What's new

Average salaries for Pakistani/Indian MBA

From what I hear, you primarily need great contacts to set you up with a cushy job in the Middle East. A non-technical degree like an MBA means squat out there.

If you are doing MBA from any of the following B school in India, your avg salary will lie b/w INR 14 to 20 lac and highest salary b/w INR 50 lac to 1.5 cr.

GOVT.

1. Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-A (Ahmedabad)
2. Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-B (Bangalore)
3. Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-C (Calcutta)
4. Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-L (Lucknow)
5. Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-I (Indore)
6. Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-K (Kozhikdoe)
7. Management Development Institute MDI (Gurgaon)
8. Faculty of Management Studies Delhi Univ. FMS (New Delhi)
9. Jamnalal Bajaj Institute (Mumbai)
10. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade IIFT (New Delhi)

PVT

1. XLRI (Jamshedpur)
2. S.P. Jain Institute (Mumbai)
3. MICA (Ahmedabad)
4. Symbiosis Institute (Pune)
5. IMT (Ghaziabad)
6. Narsee Monjee (Mumbai)
7. ICFAI Business School (Hyderabad)
8. XIM (Bhubaneshwar)
9. Welingkar Institute (Mumbai)
10. IMI (New Delhi)

In Pakistan almost all top business schools lies in pvt category , so one has to bear hefty expenses in order to study in them

If you are doing MBA from any of the following B school in India, your avg salary will lie b/w INR 14 to 20 lac and highest salary b/w INR 50 lac to 1.5 cr.

GOVT.

PVT

1. XLRI (Jamshedpur)
3. MICA (Ahmedabad)
5. IMT (Ghaziabad)
8. XIM (Bhubaneshwar)
10. IMI (New Delhi)

is this per month?

I have gone through the same education system and work experience in India as probably you have too. Do not confuse talent with skills, unless you have the training you will lack skills.

I will give you a simple example, I use a Bloomberg terminal that costs about $120,000 a year for One terminal. Never have I seen a school offering training on such advanced product in India simply because of the prohibitive costs, which do make sense considering the low cost of education in India.

Now, if you were a manager looking to hire somebody who will need knowledge of the said tool, will you hire a recent undergrad from India on whom he has to spend atleast 3 months of training and certifications; or a recent undergrad from a mid-tier school in US who spent two semesters doing several projects on bloomberg, and has a bunch of certifications proving his mastery of the tool?

And I said the same thing.

Since you've brought up the topic of Bloomberg I will give an analogy to support what I said. Agreed it takes skill to wield the tool. But within India companies take undergrads from IIT's who are trained to be engineers and put them at par with MBA's from average B -Schools in both India and abroad. I've seen DB offering this position to a friend from IIT Bombay. He now works out of Singapore.That's not what I am comparing.

I'm comparing 2 candidates from 2 countries being screened for the same job. If both clear the same pre-requisites, ideally their salaries should be similar. Unfortunately it's not.

hmmm thanks for the info but

anyidea how is the procedure for interview/ appointment letter & how much time will it take?
Can't help you there mate. Sorry :).

I think it explains everything, its the top and most reputed ranking in the world and it alos have salary figures

photo.cms

Actually a lot of rich Middle Eastern countries give salaries based on nationalities. Usually the rule of thumb is to double the salary of a worker holding a Western passport compared to that of 3rd world country. I have seen it with my own eyes; people immigrating to Canada, getting passport and moving back having their salaries doubled. I know its a weird logic, but well this is what you should expect from Middle East.

Depends what your work experience is and from which school you have completed your MBA. An MBA graduate of IBA or LUMS is likely to grab a much better salary package compared to an MBA graduate from Preston or some other unknown university.

yes you are right

that female friend (don't remember name) of shashi tharoor never received bad treatment in ME after she got Canadian passport

Actually a lot of rich Middle Eastern countries give salaries based on nationalities. Usually the rule of thumb is to double the salary of a worker holding a Western passport compared to that of 3rd world country. I have seen it with my own eyes; people immigrating to Canada, getting passport and moving back having their salaries doubled. I know its a weird logic, but well this is what you should expect from Middle East.

Depends what your work experience is and from which school you have completed your MBA. An MBA graduate of IBA or LUMS is likely to grab a much better salary package compared to an MBA graduate from Preston or some other unknown university.

What you say is True.

But I know a person who graduated from Preston University worked with Ufone on a 200,000/- salary before that with another private Company and now he is working in Duabi on a big salary that is mind boggling for me. There is another guy in Canada who graduated from Preston University and is working with IBM's branch in Western Canada for some $3000 not much but still good enough.

From what I hear, you primarily need great contacts to set you up with a cushy job in the Middle East. A non-technical degree like an MBA means squat out there.

Thats true..ME as a whole is Engineer/technical friendly. There are a lot of openings for technical graduates and diploma holders.

GOVT.

PVT

1. XLRI (Jamshedpur)
3. MICA (Ahmedabad)
5. IMT (Ghaziabad)
8. XIM (Bhubaneshwar)
10. IMI (New Delhi)

Well Indian School of Business in Hyderabad and Mohali should be in that list , while ICFAI should not, you should read comments of its students for further info
Also IMI New Delhi is relatively new B.School , infact I would also rank Amity International Business School Noida ahead of Narsee Monjee and Welingkar Institute in Mumbai

What you say is True.

But I know a person who graduated from Preston University worked with Ufone on a 200,000/- salary before that with another private Company and now he is working in Duabi on a big salary that is mind boggling for me. There is another guy in Canada who graduated from Preston University and is working with IBM's branch in Western Canada for some $3000 not much but still good enough.

Well as far as i know Preston university is not the best in Pakistan, but still if he is getting such salary then he may have a good combination of skills and luck

I have got MBA from Cardiff wales and i am still struggling to find a decent package. It is not easy to get a good package without three or four years experience in relevant fields be it HR, Finance or Marketing. Peoples in our countries think MBA is just about degree but many of our class fellows from Europeans countries were like 45 year old uncles with 10 or 15 years experience at senior management potions.

I also agree with someone who said nationality matter for many management jobs in middle east. Mostly red passport holders get senior management positions in middle east even if their qualification is less than their competitors from India, Pakistan, or Africa. It is better for our peoples to go for professional qualification for example ACCA, IT, CIA, CIMA, Computer science, Engineering(electrical, mechanical), Telecommunication etc if they want to get a decent salary . Its not easy for them to get a top management position in abroad.

source: My personal experience :P

What you say is True.

Dude

Luck and contacts go a long way. From my personal experience and from what i have seen with others, luck plays a huge factor in getting a good job. Having good contacts also does not hurt. There was this one guy who used to live in my dorm during second year of university. The most lethargic and laziest guy i have ever met in my life, a shitty GPA and he barely graduated. He got a job as an investment banker with Scotia Bank just because his uncle is a Senior VP in Scotia's investment trading arm. The job that he got, only the toppers who graduate with 4.0 GPA get that job and usually those toppers are done with their CFA I or II. There are also other tons of examples i can give you with people who graduated with excellent GPA's and are struggling to find a good decent job in their own fields.

Back
Top Bottom