What's new

Baba ramdev arrested....supporters attacked

Aren't we digressing from the issue of mishandling and blowing up an issue by the incompetent GoI?

Kapil-Sibal2N_BB.jpg

M_Id_45155_Pranab_Mukherjee_.jpg

Chidambaram.jpg

Aren't we digressing from the issue of mishandling and blowing up an issue by the incompetent GoI?

Kapil-Sibal2N_BB.jpg

I want to slap on that face.... Disgusting look ...............

Ok on topic... it is important that BABA and this episode is not given too much importance in coming days

Yes, and nobody has right to pelt stones and throw chairs.
If baba was in Kashmir, he would have faced bullets, he should thank delhi police.

This was a peaceful, non-violent, democratic gathering which was attacked by a corrupt and brutal regime. This is arguably worse than Kashmir - there is a lady whose spinal cord is smashed in her neck by lathi blows. She is now paralyzed.

Are you not ashamed of being so full of hate?

I find the intolerance being demonstrated here appalling. Actually quite a few of those supporting Baba Ramdev are going overboard in their comments. Anyone not agreeing with them is this, that & the next.......... Hardly a civilised way to debate. Almost taliban like in the intolerance. Not everyone has to like Baba Ramdev - I for instance don't. That is my prerogative. There is no necessity for the extreme opinion to be the only one allowed. The BJP supporters also have to realise that the government (which happens to be the Congress led UPA) was elected; which is the only constitutionally mandated method to determine the wishes of the people. In 3 years time, everyone(including Baba Ramdev) will get their chance. I'm one of those who believe that any individual cannot claim to represent the people of India until that claim has been put to a test through the constitutionally mandated process of an election. The government was well within its rights to end the protest. When faced with an externment order, the preferred method should have been to obey it ( even if temporarily) & fight it out legally. Jumping of a stage & trying to hide is not the method to be taken. Baba Ramdev must also answer why he reached & then reneged on an agreement with the government? Credibilty is an important factor in any negotiation. Once any one believes that you won't keep your word, then other methods will be followed in due course.

This situation had so much promise. Every activist/campaigner must also realise that any elected government can only be pushed so far. Baba Ramdev lost the plot when he reneged on the agreement & said that he would continue with the fast till an ordinance was issued. Pushed his luck too far. Should have stuck to his word & come back again if the government hadn't kept theirs. Anyone making this a BJP v/s congress issue has lost it already. The reason that the congress is in power is because people put them there. A pity that the anti-corruption issue is being divided like this. Anna Hazare knew when to pull the plug, Baba Ramdev did not.

Dude I am not supporting Baba, but I am supporting the cause. Fight against corruption and setting up of Lokpal.
I found some people instead of discussing whether it is fair to allow people peaceful protest and if a raid at midnight was required, they started questioning Baba.

I think you are clutching at straws. The government was waiting for Ramdev to announce that he was calling off the fast since he was supposed to say that the government had agreed to all his demands. The government was willing to give in writing that they were in agreement with Ramdev. Somewhere he decided to up the ante & changed his position to demanding an ordinance. Btw, why is this guy signing "generic" documents? Does he think they are cheques that he can ask for more every single day? He has no credibility left as a negotiating partner. No one can concede anything to him because he will always go back & come with a fresh set of demands. Real immature way of doing stuff that should be dealt with far more seriousness. Ramdev has been badly let down by his advisers.

You are only putting govt version of things .

THE signed document was asked a guarantee addressed to the PM, that he wont elongate of his fast beyond june 6.

Baba singed the document in good faith as govt had agreed in to 99% of his demand , he had said that june 3 itself.

If match dates/event as statements you will know who is saying the truth.

Its a generic document ,established from the fact that govt's own written agreement letter sent to the Baba on 7.30 yesterday mentions addtional things as promises not mentioned in the document Baba signed .How is that possible if there is already an agreement and whats need for the govt make addtional promises ??

:D power of blind faith in babas

We do not have blind faith in Baba's clearly evident with so many people questioning it. On the other hand we are better then people following mullas and becoming suicide bombers for the sake of 72 virgins.

Dude I am not supporting Baba, but I am supporting the cause. Fight against corruption and setting up of Lokpal.
I found some people instead of discussing whether it is fair to allow people peaceful protest and if a raid at midnight was required, they started questioning Baba.

How I wish people understood this simple thought. We are all supporting a cause and that cause is Lokpal and black money. Nobody saying things in favour of Ramdev Baba is a fan of the yogi but we are all interested in the cause. Please separate people from cause. The cause is more important than the people at the fore front.

This was a peaceful, non-violent, democratic gathering which was attacked by a corrupt and brutal regime. This is arguably worse than Kashmir - there is a lady whose spinal cord is smashed in her neck by lathi blows. She is now paralyzed.

Are you not ashamed of being so full of hate?

I am sorry, if that is the case. I did not know that when I made the observation.
I am just asking was there a reason for police action. Was the crowd turning into mob. Let there be investigation.
If police acted without provocation, I will be against that too.

I am sorry, if that is the case. I did not know that when I made the observation.
I am just asking was there a reason for police action. Was the crowd turning into mob. Let there be investigation.
If police acted without provocation, I will be against that too.

Who will investigate Sheila Dixit?? Chor ka investigation by daaku

Not necessary that you have to criticise the Congress as some sort of a membership acceptance ritual. The Congress is there because it was voted in, the only way it can be removed is when it is voted out. Corruption is not just a congress phenomenon. The BJP is plenty corrupt, ask anyone in Karnataka. Once you make it a diatribe against your pet peeve (congress, Sonia Gandhi, Rahul, Digvijay...etc), you reduce the debate to a farce. The BJP was in power for nearly 6 years, why wasn't a Lok pal bill introduced, why wasn't the black money brought back after calling it national property or whatever..? Silly to make this a BJP v/s congress issue. You are welcome to criticise the congress or whoever you choose, it is equally the prerogative of others to make their own choices.

Two people wrong does not make it right, I am not supporting BJP here, so not sure why people are brining in BJP. All we are saying is congress is trying to supress a demand to bring back black money and they are not serious about tackling corruption. Since Congress is in power we are discussing what they are doing. If tomorrow BJP does the same, we will discuss BJP.

Where the hell is MMS? i didnt hear anything from him....where is he hiding?

Ja8PR.jpg

You need to trust your institution. A judge can investigate, why Sheila Dixit.

Are bhai ye whole drama hi to isiliye hai ... Because we dont have faith in our institutions movemets such as these are started ... not justifying baba but justifying the cause

How are they prejudiced opinions, I only said what came in media. I didn't even call the baba fraud or anything, I think he is good yoga guru but believe constitution can't amended at baba's whim.

I also don't believe homo sexuality is a disease and aids can be cured by yoga!

The discussion is not about Baba Ramdev, but about his fight against corruption. Why you are trying to divert the topic. Also, it is not necessary that all his demands are right, the main point here is that government did not handled the situation well. Also, they seems to be siding with the corrupt.

The discussion is not about Baba Ramdev, but about his fight against corruption. Why you are trying to divert the topic. Also, it is not necessary that all his demands are right, the main point here is that government did not handled the situation well. Also, they seems to be siding with the corrupt.

Yes govt handling was poor and issue is justified,i do admit.
But babu gets nothing from me.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom