What's new

Azerbaijan, Pakistan hold military co-op meeting

You want an AESA + IRST with Thunder ??? No problem !!!

You want a retractable IFR probe and Full FBW system ??? you got it !!!

So what else can Gripen provide which we're unable to ???
Dude, there have been multiple discussions about this subject in the forum, such as this one:
Arguments of choosing JF-17 Thunder over JAS-39 Gripen
Anyway, JF-17 has many fans in this forum, and I don't want the thread to turn into a JF-17 vs Grippen thread. So, lets agree to disagree at this point ;)

dear are yu suggesting JF-17 or Impossing it .... :what:
Call it Aggressive marketing 8-)

That's how it's done. kuch lo aur kuch dou

We Pakistanis are too nice for our own good.

Really ???

LMAO :rofl::rofl:

Plz enlighten me, what's your Military Budget ???
higher than yours

I don't see any reason here to mock us.
It was more than 4.4 billion dollars in 2012, but it can increase easily if the Azerbaijan wants to sign a big purchase deal, because we have oil, gas and other money resources. BTW, military budget of your country is 6.4 billion dollars which most of it is spent for paying salaries. So, I guess, our budget is not less than yours in buying equipments. BTW, Azerbaijan does not need to counter a big country like India, so we won't need too many aircrafts. A less number of more advanced ones, suits our needs.
BTW, @Azeri440 , What is your opinion about Rafael, F-16, and F-18? I think based on France relations with Armenia, Rafael would not be a good choice, though.

way too expensive
Gripen costs about $60 mil which is a pretty good price for a fighter these days

way too expensive
Gripen costs about $60 mil which is a pretty good price for a fighter these days
I am not sure if you have been aware of it or not, but recently brazilian airforce chose Grippen between Grippen, Rafael, and F-18. They did a very long study on these three air crafts, and finally I think Sweden has agreed to help them with ToT as well while France didn't, and they purchase Grippen with a much less price than Rafael. I think it would be very good, if Azerbaijan air force could sign such a deal with Saab as well.
Brazil Picks Sweden's Gripen For Its Air Force | Defense News | defensenews.com

@rmi5 I believe the reason Brazil choose Gripen is purely economical because their economy is slowing down and their currency losing value since two years now.

@rmi5 I believe the reason Brazil choose Gripen is purely economical their economy is slowing and their currency losing value since two years now.
There were multiple factors involved. France didn't agree to help them in ToT, while Saab agreed to help them a lot in ToT. BTW, Grippen is a swedish air craft by name, but if you see the list of contributing countries in the project, you may say that it has american technology, and I believe in american technology more than french technology, as it proved so in Iran-Iraq war and between F-14s and mirages ;)
Rafael is a very good air craft, I have no doubt in it, but based on the France support for Armenia, I am not sure even if they agree to sell it to Azerbaijan, and even if they agree so, we would be dependent on them.
In addition the very high price of Rafael is an issue as well. Consider that buying 100 Rafael, and the required trainings and required AA missiles and ... would cost around 10-12 billion dollars I guess, while it would be at least 2-3 billion dollar cheaper for the same number of Grippen.

-----------------------------------------------------

@Armstrong
By your jokings aside, I don't recognize Armenia. Even if they agree to get out of NK, the Armenia has still occupied the land that they claim it as their own country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom