What's new

Bahrain expresses interest in JF-17 Thunder fighter Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.
arab countries expresses interest in JF-17
but they will purchase western aircrafts

Please enlighten us as how their Tejas "evaluation" is going along.
Maybe for the Bharaties, the Bahrain and Aero India are the grand events, but for the rest of the world, they like to showcase their products in Airshows like Farnborough , Paris, Zuhai, Dubai. At the end of the day, its all about Marketing, you like to avail opportunities to showcase your products, and by skipping major world recognized Air shows, you lot are not doing great jobs in projecting Tejas.

Its going better than the FC-1. Aero India is one of worlds largest airshows and that provides us enough platform to showcase our products. Its the likes of those who do not have such a capability go around the world.

Its going better than the FC-1. Aero India is one of worlds largest airshows and that provides us enough platform to showcase our products. Its the likes of those who do not have such a capability go around the world.
Good for you!!! May your programme become a success. We will only be happy when the TEJAs is inducted in large enough numbers in IAF. As I have said before we have a way of developing product with our own limited resources and you have taken a different path. It will eventually become a success. It will be good for Indian aviation industry.
A

Good for you!!! May your programme become a success. We will only be happy when the TEJAs is inducted in large enough numbers in IAF. As I have said before we have a way of developing product with our own limited resources and you have taken a different path. It will eventually become a success. It will be good for Indian aviation industry.
A

Hopefully with the present govt. working on it, the Organizational culture and attitude towards manufacturing and marketing changes.

we offered them al khalid but they purchased from usa

Hi,

From marketing / quality point of view---that is not bad at all---. It is excellent.

It shows that our equipment was capable enough to be considered and compete against the very best---.

Which means that the primary goal has been met. The secondary goal is to learn and find out what their needs and requirements are so that we can modify and upgrade our equipment to a higher standards---.

Now---supposedly---they still don't buy---so big deal---. What you have gained now in your progress to get their order is that your equipment has become technologically more advanced---so you still come out a winner.

Because at the end of the day---the equipment is primarily to be used for the defense of your country---and this process of testing and rejecting has given you a much much better end product---so basically a win win situation.

Does that make sense to you?

Last edited:

How many nations have shown interest in Tejas? How many orders are in pipeline?

America brings its jets to show case in Farnborough and Paris. you think they are fools or you lot are bigger then yanks? I don't want you to act over smart, as there is no need for it, I am just pointing to an obvious flaw in Indian marketing of their product.

How many nations have shown interest in Tejas? How many orders are in pipeline?

America brings its jets to show case in Farnborough and Paris. you think they are fools or you lot are bigger then yanks? I don't want you to act over smart, as there is no need for it, I am just pointing to an obvious flaw in Indian marketing of their product.

The defence industry has to learn from India they are.just wasting lots of time and $$$

Guys listen and learn and you will live
;)
:D

Hi,

From marketing / quality point of view---that is not bad at all---. It is excellent.

It shows that our equipment was capable enough to be considered and compete against the very best---.

Which means that the primary goal has been met. The secondary goal is to learn and find out what their needs and requirements are so that we can modify and upgrade our equipment to a higher standards---.

Now---supposedly---they still don't buy---so big deal---. What you have gained now in your progress to get their order is that your equipment has become technologically more advanced---so you still come out a winner.

Because at the end of the day---the equipment is primarily to be used for the defense of your country---and this process of testing and rejecting has given you a much much better end product---so basically a win win situation.

Does that make sense to you?
Bismillah ir Rahman ar Raheem

Right on, sir. Being able to compete alone is a major accomplishment. The Eurofighter Typhoon had no (export) takers for a long time and it was a fine air-superiority aircraft. The Rafale and Gripen were rejected by almost everybody in the 2000s and they were as good as, or better multi-role platforms than many US frontline fighters.

The M1 Abrams, however, was a case of picking the gold-plated silver bullet (which anyone with too much money is want to do). It has a long logistics and fuel supply train. Even the US Army, with its mighty resources, was over-extended during Desert Storm and if the Iraqis had not run away and had taken advantage of the dust storms and un-seasonal weather sent by Allah, they could have found the M1s sitting ducks (practically) and the Apaches and CAS elements unable to support them due to the weather, all with the grace of Allah.

The US Army won World War II on the backs of cheap to manufacture, vulnerable but light and plentiful, Sherman tanks as well as the old but solid as an oak tree M1 Garand rifles. As a famous general once said (or four different famous generals, if attributions are to be believed): 'It is not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog'.

Thankfully for us, the Americans have forgotten that the forces that triumph have always had the simplest, most rugged equipment that can be procured in numbers and are adaptable to the theater of war. The Pakistan and Turkish armed forces are ones that seem to remember this lesson of history.

The Battle of Agincourt was won by poor, barely armed peasants against French knights stuck in the mud. Salahudin's lightly armored cavalry with light scimitars ran rings around the heavy Roman knights with the broadswords and the heavy lances.

Allah tells us to go forth, respond to the cries of the oppressed, and battle the oppressors, whether we are 'light or heavy'.

Allah keep everyone safe.

EDIT:

Oh, I said Desert Storm by mistake. Meant the 2003 war (whose cynical name I have subconciously suppressed too well, unfortunately). Did not even pick up on it when the respondents rightly brought up that the first-mentioned war was actually a textbook example of maneuver (EDIT: mobility, not maneuver) warfare while remaining within your limitations and budgets. Sorry for the brain freeze everybody.

And, by the way, the M1A2 has some great design features but still too heavy and thirsty.

Hifz u kum Allah

Last edited:

Right on, sir. Being able to compete alone is a major accomplishment. The Eurofighter Typhoon had no (export) takers for a long time and it was a fine air-superiority aircraft. The Rafale and Gripen were rejected by almost everybody in the 2000s and they were as good as, or better multi-role platforms than many US frontline fighters.

The M1 Abrams, however, was a case of picking the gold-plated silver bullet (which anyone with too much money is want to do). It has a long logistics and fuel supply train. Even the US Army, with its mighty resources, was over-extended during Desert Storm and if the Iraqis had not run away and had taken advantage of the dust storms and un-seasonal weather sent by Allah, they could have found the M1s sitting ducks (practically) and the Apaches and CAS elements unable to support them due to the weather, all with the grace of Allah.

The US Army won World War II on the backs of cheap to manufacture, vulnerable but light and plentiful, Sherman tanks as well as the old but solid as an oak tree M1 Garand rifles. As a famous general once said (or four different famous generals, if attributions are to be believed): 'It is not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog'.

Thankfully for us, the Americans have forgotten that the forces that triumph have always had the simplest, most rugged equipment that can be procured in numbers and are adaptable to the theater of war. The Pakistan and Turkish armed forces are ones that seem to remember this lesson of history.

The Battle of Agincourt was won by poor, barely armed peasants against French knights stuck in the mud. Salahudin's lightly armored cavalry with light scimitars ran rings around the heavy Roman knights with the broadswords and the heavy lances.

Allah tells us to go forth, respond to the cries of the oppressed, and battle the oppressors, whether we are 'light or heavy'.

Allah keep everyone safe.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your post---we agree to disagree---. Salahuddin had speed / tactics in his favor---just like the Mongols---.

For the U S---the second WW victory was blunders by the germans by stopping the invasion at the shores of the english channel.

The blunder of the iraqi military was---not going back in time. I totally disagree with your analysis of the iraqi war---.

Even at a 1000 yards the iraqi tank round would not damage the armor of the american tanks---while the americans could obliterate them from 2 to 3 times the distance on the move.

You are a " literate person " and I am just a car salesman---. The writer Lee Child in one of his last books confirmed for me what I had talked about for 25 years and none would believe me or agree with me.

Why the U S military went to war with Iraq---if the berlin wall was up and conflict still on---the americans would have cared less.

But when the wall came down---the power positioning of certain branches of the U S military changed drastically. From being the gods of war one day---the U S military's armored corps was smashed to the ground the next day by the Infantry corps---.

The armored corps generals who walked the earth as if they were gods before the berlin wall came down---moaned like bit-ches when they were told that the era of armor is gone---the threat has disappeared---the armor corps would be folded down and possibly be kept as a token---infantry would take over---.

And then the moron in iraq---saddam Hussein choses to invade kuwait---. You guys are getting smart now---you guessed it right---the generals in the armored corps jumped up---and asked to reclaim their position---that they were granted.

The iraq war was to save the american armored corps----. The U S realized that the world has become even more dangerous.

So---sir---here was the U S armored corps---with its 500 tanks on the western front---trained and trained hard and ready to take on 3000 russian and eastern block tanks if a war broke out---and my apologies to you---and you claim if the iraqis had used the weather they would have turned the things against the americans.

You need to remember one thing----and never ever forget it---the americans also have a God---as do the Indians.

And if you look at the defeats of the muslims for the last 600 years---may Allah forgive me---the muslim God did not appear to save their sorry behinds---.

So---stop this SOB STORY of what Allah tells us---because in reality is---Allah has not been present for reasons better known to the almighty---.

Salahuddin used strategy and tactics under the given circumstances---. Allah just did not show up to declare him victor just like that.

Now as you bring in Allah into the discussion---would that mean that the mongol god was superior to all the other gods they conquered---or the christian god is superior to all the muslim nations they have conquered on plundered---.

I mean to say---proof is in the pudding---when you bring Allah into a war---and your side loses---then does that mean that your Lord is somehow weaker than the other guys god?

Thank you for your reply. You are indeed a very well-read person, more so than I am. I agree with most what you say, specially the tactics and history part. The post was just to re-iterate that the JF-17 and other 'light' equipment are not necessarily going to be bad options in a real war. You fight with what you have, not what you wished you had.

The last sentence was just to remind myself that the fight is what we will be judged on, not whether we won or were wiped off from the face of the Earth.

Great to learn from and be 'scolded' by one of the greats of this forum.

Yours Sincerely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom