What's new

Automotive Industry development in Muslim countries

kalu_miah

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
While we Muslims have been fighting our ethnic, religious and sectarian wars and various Jihads one after another, Indians have been quietly forging strategic alliances with key countries and companies to make a flourishing car industry for domestic and export market:
Hyundai India receives Top Exporter Award | Business Standard

In the past it was joint ventures with European brands like Benz (TATA) and Leyland (Ashok Leyland) and more recently there are acquisitions like Jaguar - Land Rover, Tata Daewoo, SsangYong Motors etc. And then there is Hyundai India plant which has exported 250,000 cars in 2012:
Hyundai Motor India Limited - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Today India is No. 6 vehicle producer with 4.1 million produced in 2012:
List of countries by motor vehicle production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the data for Muslim countries for 2012:

Turkey, Indonesia and Iran: about a million each
Malaysia: about 570,000
Pakistan and Uzbekistan: about 155,000
Morocco: about 110,000
Egypt: about 60,000

Definitely there is more potential in the future. We need to come up with a comprehensive strategy:

- identifying strategic partners who can provide technology transfer
- build long term relationship with these partners
- based on these relationship, we would like to produce for our own consumption as well for export in the surrounding region
- we need to secure financing from within Muslim countries where wealthier countries can invest in these ventures to make profit and to create jobs for fellow Muslims

The most popular Japanese and Korean brands have been pursuing their own global strategy. Since Japan and Korea are closely allied with the US for the foreseeable future and are also active in US Pivot to Asia project, their business decisions inevitably will benefit their strategic partners and allies.

China today is the largest producer of vehicles, 19 million in 2012. So this industry in fast maturing in that country, although they have not started competing yet in US/EU with global brand names yet. But experts estimate that in 4-5 years they will be able to compete.

I would like to hear PDF members opinion about Muslim countries pursuing a strategy of working with China to develop vehicle industries, taking advantage of the cheap and large labor pool in many Muslim countries. Initially we can start by setting up CKD plants, which does not require too much investment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knock-down_kit

Luxury bus from China:
1-5-1b.jpg

Luxury Coach,Luxury Express Bus,GTQ6129E3G3,Coach Manufacturer

Also, we need to move towards newer electric vehicle technology to reduce pollution in our cities:

BYD_Qin_plug-in_hybrid.jpg

BYD Qin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

byd-ebus-620p.jpg

China's BYD Opens Electric Bus Production Plant in California | PluginCars.com

http://www.acpropulsion.com/products-tzero.html
drives.jpg

http://www.acpropulsion.com/products-drivesystem.html

OIC Automotive Industry OICAI!! Joint ventures with turkey, ksa, bangladesh, Gcc and Pakistan.

OIC Automotive Industry OICAI!! Joint ventures with turkey, ksa, bangladesh, Gcc and Pakistan.

I never mentioned a OIC wide effort or joint venture. All I said was:

I would like to hear PDF members opinion about Muslim countries pursuing a strategy of working with China to develop vehicle industries, taking advantage of the cheap and large labor pool in many Muslim countries. Initially we can start by setting up CKD plants, which does not require too much investment:
Knock-down kit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=279836#ixzz2fyYZvnd5

CKD or SKD plants are not terribly expensive. All you do is bring in parts from the source company and assemble them to make a car. Over time more locally manufactured parts are added.

Mazda Gearing for CKD Vehicle Production in Malaysia | Plants & Production content from WardsAuto
Chery to build RHD CKD plant in Malaysia
Japan's Nissan To Produce Cars In Myanmar - New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD TV)

Individual countries and companies can handle this just fine. The main two points I made are:

1. Wealthy Muslim countries may find a good investment opportunity in these ventures
2. China should be considered as a new source for globally competitive cars, specially electric cars

I never mentioned a OIC wide effort or joint venture. All I said was:

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=279836#ixzz2fyYZvnd5

CKD or SKD plants are not terribly expensive. All you do is bring in parts from the source company and assemble them to make a car. Over time more locally manufactured parts are added.

Mazda Gearing for CKD Vehicle Production in Malaysia | Plants & Production content from WardsAuto
Chery to build RHD CKD plant in Malaysia
Japan's Nissan To Produce Cars In Myanmar - New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD TV)

Individual countries and companies can handle this just fine. The main two points I made are:

1. Wealthy Muslim countries may find a good investment opportunity in these ventures
2. China should be considered as a new source for globally competitive cars, specially electric cars

To be honest
Muslim countries are fighting between themselves & unless they get their act togther
They will not be able to compete with Global Countries

Only hope for Muslim World is GCC,Malaysia & Indonesia

What does Pakistan has to contribute to a JV with the GCC & Turkey
Any tech,Any companies

There is already a thriving automobile industry in some Muslim countries.
For example; there is the Habib Sitara made in Pakistan which is probably the cheapest family vehicle in the world.
Then there is the Zinzira Motors Corp. in Bangla Desh which makes the simplest form of mass-transport in the world. All of these are very distinctive in their own right, and Muslim to boot too!

I am getting a feeling that the OP is proposing "Halal Auto mobiles" for muslims :lol:

Back
Top Bottom