What's new

Badminton's new skirt rules cause unease

Trust me, even as a Mod I am baffled when a number of threads, I am actively engaged in, are closed all of a sudden.

This happened recently in the 'Why Islam took a violent turn in Pakistan?' thread and a couple of others.

I suspect that a number of people shoot off their PM's to other mods, admins or the webmaster and they usually get their way.

Seems to me, we have either mods or admin or Someone, playing an essentially, unfair game -- like I said the problem of being unable to take a stand puts the contention that Pakistanis are rather middle of the road types, to a lie. Here we are and we cannot even say things about the forum with confidence, and if we can't, who can??

This fascination with other peoples wives, sisters, mothers daughters - either way, women, and control over them - is just so, silly - I mean, if charity can begin and stay at home, others may be spared having to deal with these kinds of ideas -- We don't allow OUR women to be free and you must not allow it either - and if you do, you may be a _____ -- How ignorant is that?

Don't like a skirt, don't wear it, what is the point of going to the level of mother and sister and wife and daughter?? These people with their village mentality, hoping to make it in the city

muse your father must have been living in a village but i trace to my grand grand parents that they lived in a city all their life... i can assure you that, you feel bad abt some one's sister mother daughter being mentioned, so why dont people like you stop fascinating with someone's mother daughter sister, again i just proved my point... livin in a city does allow, even in a city street people do talk in a degrading manner, those street punks whistling at women are far worse then innocent minded people living in villages

i had a 90s ptv drama set up in mind, in which some street guys aged like 25 had nothing better to do except day and night harrasing the women, one day their started harrassing a veiled women, and they snaped her veil off, they found, it was their sister...

so you tell me i went a low level because i said if men can talk abt other women who can be other's sisters, how does one feel if their sister is being talked abt in the same way by other guys just infront of them, i think everyone has missed my point, i was just trying to tell members to not go into something in which women are being discussed while they are just trying hard to do their job and get their country's respect, how can you too allow such discussion in a defence forum in the first place, is it professional forum or what?? and my discussion is not saner then the discussions you are having??

Why must you relate one woman to being a sister of someone just for the sake of respect?

Should women not be respected just for being a women rather than being some mans sister?

Similarly no one is forcing a woman to wear a skirt, if one does so; she is doing it out of her own free will.

So a comment admiring someone for wearing a skirt is neither an attack nor a snide remark. As for this discussion, this forum has multiple sections and different kinds of topics are discussed here. We never claimed to be limited to defence related matters but even then, people who only want to discuss defence matters only restrict themselves to those sections.

Seems to me, we have either mods or admin or Someone, playing an essentially, unfair game -- like I said the problem of being unable to take a stand puts the contention that Pakistanis are rather middle of the road types, to a lie. Here we are and we cannot even say things about the forum with confidence, and if we can't, who can??

But Pakistanis are middle of the road types, that has been established a long time ago.

You should be aware that a clear of majority of Pakistani's would rather overlook or turn a blind eye to any injustice, tyranny or suppression where religion is being used.

Its simple really, not many have guts in this place.

They are all preparing for the hereafter.

So who one is to blame here

The spectators who r no more interested in watching badminton but those mini skirted girls.
The federation which consider the legs more business worthy that the sport itself.

I also admire girls in skirts,i like it,but if that is the reason that force me to watch this game,still i will have no respect or like for the sport.

Why not wear shorts?

Sir they are already playing in shorts. the new dress code is to replace shorts with Skirts for ONLY females :))))))))))) and the reason they gave is that skirts help in improving their performance than in shorts.

i just want to ask if that is the fact then when the international sports bodies issue once such dress code for male sports player. why men can have better performance in Shorts while women cant??

is there any chance that male players will be asked to wear skirts to boost their performance ? ;)

My personal understanding is that they want to glamorise the sports using women's physical appearance which in personal view is an insult to the females.

stop using us a commodity to boost your business.

Good rule but it wont matter i play badminton and belive me you see more when you play more thank what is shown in skirts

Sir they are already playing in shorts. the new dress code is to replace shorts with Skirts for ONLY females :))))))))))) and the reason they gave is that skirts help in improving their performance than in shorts.

i just want to ask if that is the fact then when the international sports bodies issue once such dress code for male sports player. why men can have better performance in Shorts while women cant??

is there any chance that male players will be asked to wear skirts to boost their performance ? ;)

My personal understanding is that they want to glamorise the sports using women's physical appearance which in personal view is an insult to the females.

Yes that right,sports is about skill,endurance,stamina,determination and hardwork,why cant we respect those girls involved in it for that,hell this is not some fair and lovely commercial.

Well it does help if you wear something loose and short while playing as you jump alot sprint have to bend and strech because when you are picking up a smash shoot you will have to bend down and stretch yourself to get there fast

Well it does help if you wear something loose and short while playing as you jump alot sprint have to bend and strech because when you are picking up a smash shoot you will have to bend down and stretch yourself to get there fast

So does it mean men player should also be wearing skirts ??? :) thats what i am saying

Yes that right,sports is about skill,endurance,stamina,determination and hardwork,why cant we respect those girls involved in it for that,hell this is not some fair and lovely commercial.

Yes infact that is the question. men are trying to enforce their idea of attraction on us be it liberals or conservatives that is the most controversial thing .

praise us for our abilities and our bodies

But Pakistanis are middle of the road types, that has been established a long time ago.

You should be aware that a clear of majority of Pakistani's would rather overlook or turn a blind eye to any injustice, tyranny or suppression where religion is being used.

Its simple really, not many have guts in this place.

They are all preparing for the hereafter.

if u are against pakistanis, go to india, why are you even here witha a pakisani falg, there r many inians who were born in pakistan but migrated to india because they didnt like the pakistani ideals, why are you living with mullahs types, go to india next thing we extremist pakistanis wanna do is to throw you out into arabian see the next time you come to karachi

I think athletes should be allowed to wear what gives the the best comfort during matches. Though when i happen to cross a tennis(and other sports like tennis) match on tv between two ladies, i take a minute to appreciate the fashionable clothing! :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom