What's new

Australian files reveal alleged knowledge of Israel nuclear arsenal

I think that 20 was in 1987. I'm sure they have more than that by now. Or do you mean you think they had 200 in 1987?
common dude its a sure shot. A man who is obsessed with his security will never buy just a single unit of a weapon. 20 units/bombs(or whatever) r just peanuts, in 60s Golda Meir had threatened to nuke the arabs if America didnt intervene. Judging by that if they had a ready nuclear arsenal as back as 1967 then that should have been way more then just 20 by 1987. BTW arab state r large countries surrounding them.

And now! well now we r in 2014 so i guess they would have already reached their desired stock and that should be around 200.

More important question is who has been supplying them plutonium or uranium all that long.

Last edited:
@500

Just a quick question, if I may.

How long do you think will it take from Iran to produce a real ICBM? Does it depend on how progressive the DPRK program is going to be in near future?

They'll first have to conduct a nuclear test. Computer simulations can only take one so far. What use would be an ICBM without a working nuclear payload? But I think it's too late for that. In today's world, even US allies can't go unpunished and unsanctioned if they test a nuclear bomb. Too bad, everyone should have tested their bombs by the 1990s, that's when US just used to bark and not do anything much. India and Pakistan got away with that. I highly doubt any country except North Korea will conduct a nuclear test in the near future. Well , your country perhaps can afford to test it. If they sanction you, just block the oil exports :lol:

@500

Just a quick question, if I may.

How long do you think will it take from Iran to produce a real ICBM? Does it depend on how progressive the DPRK program is going to be in near future?
Welcome. :cheers:

There is a very simple formula: ICBM payload = 2 * weight to LEO.

For instance the Iranian Safir has max capability of 50 kg to LEO. That means it can deliver some 100 kg warhead to 10,000 km.

The Israeli Shavit has max capability of 400 kg to LEO. That means it can deliver 800 kg warhead to 10,000 km.

A small nuclear warhead (100-150 kt) weights about 200 kg.

Thus Safir is not enough to deliver even 1 warhead, while Shavit can deliver 4 such warheads.

Iran currently is developing Simogh rocket:

simorgh_9.jpg

It should launch 100-150 kg to LEO (similar to North Korean Unha-2) = 200-300 kg to 10,000 km. It is enough for 1 warhead and can be considered as ICBM.

How long it will take? With enough investment they can make it in 5 years quite easily.

Last edited:
They'll first have to conduct a nuclear test. Computer simulations can only take one so far. What use would be an ICBM without a working nuclear payload? But I think it's too late for that. In today's world, even US allies can't go unpunished and unsanctioned if they test a nuclear bomb. Too bad, everyone should have tested their bombs by the 1990s, that's when US just used to bark and not do anything much. India and Pakistan got away with that. I highly doubt any country except North Korea will conduct a nuclear test in the near future. Well , your country perhaps can afford to test it. If they sanction you, just block the oil exports :lol:

Hey there! It's been a while, I hope you're doing well.

hey'll first have to conduct a nuclear test. Computer simulations can only take one so far. What use would be an ICBM without a working nuclear payload? But I think it's too late for that.

Iran doesn't have to. Their nuclear program is a joint development with the North Koreans. Several sources claimed that Iranian officials attended the recent North Korean nuclear test. Same goes with the ICBM program - if there is any -

think it's too late for that. In today's world, even US allies can't go unpunished and unsanctioned if they test a nuclear bomb

Never! If Iran is working with the North Koreans to develop a nuclear-weapon program, there is no point for taking the risk for conducting nuclear tests which is unlike what we saw between the Indians and the Pakistanis.

I agree with you on the impact of conducting nuclear tests. No one can get away with it, but the North Koreans have less to lose anyhow.

Too bad, everyone should have tested their bombs by the 1990s, that's when US just used to bark and not do anything much

It isn't all about what the US is going to come up with in response to conducting nuclear tests. All world powers will gather to condemn it, and bark about it.

India and Pakistan got away with that. I highly doubt any country except North Korea will conduct a nuclear test in the near future.

Sometimes I get the feeling - though I know it is untrue - that Pakistan and India had had an agreement on conducting those tests in 98 :lol: ...

If some country decided to conduct a nuclear test - barring to North Korea - It would be interesting to see what kind of reaction will it bring to the International Community.

Well , your country perhaps can afford to test it. If they sanction you, just block the oil exports :lol:

Nah, we don't want to be viewed negatively tbqh.

I doubt it has just 20.........Its way way more then that. My estimates is close to 200.

Your estimates? Please do tell us your expert credentials. :disagree:

Not surprised that the OP is banned.

Back
Top Bottom