What's new

Australia eyes defence business in India

We are not asking Uranium to make weapons.. We have enough uranium deposits to meet that for than a century.

It doesn't matter, the treaty must be signed. It's a legally binding contract.

But Indian hasn't signed the non prolification treaty saying India won't make nukes with the uranium so thats why sales are banned.

won't these shipments have safeguards--like the plant it used--it will eventually used in N-plant--however the catch is the meager nuk material now in Inida can be routed to make N-weapons:D instead of running power plants--

But Indian hasn't signed the non prolification treaty saying India won't make nukes with the uranium so thats why sales are banned.

Canada trusted India with the Candu Reactors but sneaky India stole the
technology from the reactors to crank out nukes. If Australia supplies India with Uranium then India will again let the world down by using the Uranium to produce Nukes.

You just can't trust the Indians as long as they don't sign the NPT.

The current government refuses to sell uranium to a country that hasn't sold the nuclear non-prelification treaty.

Over the horizon radar planes/systems are some of the best radars in the world.

True!
So we expecting maybe a JV with Australia in building radar related technology.

Canada trusted India with the Candu Reactors but sneaky India stole the
technology from the reactors to crank out nukes. If Australia supplies India with Uranium then India will again let the world down by using the Uranium to produce Nukes.

You just can't trust the Indians as long as they don't sign the NPT.

Buddy, thanks for your expert advice.

US, Russia, France, Canada have already signed agreements with India....and I think...Aussies will eventually follow.

dude

RUPEE
indrs3.jpg

RULES

Buddy, thanks for your expert advice.

US, Russia, France, Canada have already signed agreements with India....and I think...Aussies will eventually follow.

Nope, we don't sell uranium to any country that hasn't signed the NPT.

Every single country in the world has signed it except India, Pakistan and Israel.

Australia is committed to getting rid of all nuclear weapons in the world and is committed to stopping new weapons being created.

That's a noble cause, but how will it actually work in practice?

What is the likelihood that any of the major nuclear powers in this world, would voluntarily give up their nuclear weapons?

Every single country in the world has signed it except India, Pakistan and Israel.

That is because NPT preaches nuclear apartheid. Why should only select few have the right to possess N weapons?

Besides, all the 3 countries you mentioned are N powers, NPT should be done away with, it is useless.

That is because NPT preaches nuclear apartheid. Why should only select few have the right to possess N weapons?

Besides, all the 3 countries you mentioned are N powers, NPT should be done away with, it is useless.

This NPT & most treaties r farce even UN itself...to sideline third world...prime eg is India..the largest democrazy & 2nd most populist country, a trillion economy..what more u want to qualify as a permanent member

This NPT & most treaties r farce even UN itself...to sideline third world...prime eg is India..the largest democrazy & 2nd most populist country, a trillion economy..what more u want to qualify as a permanent member

The UN Security Council should be expanded to include India, Pakistan, and Brazil. :tup:

That would be much more representative of the majority of humanity.

That is fine.

In my previous post, I was only speaking from a business standpoint. If other pro-NPT countries like US, Russia, France and Canada can do that, then why not Australia?Most likely these nations had to change(relax) their policies to facilitate these agreements with India. We can't predict the future!

I know that.

Even countries that signed is responsible for proliferation.:agree:

You obviously don't understand what the NPT, go read up about it.

That is fine.

In my previous post, I was only speaking from a business standpoint. If other pro-NPT countries like US, Russia, France and Canada can do that, then why not Australia?Most likely these nations had to change(relax) their policies to facilitate these agreements with India. We can't predict the future!

Because US, Russia, France and Canada are obviously not serious about getting rid of nuclear weapons, my country is.

Even countries that signed is responsible for proliferation.:agree:

Yes i know, but you obviously don't understand what the NPT is. Everyone who signs it committes to not make any new nuclear weapons, it doesn't mean you have to get rid of your nukes.

Back
Top Bottom