What's new

Baithak: Cultures & Colors of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
By that definition which and which 'mirasee' you would like to marry?
I have no probs with hadiqa...shes well hot . :D

Well i have no clue :D

you should ask raza to suggest some Cute looking marasun :p

Back to the theme of this thread..

Introducung Tanolis of Hazara division.
They traditionally live on the western hills of Abbottabad....

The Tanoli (Hindko/Urdu: ﯽﻟﻮﻨﺗ;Pashto: ﻲﻟﻮﻨﺗ) are a tribe inhabiting the Tanawal valley, in the Hazara region of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. Across the Durand line, there are also Tanolis living in Ghazni and Paktia provinces of Afghanistan. There is a controversy whether the Tanolis are Pashtun[2] Afghans or Barlas Turks, because sometimes they are acknowledged as a Barlas Turkic tribe related to the Mongols, who are Pashtunified to an extent and have assimilated many Pashtun cultural features.[3] During the British Raj, the Tanoli, allied with other Pashtuns of the region, participated in the frontier wars c. 1840s against the British. In Charles Allen's analysis of these wars, the Tanolis were described as "extremely hostile" and "brave and hardy and accounted for the best swordsmen in Hazara". [4] Members of the Tanoli tribe mostly inhabit the districts of Haripur, Abbottabad and Mansehra in the Hazara region of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. A branch of the Tanoli tribe also resides in Kashmir, mainly in Muzaffarabad and Srinagar. Some Tanolis are working and settled as far away as Karachi, Lahore and other parts of Pakistan. In Afghanistan, the Tanoli primarily live in the provinces of Ghazni and Paktia, in particular in Gardez.[5] Though today the Tanawal area is part of the Hazara division, in the past the larger portion of it comprised the two semi-independent
native states or principalities of Amb and Phulra, ruled over by Tanoli chiefs of the same family, c 1840s to 1972. Prior to that, the area or 'Ilaqa' of Tanawal had remained an independent territory for long, from c the 14th century to the 19th. [6] The Tanoli may be different from their fellow Pashtuns of Taniwal tribe, who are instead a subgroup of the Khostwal supertribe[7] and inhabit southern parts of Khost Province, primarily Tani District and adjacent villages of neighbouring districts.[8] Tanolies are considered to be of Karlanri origin but through a different super-tribe. History The Tanolis originally lived in Dara Tanal, in the Ghazni region of Afghanistan. In the 10th century, the Tanolis joined the army of the Ghaznavid Emperor Sabuktigin and traveled with them to Hindustan. After the conquests, the Tanolis settled in Swat and Buner, formed their own state and appointed Anwar Khan Tanoli as their first head. But later they came into conflict with the other Afghan tribes who had newly
migrated eastward into the region, most notably the Yusufzai. The Tanolis were defeated under their leader Ameer Khan Tanoli at a battle in Topi. When the Tanolis were ousted, they migrated further eastwards and crossed the Indus River under the command of Mawlawi Muhammad Ibrahim Khan, and succeeded to defeat the Turks settled on the eastern bank of the Indus River, capturing the territory. In 1752, the Tanolis allied with the Afghan Emperor Ahmad Shah Abdali and took part in military conquests, including the Battle of Panipat in 1761, under their chief Zabardast Khan Tanoli who was given the title of "Suba Khan" by Ahmad Shah Baba
for his bravery. In the 18th and early 19th century, two of the main Tanoli clans, the Hindwal and the
Pallal, fell into a feud and had a bitter struggle between them. The Hindwal clan
gradually began to gain ascendancy, and Mir Painda Khan of the Hindwal clan successfully united all Tanolis into one entity, which eventually became the princely
states of Amb and Phulera. The Amb State lasted until 1969, with its primary capital at Darband, and summer capital at Shergarh.[3][9][10] The construction of the Tarbela Dam reservoir in the early 1970s submerged Darband, a capital of the former state of Amb, underwater. ↑Jump back a section Language In most of the Hazara region, the principal language of the Tanolis is Hindkoalthough a significant number retain Pashto as their mother tongue especially in Pashto speaking
regions. Those living in Afghanistan, of course, speak Pashto just as other Pashtuns
do. Tanolis living in other parts of Pakistan have adopted Urdu as an additional language due to its status as the national language as is the case with all other native
ethnicities of Pakistan. Early British Census reports included several variant forms of the name: Taniwal, Tanole, Tanaoli, Tanol, Tol, Tholi, Tahoa, Tarnoli, Tanis, Tanai, Turnouli, Tanawali.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanoli

By that definition which and which 'mirasee' you would like to marry?
I have no probs with hadiqa...shes well hot . :D

And what about churii?

My comments are just to play devil's advocate.

They do not represent my views.

There is no necessity of marrying other ethnicities...
But this should be encouraged and not frowned upon....
Of course Nobody can be forced to do so.
But if this trend catches on,it will unite Pakistanis.

It is the right of every individual family to make their own choice and prefrences in the marraiges. If a peshaweri is marrying kashmiri then no one other than family should be concerned about this interethnic marraige. Similarly no one should criticize afridis or mohamands or any other pashtuns for their prefrences. Pashtuns love their langauge, culture and traditions. They like to marry their children to their own kind, marrying in your own community has far greater advantages then interethnic/interracial marraiges. The exceptions are love marraiges which is blind to langauge, caste, culture, country and religion.

an article about Karlal people of eastern Hazara..Traditionally they live on the mountain to the east of Abbottabad.
If you been to Nathia Gali,Ayyubia and other parts of Galiyaat...you met them,and heard their Paharii hindko :)
Also if you are from Karachi and been to one of those small hotels where you get chai in a small cup and fresh baked roti direct from tandoir...most probsbly the owner is a karlal from eastern Hazara...
Most people from that area work in Karachi since 1950's.

The Karlal (also known as Kard'al, Karaal, Karhral, or Kiraal) are a tribe found in the Abbottabad and Haripur districts of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. The tribe trace their descent from Kallar Shah, who is believed to be an Afghan. In Haripur and Abbottabad, they are known as Sardars because according to some claims, during the time of the Delhi Sultanate (1206–1296) they became the Sardars (meaning leaders) of this area[citation needed]. The majority of the people of the Karlal tribe are Sunni Muslims. Although the Sardari-system is now obsolete, the name prevails due to
extensive usage by local peoples, including other tribes who prefer to refer Karlals as
Sardars. The various purported origins of the Karlal are mentioned both in the census reports of Ibbetson and Rose[citation needed]as well as in the district Gazetteer - compiled during British rule[citation needed]. They are extensively distributed in hilly areas of Abbottabad District known as Gallies or Galyat.They are a Hindko speaking

Salam pakhtun punjabi baluchi sindhi and ksshmiri brothers.

It is the right of every individual family to make their own choice and prefrences in the marraiges. If a peshaweri is marrying kashmiri then no one other than family should be concerned about this interethnic marraige. Similarly no one should criticize afridis or mohamands or any other pashtuns for their prefrences. Pashtuns love their langauge, culture and traditions. They like to marry their children to their own kind, marrying in your own community has far greater advantages then interethnic/interracial marraiges. The exceptions are love marraiges which is blind to langauge, caste, culture, country and religion.

Yes,but that does not make you any better than us or vice versa....and does not give you the right to look down at non pushtoons.

This concept of 'racial purity' hasnt done good,and wont do good.
But cant be changed anytime soon..we will have to wait until Pakistani races mix up with each other propperly...
Even in Karachi..there is Punjab colony,Hazara colony,Pathan colony , and in all those colonies almost all residents are of same ethnicity,and even in a metropolitan city mixing is minimal.

I saw an incident in Kemari Karachi,which happens to be a Pushtoon,Kachi,Baloch majority area..
Two 'Mohajir' girls came to the area i was living. They were door to door sales persons...
It was mid day when a Pathan guy abducted them on gun point and raped them both..
Now now,anybody can commit crime,but what happened next was beyond racist and horrendous..

This Pathan guy released the girls after having his way with them,and the girls were crying their hearts out stood on the street. This rapist guy had the audacity to stand right there and taunt them on getting raped..
Nobody took the girls side,and nobody condemned the rapist guy,because he was pathaan and the area was predominently of pushtoon population,and the raped girls were non pushtoon mohajirs.
Some 'elders' of the area came and shooed the girls away like goats,blaming them of being in the wrong place.. Even they didnt condemn the rapist who was stood right there..
The general notion among the people was that its ok if mohajir girks were raped as mohajirs are 'beghairat' anyway...

Ethnic hate and ethnic divide leads to situations lile this...and worse...

Yes,but that does not make you any better than us or vice versa....and does not give you the right to look down at non pushtoons.

Did i say some thing like that? Apne aap se na jaarr.

Did i say some thing like that? Apne aap se na jaarr.

But cant be changed anytime soon..we will have to wait until Pakistani races mix up with each other propperly...
Even in Karachi..there is Punjab colony,Hazara colony,Pathan colony , and in all those colonies almost all residents are of same ethnicity,and even in a metropolitan city mixing is minimal.

I saw an incident in Kemari Karachi,which happens to be a Pushtoon,Kachi,Baloch majority area..
Two 'Mohajir' girls came to the area i was living. They were door to door sales persons...
It was mid day when a Pathan guy abducted them on gun point and raped them both..
Now now,anybody can commit crime,but what happened next was beyond racist and horrendous..

This Pathan guy released the girls after having his way with them,and the girls were crying their hearts out stood on the street. This rapist guy had the audacity to stand right there and taunt them on getting raped..
Nobody took the girls side,and nobody condemned the rapist guy,because he was pathaan and the area was predominently of pushtoon population,and the raped girls were non pushtoon mohajirs.
Some 'elders' of the area came and shooed the girls away like goats,blaming them of being in the wrong place.. Even they didnt condemn the rapist who was stood right there..
The general notion among the people was that its ok if mohajir girks were raped as mohajirs are 'beghairat' anyway...

Oye bakwas kiye jaa raha he, i have reported you.

Oye bakwas kiye jaa raha he, i have reported you.

Have an opinion about the incident i wrote..
Will be interesting to know...

Like i said,we dont get the chance of duscussing these ground realities in real life...why not on the internet..

Ok marriages aside....lets leave that to personal choice.

But the point being...upto what extent one should stick to one's own ethnicity...???
The incident i wrote was the worst case scenario and wasnt 'Bakwaas'.

I am sorry i cannot be all sweet and sugar when discussing ethnic issues of Pakistan...
I have my point of view and my experiences which i will mention.

You are free to counter argue...

Well thats what happen when you give too much importance and value to your race/ethnicity that you dont see any shortcomings in your race/ethnicity/culture even if its against islamic value and you try to find all faults in others..well most pashtuns in khyber agency felt same about punjabi girls/guys that they are besharam because they dont wear their traditional burqa

Islam is against blind nationalism and obsession with ethnicity/culture but muslims dont give it up..well God will not judge you based on your race, colour, ethnicity,culture, language, traditions etc but only criteria for God is good character and taqwa and then you would not get any discount because you are pastun, muhajir or punjabi

Well thats what happen when you give too much importance and value to your race/ethnicity that you dont see any shortcomings in your race/ethnicity/culture even if its against islamic value and you try to find all faults in others..well most pashtuns in khyber agency felt same about punjabi girls/guys that they are besharam because they dont wear their traditional burqa

Islam is against blind nationalism and obsession with ethnicity/culture but muslims dont give it up..well God will not judge you based on your race, colour, ethnicity,culture, language, traditions etc but only criteria for God is good character and taqwa and then you would not get any discount because you are pastun, muhajir or punjabi

This mindset of 'sticking to your ethnicity no matter what' leads to great evil and the mess we are in.

It leads to Baloch thinking that Pak Army is a Punjabi army out to genocide the Baloch...They dont see that Pak army is not after Balochus,but after BLA terrorists..
They see it from ethnic point of view that BLA is Baloch so being Baloch they are their brothers,no matter if BLA is mass murderers..

This mentality leads to many mehsuds of Waziristan seeing A Punjabi army genociding Mahsoods..
Being ethnic zombies they fail to see that its not Punjabis killing Pushtoons..its a country's army doing their job of safeguarding the country from terrorists...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom