China and Middle East.

they dont go them self Indian producers beg them to work as they are the symbol of success and so many Pakistani singers dont even go to India for recordings they record in Pakistan or Dubai. Pakistan artists have worked in Hollywood as well but its all about popularity as Pakistani artists are more popular among Indian youth.

Ofcurs, it's no match,. But hollywood is american and why should any pakistani take pride in it, whom they call their enemies. Desperation makes a person do stupid things.

Most of Hollywood is nonsense too.

For example, take Rambo, American Sniper, Avengers, Transformers, X-Men, Godfather and Star Wars.

The cultural exchange is above boundry but the respect is difficult while spies are being captured from India operating in Pakistan

I understand your feeling but artistes are a natural means of cross-border diplomacy when other means become ineffective.

We should all work towards a unified South Asia.

Most of Hollywood is nonsense too.

For example, take Rambo, American Sniper, Avengers, Transformers, X-Men, Godfather and Star Wars.

I understand your feeling but artistes are a natural means of cross-border diplomacy when other means become ineffective.

We should all work towards a unified South Asia.
Hollywood does produce some good movies. Bollywood is all vulgar and dancing from what I heard.

Bollywood is north Indian movie industry (while popular in whole south asia). That includes Pakistan. Keep politics out of media and cricket.

Back
Top Bottom