Australian harassed in Bengaluru over tattoo

Hindustani78

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Updated: October 19, 2015 11:59 IST
Australian harassed in Bengaluru over tattoo - The Hindu

The city police detained the Australian and forced the man to apologise to the harassers for “hurting their religious sentiments”.
A group of people harassed an Australian couple at a restaurant here on Saturday, even threatening to skin the young man’s leg, for sporting the tattoo of Hindu goddess Yellamma on his shin.

Their ordeal did not end there as the city police not only detained them but also forced the man to apologise to the group for ‘hurting their religious sentiments.’

The incident happened around 2 p.m. when Matthew Gordon (21) and his girl friend Emily Kassianou (20) from Melbourne were spotted by the group. “One of them came to me and confronted me about my tattoo. Soon, they surrounded us and threatened to skin my leg and remove the tattoo,” a shaken Gordon, a law student, told The Hindu on Sunday.

The group soon called in more people and over 25 men gathered outside the eatery, not allowing the couple to leave. “A policeman arrived and said this is India and one couldn’t sport such a tattoo on the leg,” Mr. Gordon recalled.

Mr. Gordon, the Australian who was confronted by a group of local people at a restaurant here on Saturday for sporting a goddess tattoo on his shin, his girl friend, Emily Kassianou (20), both from Melbourne and their local friend Abishek were taken to the Ashok Nagar police station.

The Australian couple were allegedly given a “dressing-down” and a “lesson on Hindu values” by the police personnel in front of the protesting group.

“Policemen forced Matthew to write an apology and we were made to wait for three hours till he did so,” said Ms. Kassianou.

“The policemen advised me on Hindu religion and insisted I give a written apology for not covering my goddess tattoo, even as the group just watched. I tried taking law points, but had to finally give in as my girlfriend was in tears as the cops wouldn’t let us go,” Mr. Gordon said.

Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) Sandeep Patil, termed the matter “trivial.” “Both parties have reached a compromise and there is nothing serious about it,” he said.

The Poor Guy got it Tattooed from Australia...............Less he it that it resembled Goddess Yellamma....................

Its going too far .
This must stop .
Gone are days when we used to say ''Atithi Devo Bhava''

Indians are God fearing people and they believe in religion.

Police did protected the foreigners.

Sad but its reality .

GOD is someone to be loved and not feared .

these Indians were fucking idiots

shameful, what a bunch of retards.
Disagree, that guy had tattooed a Goddess on his shin, i.e foot. This is Durga Pooja time. This will not be taken kindly anywhere in the country. In fact if a Hindu or Muslim tattooed Virgin Mary on his shin and went to Alabama during Christmas, he is likely to get shot. If the tattoo had been on back or hand, no one would have bothered.

Source: Australian harassed in Bengaluru over tattoo

Disagree, that guy had tattooed a Goddess on his shin, i.e foot. This is Durga Pooja time. This will not be taken kindly anywhere in the country. In fact if a Hindu or Muslim tattooed Virgin Mary on his shin and went to Alabama during Christmas, he is likely to get shot. If the tattoo had been on back or hand, no one would have bothered.

It was TATTOO . For God's sake .

Indians are not idiots.

But where it is written to insult religion in the name of being modern.

And why do u think its an insult .

God is every where . It means every where including that part too .
God is in Atom . Atom makes matter . Matter makes us .
So God has left his/her imprints on each and every part of Us .

no, but you could get shot for a variety of other reasons in the states.

Indians are not idiots.

But where it is written to insult religion in the name of being modern.
these ones were easily offended religious idiots.

I've never heard of this yellahella goddes either.

Heck !
How stupid can people get .
Are we so weak that such things hurt us .
Have you seen his tattoo??Man,he has intentionally carved it on his shin just to mock our belief!!If any of us had done the same thing with say a picture of Jesus Christ on our body and went to Australia i can assure you that the consequences wouldn't have been pleasurable for any us!!There is a fine lime between religious freedom and bigotry and personally i think that we should maintain that line.

no, but you could get shot for a variety of other reasons in the states.

these ones were easily offended religious idiots.

I've never heard of this yellahella goddes either.

Yellamma is the patron Goddess of the south Indian states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.

Thank God, i dont have any Tattoo.

Flowers , Pirates, Guns , names are suitable for tattos but what is Goddess images as tatto ?
why not, who are you to decide what's ok or not to tattoo on someone else's body ?

Yellamma is the patron Goddess of the south Indian states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
I'm from the north, of the southern gods, all I know is lord murugan

tough to keep up with all of them :P

Back
Top Bottom