What's new

Azharuddin cleared of charges, welcomed back into the Indian team

Yeah I just read that myself, with vsdoc's post above. My bad on that one. But lots of other news channels copy pasted the same :).

I did... Mentioned as a cliffnote!

Take care my friend...

Asim the BCCI screwed up.

Not by banning Azhar.

But not doing it right.

Do not read anything else into "BCCI screwed up."

rajiv shukla and azhar... both are congressi...enough said.

Asim the BCCI screwed up.

Not by banning Azhar.

But not doing it right.

Do not read anything else into "BCCI screwed up."

BCCI is yet to make the call - Lets see if it appeals this decision. Satirical article aside, it was quite on the money, as far as I'm concerned. Hanse Cronje's allegation was not enough to hang Azhar.

The ordeal of things related to Azhar is purely Indian internal matters. He was banned by BCCI along with some others because prima facie evidence was against him. After he cleared his name in court BCCI revoked the ban. Not sure why so much brouhaha has been made about issue.

BCCI is yet to make the call - Lets see if it appeals this decision. Satirical article aside, it was quite on the money, as far as I'm concerned. Hanse Cronje's allegation was not enough to hang Azhar.

I am not interested in arguing the legalese of this bro.

I am a simple man. But I have a right to my opinion.

And I love sports.

I used to like Azhar.

I was as disillusioned with him as I am now with Lance Armstrong.

All you guys "musla" and other BS is simply crap.

did court absolve him from match fixing ?

It overturned the original decision which said he was involved in match fixing.

The ordeal of things related to Azhar is purely Indian internal matters. He was banned by BCCI along with some others because prima facie evidence was against him. After he cleared his name in court BCCI revoked the ban. Not sure why so much brouhaha has been made about issue.

Common decency is to at least make some show of support who has now been determined to be clean but got a lot of crap. 12 years of abuse is a lot and if I can do my part in being supportive, then why not?

well what he did he paid for it by loosing his 17 year old son in a mobike crash but still if u guys want to make a point go ahed who cares :coffee:

so much for Muslim appeasment :hitwall:

Guru you have finally succumbed to the divisional hate?-:disagree:-

Ignorant fool...even Azharuddin is a sitting Member of Parliament(MP) from Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh

whats up with the match fixers and your parliament?-

It overturned the original decision which said he was involved in match fixing.

Common decency is to at least make some show of support who has now been determined to be clean but got a lot of crap. 12 years of abuse is a lot and if I can do my part in being supportive, then why not?

Well it's hard to change perception of people once you are tainted. Jadeja was also absolved by Delhi High Court in 2003 but never made it back to team even after having high level political connection.

I am not interested in arguing the legalese of this bro.

I am a simple man. But I have a right to my opinion.

And I love sports.

I used to like Azhar.

I was as disillusioned with him as I am now with Lance Armstrong.

All you guys "musla" and other BS is simply crap.

Let me point to you one fact - MK Gupta whose testimony point to paying 5 million rupees to Azharuddin, could not remember how many matches Azhar fixed for him.

Also the match that he remembered Azhar agreed to 'do' - turned out was won by India and several other information that he claims was passed by Azhar was incorrect.

Let me point to you one fact - MK Gupta whose testimony point to paying 5 million rupees to Azharuddin, could not remember how many matches Azhar fixed for him.

Also the match that he remembered Azhar agreed to 'do' - turned out was won by India and several other information that he claims was passed by Azhar was incorrect.

Hasie Cronje's testimonial and delhi police investigation which busted the nexus can't be neglected. and court didn't absolve him from match fixing

Most of the matches won at the time were because of Sachin..

Unless Hanse Cronje provided clear evidence of Azhar's involvement, that really wasn't enough.

Doesn't matter, there was a "mea culpa" by Cronje involved. It was just the last piece of evidence in a very long line of suspicious behaviour. I remember Gavaskar making the comment that "Azharuddin might have run himself out of the Indian team" once. Are you arguing for him only because he happens to be Muslim? Sad if you are.

Doesn't matter, there was a "mea culpa" by Cronje involved. It was just the last piece of evidence in a very long line of suspicious behaviour. I remember Gavaskar making the comment that "Azharuddin might have run himself out of the Indian team" once. Are you arguing for him only because he happens to be Muslim? Sad if you are.

No because recently on this forum he was lamented heavily by vsdoc - who for the most part I respect and accepted his allegation without protest.

My Muslimness has nothing to do with it, except for the fact that Islam teaches that if you see something wrong - first stop it, if not then speak against it, if you still can't - then think against it.

Now that hes been cleared and was lamented in my presence - I have to do my due dilligence and at least speak up against it since.

No because recently on this forum he was lamented heavily by vsdoc - who for the most part I respect and accepted his allegation without protest.

My Muslimness has nothing to do with it, except for the fact that Islam teaches that if you see something wrong - first stop it, if not then speak against it, if you still can't - then think against it.

Now that hes been cleared and was lamented in my presence - I have to do my due dilligence and at least speak up against it since.

Ya but do you honestly believe Azhar was clean?

Back
Top Bottom