What's new

Azad Kashmir

My native place @Karan Gulati
115279231_04d79b5009_b.jpg
Very beautiful. Where is it?

OMG... How beautiful other side of my kashmir is!!! Met my AJK brothers on Internet, alas! they don't want to be with us
I have heard from some of ur ajk brothers they want to be with you.

Out of the 5 different areas in the Dogra Kashmir, Azad Kashmir and the valley constituted as one single part known as the vale, or the "real Kashmir" as you put it. They were always together since ancient times and made up the state of Kashmir. Much the same way the land of Skardu is far larger and includes a lot more than just the Skardu valley. This is why Azad Kashmir was given separate status than Gilgit and Baltistan, it was a part of the vale.

Hahahahaha....!
What were the names of those five regions under dogra rule?

I just know there used to be very easy movement between areas of ajk ,kashmir valley and jammu before kashmir war cut the region into two parts. Its similar to travelling between nearby towns of pakistan. Always makes me feel weird when i think of it now when i look at loc and how both the sides seem to be at millionnnnnnnnnn of miles of distance from each other.

As of mirpur amd poonch (rawalakot bagh ) region being or not being part of vale,offlately i have read some varying historical accounts on them where some include them and some dont. I never get it.

What were the names of those five regions under dogra rule?

I just know there used to be very easy movement between areas of ajk ,kashmir valley and jammu before kashmir war cut the region into two parts. Its similar to travelling between nearby towns of pakistan. Always makes me feel weird when i think of it now when i look at loc and how both the sides seem to be at millionnnnnnnnnn of miles of distance from each other.

Loosely Gilgit, Baltistan, Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir. These regions were further divided for example the State of Hunza with its own Mir in the region of Gilgit.

It would be more analogous to travelling between towns in GB today. The terrain still made it difficult for transit, but I understand your point. The LOC has crossings which when the Indian administration isn't to its usual antics are open and people from both sides can cross for business or personal matters.

As of mirpur amd poonch (rawalakot bagh ) region being or not being part of vale,offlately i have read some varying historical accounts on them where some include them and some dont. I never get it.

He was talking strictly geographically, by which Neelum wouldn't be a part of Kashmir.[/QUOTE]

It would be more analogous to travelling between towns in GB today. The terrain still made it difficult for transit, but I understand your point. The LOC has crossings which when the Indian administration isn't to its usual antics are open and people from both sides can cross for business or personal matters.

By millions of miles i said that figuratively. The movement would be like any normal town if india stops showing her sick attitude.
And as of travelling between towns...i dont know, my family elder had shared with me so ishared it here. I dont know transit was difficult or not...ummm i just knew that ppl would visit other towns or part of states.,,which sounds so dreamlike tbh given how the region has become now :`-(
He was talking strictly geographically, by which Neelum wouldn't be a part of Kashmir.

No i wasnt saying this. He was talking abt vale , that iknow. But imeant as u said that the name kashmir region was entire azad kashmir including vale...... this is what ihad read different accounts on. Ihad read the lower half of ajk was part of jammu and upper half was kashmir. Then someone told me a new version that there was a poonch jagir which included muzafrabad,neelum rawlakot bagh etc...dont know abt lower regions tho. So its all very confusing for me.

By millions of miles i said that figuratively. The movement would be like any normal town if india stops showing her sick attitude.
And as of travelling between towns...i dont know, my family elder had shared with me so ishared it here. I dont know transit was difficult or not...ummm i just knew that ppl would visit other towns or part of states.,,which sounds so dreamlike tbh given how the region has become now :`-(

Yea, my grandparents used to frequent Lahore from Srinagar often because of my Grandad's business, until they decided to just settle here.

No i wasnt saying this. He was talking abt vale , that iknow. But imeant as u said that the name kashmir region was entire azad kashmir including vale...... this is what ihad read different accounts on. Ihad read the lower half of ajk was part of jammu and upper half was kashmir. Then someone told me a new version that there was a poonch jagir which included muzafrabad,neelum rawlakot bagh etc...dont know abt lower regions tho. So its all very confusing for me.

Correct, the southern AJK is a part of Jammu, hence the full name Azad Jammu and Kashmir. The Poonch Jagir, I'm pretty sure, was another example of administrative division instead of regional division. There were hundreds of such examples being created and then vanishing over the course of history. The example of the State of Hunza that I gave was also exactly that.

........................................................................................

hamlet-village-neelam-valley

helmet-village-neelam-vally-azad-kashmir-pakistan.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom