What's new

BAF Has Settled for SU-30

who says aits a pipe dream but maintainence is and BAF knows it what if i told you BAF officials were in india two months back to take a overview of this angle and they now are pushing for Mig35 but russians wont sell BAF Mig35 so at most it will be latest version of Mig29 SMT :)

Can you back you up with this two claims with proper source.

1) BAF officials were in India 2 months back to buy russian stuffs.
2) Russia wont sell Mig35 to Bangladesh.

Can you back you up with this two claims with proper source.

1) BAF officials were in India 2 months back to buy russian stuffs.
2) Russia wont sell Mig35 to Bangladesh.
well do you realli think such information comes from so called "proper source" :azn:

have a nice day sirji :D

Bangladesh inducted k-8 and yak-130 which indicates, BD is interested both J-10 and Su-30. I dont think BD will ever go for western weapons due to high price and stringent sanction.

Bangladesh certainly need Mig-29s or J-10s for frontline fighter. But considering the geography of our adversary and the length of our sea boundary we certainly need deep penetration fighter with range like Su-30 or Hornet. Its a requirement not pipe dream.
I hope to see J-10 B and SU-30 in really larger numbers in BAF. Is their any article on BAF decision to go for SU-30 ?

That sounded juvenile. honestly

Well no offense brother :coffee:

But even if I knew (not saying I do or do not) would you expect me to share it in a public forum?

Would your Airforce do it? Highly doubtful.

All your trolling countrymen have created an atmosphere where serious discourse is all but absent.

Hence we carry on with lobbing insults back and forth...instead of serious analysis.

I hope to see J-10 B and SU-30 in really larger numbers in BAF. Is their any article on BAF decision to go for SU-30 ?

The decision is not final yet, so we are relying on whatever whisper comes out of the forums.

But even if I knew (not saying I do or do not) would you expect me to share it in a public forum?

All your trolling countrymen have created an atmosphere where serious discourse is all but absent.

Hence we carry on with lobbing insults back and forth...instead of serious analysis

IS

Hence we e ton with lobbing insults back and forth...instead of serious analysis

Isnt that the idea of a forum- to express your views and be responsive to others?
Bdesh is free to make her choices.But claims need to be backed up with credential, without which you only feed the trolls to badmouth you.
It is after you post something credible, will you attract the correct ppl. Till then,,,,,

fail..!! nothing found about BD is getting Su-30... :P

to all indian members.. if B D is getting Su-30 , What will PM Modi response..? and ur opinion..? bro
The response would be to supply SA 7 and Akash to Myanmar and upgrade our paramilitary to be arm with shoulder fired SAM.

But they would only be possible when they ceased to be our Client State.

Last edited:
who says aits a pipe dream but maintainence is and BAF knows it what if i told you BAF officials were in india two months back to take a overview of this angle and they now are pushing for Mig35 but russians wont sell BAF Mig35 so at most it will be latest version of Mig29 SMT :)

I for one would say you are lying. BAF officials has not consulted IAF. Whilst BD forces maintain professional relationship with Indian forces as a neighbouring nation, there has never been and never will be any engagement when it comes to procurement or strategy.

However you are partially correct in that BAF is now almost certain to purchase more migs.... It is possible that BAF may express interest in Mig35 but given the fairly conservative approach of BAF and funding constraints it is likely to be more mig29-SMT variant.

I do not think Russia would object to selling mig35 to BD.... There is no reason why they should if the price is right.

Given that we have been flying these for a while and BD has developed the logistics and manpower to service migs in-house I fail to see what insight IAF could possibly provide to BAF.

I am not sure how much influence BD got, to get F 22 Raptor or F 18 or f 16.. someone said, we will get surprised to see the amount which ll be collected for these Jets.... why don't someone move this thread to jokes corner...

I am not sure how much influence BD got, to get F 22 Raptor or F 18 or f 16.. someone said, we will get surprised to see the amount which ll be collected for these Jets.... why don't someone move this thread to jokes corner...

Other than illiterate hindutva trolls no one has claimed BD would be getting these.... BD simply can not afford them and some of them are not even for sale....

The tread title is misleading and as usual retards of Indian variety have derailed it.

IS

Isnt that the idea of a forum- to express your views and be responsive to others?
Bdesh is free to make her choices.But claims need to be backed up with credential, without which you only feed the trolls to badmouth you.
It is after you post something credible, will you attract the correct ppl. Till then,,,,,

Well - we don't have confirmed proof yet. That's the bottom line.

But the Forces Goal 2030 which I referred to earlier in the thread - specified a configurable Advanced Jet trainer (AJT) and Air superiority (AS) + ground/maritime strike (GS/MS) platforms which were to be direct follow-ons from the AJT itself. It is almost textbook in its approach.

We now have the choice of the AJT materialized (Yak 130), so it logically follows that whatever the AJT can be configured as (for training) will be the choice for the follow-on AS/GS/MS platforms. This means anything from MiG-29SMT for AS to the Su-30 (or J-11) for GS/MS.

I can hedge my bets on a squadron of the Su-30 at a minimum (unless of course - we have an unlikely collapse of our economy next week/month/year). We need GS/MS capability direly and it is a huge gap in the implementation of our defense doctrine.

According to one report, the MiG-29se version for Bangladesh were to be upgarded to SMT standard and I recall seeing some images of BAF Mig 29's with the SMT hump at Russian/Ukrainian bases before the conflagration started.

According to another report at defenceBD (06/2014), this was finalized (pardon the English, it was probably a junior media writer). At any rate - there may be further augmentation with additional squadrons of MiG-29 SMT.

"Bangladesh Air Force is finally upgrading it's fleet of Mig-29SE into Mig-29SMT standard

Bangladesh Air Force currently operates eight Mig-29SE.

Bangladesh's two neighbours, India and Myanmar each have 69 Mig-29UPG and 31 Mig-29B/C respectively.

India previously offered Bangladesh to upgrade it's Mig-29SE into Mig-29SMT standard. The deal was not finalized.

Currently Myanmar is displaying very aggressive behavior towards Bangladesh as a neighbour. The Govt. in Myanmar fears that Bangladesh may invade Myanmar. They are planning to buy 24 Mig-35 or Su-35 in 2014. USD 1 Billion has been allocated for buying Aircraft in the 2014 budget.

After upgradation to SMT standard, Bangladesh AF MiG-29 aircraft will be able to fire the R-77 BVR Missile. Bangladesh has already purchased a number of R-77 BVR missiles in 2013.

MiG-29SMT main features:
– Modern high precision weapons of "A-S" class are included into the weapons nomenclature. It is provided for the weapons nomenclature enhancement during aircraft life cycle.
– The aircraft is equipped with multifunctional multi-mode pulse-Doppler airborne "Zhuk-ME" radar manufactured by "Fazotron-NIIP" Corporation. The radar is provided with a slot antenna array. As compared with the airborne radar of the previous generation the "Zhuk-ME" has enhanced scanning angles in azimuth, twice increased detection range, less weight and higher reliability. The "Zhuk-ME" radar provides for tracking up to 10 air targets with capability of simultaneous firing of 4 targets with missiles.
– The airborne avionics of the MiG-29SMT aircraft is designed following the principle of open architecture on the basis of a mission computer with the data exchange multiplex channel (bus of MIL STD 1553B standard). It allows to install aboard the aircraft the new systems of Russian or foreign origin at the customer’s request.
– The cockpit data display system includes two new wide-screen MFD-10-6 multifunction color displays and realizes the HOTAS conception.
– INS-GPS navigation system is included into the navigation equipment.
– The aircraft is equipped with in-flight refueling system."

Last edited:
Other than illiterate hindutva trolls no one has claimed BD would be getting these.... BD simply can not afford them and some of them are not even for sale....

The tread title is misleading and as usual retards of Indian variety have derailed it.

well I am Ph.d scholar, not every one in this forum are Hindus... you should check Op's post.. then you will understand.. instead of being stupid.. check his posts..

Bilal,

Are you saying myanmer is still on course to buy futher Russian jets? As has been reported they have purchased the JF17. One assumes that's it.... If they go on to purchase more migs/su whatever that may force an acceleration of the 2030 forces goal.

I really don't see the Burmese as much of a threat.... They have already given up bothering to protect their border with india and we share a minuscule border.

BD won't start anything cause there is nothing to gain but the Burmese are knuckle dragging apes hell bent on murdering their minorities thus very erratic.....

We got a bouncing economy. We manage our money well. We don't squander funds in maha-mega projects like Mars trips etc while half the people are without toilet and live on only one meal. We don't have thousands of farmers committing suicide due hunger. We have plenty of money, and can raise funds beyond your dreams.
Not ever, BD is already a threat to the WW II vintage mercenary colonial military army of Bharat. Our military is the most well equipped and best trained in SA. Let's see how many Divs you can deploy against our eleven? Thirty three. You have only thirty one. And who will protect your ar$$$ in the West and your head in the North?

This report is all over the media. Bd Mily Form covered it couple of months back when it was known BAF pilots were flying these with PLAAF.

"

""Bangladesh Air Force and the ministry of defence announced plans to procure one squadron of Su-30MK2s after the delivery of 16 Yakovlev Yak-130 in 2015.[12]""

Wikipedia

@mb444 read this silly posts by so called professional.... lolz.... I pointed out those jets which BD can't get or can't afford... but this ultimate man didn't agreed with me..

with all deu respect but its gonna be 2 squads of Mig29s and thats it :coffee:

UN-OFFICIAL..............:pop:
Bangladesh Air Force wants Su-30MK2 for maritime strike.
BAF has decided to establish new fighter squadrons comprising of multi role combat aircraft by 2017.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom