What's new

Azerbaijan, Pakistan hold military co-op meeting

Gryphon

Reaction score
11 FEBRUARY 2014

Azerbaijan_Pakistan_flags_Album_010512.jpg

By Sara Rajabova

Defense ministries of Azerbaijan and Pakistan held a meeting in Islamabad to define priorities of the military-technical cooperation in 2014, Azerbaijani Ambassador to Pakistan Dashgin Shikarov told Trend Agency on February 11.

The event was held within the framework of the fifth meeting of the working group of Azerbaijan and Pakistan defense ministries.

Azerbaijani delegation led by head of the International Cooperation Department under the Defense Ministry, Major General Ramiz Najafov visited Pakistan to attend the meeting.

Shikarov said a number of agreements are to be signed following the talks, which take place according to the plan of cooperation. :woot:

The military cooperation is one of the main components of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Pakistan. The countries signed a defense agreement in 2013. Later, the naval forces of both countries held consultations on military-technical issues.

Pakistan was among of the first countries that recognized the independence of Azerbaijan on December 12, 1991. The diplomatic relations between the two countries were established on June 9, 1992. The Pakistan Embassy to Azerbaijan was opened on March 12, 1993.

Azerbaijani Embassy to Pakistan was opened on August 24, 1997.

Pakistan and Azerbaijan enjoy good relations in various spheres. Pakistan supported Azerbaijan during and after the Nagorno-Karabakh War and it is the only country that does not recognize Armenia.

Azerbaijan, Pakistan hold military co-op meeting - AzerNews

I hope not

although JF-17 is a good fighter , Azerbaijan can afford better
There are rumors/news about Azerbaijan interests in thunder for a while. Why not thunder and what are possible better alternatives over thunder you think?

There are rumors/news about Azerbaijan interests in thunder for a while. Why not thunder and what are possible better alternatives over thunder you think?

Azerbaijan was just listed as a potential buyer along with many other countries
the actual news that Azerbaijan showed interest are fake

and Gripen is a better alternative

Gripen price is 40-60 million per plane unless im mistaken,

with the weapons package and improvements that JF-17 Block 2 is getting, Azerbijan can get double the amount of planes for the same price, with an array of weapons available from a friendly state..

Really ???
LMAO :rofl::rofl:
Plz enlighten me, what's your Military Budget ???
I don't see any reason here to mock us.
It was more than 4.4 billion dollars in 2012, but it can increase easily if the Azerbaijan wants to sign a big purchase deal, because we have oil, gas and other money resources. BTW, military budget of your country is 6.4 billion dollars which most of it is spent for paying salaries. So, I guess, our budget is not less than yours in buying equipments. BTW, Azerbaijan does not need to counter a big country like India, so we won't need too many aircrafts. A less number of more advanced ones, suits our needs.
BTW, @Azeri440 , What is your opinion about Rafael, F-16, and F-18? I think based on France relations with Armenia, Rafael would not be a good choice, though.

I don't see any reason here to mock us.
It was more than 4.4 billion dollars in 2012, but it can increase easily if the Azerbaijan wants to sign a big purchase deal, because we have oil, gas and other money resources. BTW, military budget of your country is 6.4 billion dollars which most of it is spent for paying salaries. So, I guess, our budget is not less than yours in buying equipments. BTW, Azerbaijan does not need to counter a big country like India, so we won't need too many aircrafts. A less number of more advanced ones, suits our needs.
BTW, @Azeri440 , What is your opinion about Rafael, F-16, and F-18? I think based on France relations with Armenia, Rafael would not be a good choice, though.
Plz don't get your figures from wiki.

Pakistan's Military spending in 2013 was well above $10 billion. this doesn't include funds for our nuclear program.

Nobody is mocking you. If you need Pakistan's support then you better choose our Thunders over the Gripens.

We will provide you with a much better Package + Fighter than the Swedes.

Plz don't get your figures from wiki.

Pakistan's Military spending in 2013 was well above $10 billion. this doesn't include funds for our nuclear program.

Nobody is mocking you. If you need Pakistan's support then you better choose our Thunders over the Gripens.

We will provide you with a much better Package + Fighter than the Swedes.

Dude, Pakistan is one of the most friendly nations about Azerbaijan, and we do appreciate it. Anyway, as I told you before, our case is different from yours. you need to have lots of aircrafts to be able to counter India. but our enemies are different, and they have much smaller number of aircrafts which are not the state of the art, and Azerbaijani army has less human resources than your country. So, we need to choose quality over quantity here. That's why I think a less number of more advanced aircraft, would be better for us than a higher number of less advanced aircraft ;)

Dude, Pakistan is one of the most friendly nations about Azerbaijan, and we do appreciate it. Anyway, as I told you before, our case is different from yours. you need to have lots of aircrafts to be able to counter India. but our enemies are different, and they have much smaller number of aircrafts which are not the state of the art, and Azerbaijani army has less human resources than your country. So, we need to choose quality over quantity here. That's why I think a less number of more advanced aircraft, would be better for us than a higher number of less advanced aircraft ;)
You want an AESA + IRST with Thunder ??? No problem !!!

You want a retractable IFR probe and Full FBW system ??? you got it !!!

So what else can Gripen provide which we're unable to ???

Back
Top Bottom