What's new

Australian think tank: China's radar can easily capture the F-35 fighter

F201202220919371792914412.jpg
Han Shasha | People's Daily Online

According to news report from Taiwan, Peter Kwan, founder of an Australian independent defense think tank, said that the Australian Air Force had set too much expectation about the performance of the F-35 stealth fighter and the combat capability of the fighter has also been exaggerated.

He stressed that the F-35 stealth fighters are vulnerable to advanced radar systems. After China and Russia acquire brand-new radars, they could easily detect the jet fighters.

The F-35 stealth fighters, developed by the Lockheed Martin, is taken by many countries as the lead fighter. Australia plans to replace its aging strike jets with up to 100 American F-35s.

However, in recent years there has been speculation that ongoing advances in radar detection and tracking will, in the near future, obviate the ability of all-aspect, low-observable aircraft such as the F-35 stealth fighter.
Care to post some reasonable technical details from this source? There are none? Am shocked...Shocked...I say...:lol:

The F-35 is supposed to a cheap single engine alternative to the F-22, like the F-16 was to 15. The JSF was hilarious, as bureaucracies from invested countries all demanded that the plane perform to their specifications. The result was an attempt to standardize multiple functionalists, at explosive costs.

The F-35 is inferior to the F-22 at minimal cost difference. Of course the Aussies would complain. It would be actually be dangerous if the FGFA and J-20 becomes more cost effective, as it would allow Russia/China/India to field larger 5th gen fighter fleets with the same budget.

If I was a military planner, I would invest all the money in miniature UAVs and nanotechnology.

Who cares how many thousands of stealth fighters the enemy has if you can kill their pilots in their home with a bee-sized UAV depositing poison droplets in their drinks?

This report is from an Independent think tank, not from the Australian government.

The Australian government is part of the group of countries that is developing the F-35.

Australia's always been pretty peaceful with every country.. Now all of a sudden they're worried about F-35's over China?

Australia's always been pretty peaceful with every country.. Now all of a sudden they're worried about F-35's over China?
Peaceful does not mean unarmed or weak. If anything, it usually is the people/culture that divested itself of the willingness to commit to arms and the ability to manufacture and/or acquire arms that ended up conquered.

they learned it from India, "all your neighbors should be your enemy"

And China nonetheless . But Wait if you says anything against your Next Generation Masters ( This generation it's U.S. ) who will pull your ailing economy .

How can they be sure? I mean did they test it? lol..
That is the problem that those who would cheer for the F-35's demise usually missed. If the aircraft is low radar observable, and if you do not have the aircraft, then how would you complete this sequence: modeling/prediction then measurement?

In radar detection, measurement has the final word. In the old days, as in the slide rule era, it was prediction, modeling, then measurement. With today's supercomputers, modeling and prediction can be interchanged. But there are always factors such as ambient EM contamination that must be taken into account upon the real body. So without a real 'stealth' aircraft to measure, how can this Australian group be this declarative? Did the Chinese loaned them a full scale J-20 model at least?

Critical thinking often goes out the window. :lol:

they learned it from India, "all your neighbors should be your enemy"
Never once did say that all your China's neighbours are it's enemies..........:lol:
But who am I to explain you anything?? You'll probable twist it and read it the way you want to.......:lol:

dam hai to apna khud banalo ,ya jo mil raha hai use le lo,or beh in front of russia for pak fa.... i just get frustated from this aussies

now china have to come up with some thing new that are trying to make hyper sonic bombers

Back
Top Bottom