What's new

Australia boosts training for Pakistan military

the reason i say this is that we are currently using heavy artillery against "militants" who have no fortified positions

absolutely 100% wrong!
youtube is full of such combats where these bad guys hit and hide in their caves, ground holes, or fortified hideouts.

well actually pakistan doesn't know properly how to carry out COIN operations i believe.....the reason i say this is that we are currently using heavy artillery against "militants" who have no fortified positions and infact would love for us to increase collateral damage as well as turn whole areas into ruble so they can actually get better places to hide & fight!!!

so yes currently Pakistan Army in my opinon doesn't know how to carry out proper COIN operation and we need to learn from anyone including Australia!
Its not that we don't have experience but I'd say its about gaining more experience.

Guys please stop disrespecting Australian Army.Australians are good friends of Pakistan and they have done nothing against Pakistan so chill.Aussie Army is a very professional army.They also helped us during 2005 earth quake.Australians are always welcomed in Pakistan.Our Armed Forces should built a strong relationship with Australian Armed Forces.

Last edited:
well actually pakistan doesn't know properly how to carry out COIN operations i believe.....the reason i say this is that we are currently using heavy artillery against "militants" who have no fortified positions and infact would love for us to increase collateral damage as well as turn whole areas into ruble so they can actually get better places to hide & fight!!!

so yes currently Pakistan Army in my opinon doesn't know how to carry out proper COIN operation and we need to learn from anyone including Australia!

COIN is not about using or not using artillery against militants who may or may not be in fortified positions.

Artillery is merely another weapons system which, if utilized properly, can be very effective and cause little collateral damage in the FATA environment.

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

Well Pakistani Army does need Dunkin' Donuts may be the Aussies will share how to make Donuts -

The day the Ausies ever face a equiped army - it will be pretty one sided, its one thing to go against sheep hearders -

Army vs Army - ... nah:undecided:

20,000 soldiers , like we have that many young ppl in 1 college or university in Pakistan , training for Army related duties.... its like a University crew ... boy scouts

Well I have not seen Australians do nothing much , they just send in 5-6 soliders here and there - and they stay in safe zones behind a bunker wall and when they do see fight they pack back and jump on their heli -

Give me some links to notable Aussies battles - vs Army (not 5-10 ppl malitias)
Please read Ratus Ratus's post above on Australian experience and google it as well.

Well look at all the useful coming for these military knowledge Pakistanis.
I just hope you lot have a bit more military experience than just being pathetic armchair idiots.

From what I know of this forum no one from Australia has denigrated the PA or the FC in any way. You have gone to great lengths to be as obnoxious and denigrate the Australian military and with zilch real knowledge.
You do the PA, FC and your country proud with your pathetic lack of knowledge rhetoric.

In other words you have insulted another nation’s soldiers in a pathetic and disgusting manner and done it in a defence forum. That only brings shame on your own military.
Congratulations

Also since none of you seem to have actually read the original article it was to provide special training to officers of the PA not to train the PA. The officers were to go to Australia for this.

I have taken your comments and included these in a letter of formal compliant to the Defence Minister as further evidence this is a waste of my tax payer money as it is obvious military experts here at this forum consider such training as a waste of time.

I initially considered this forum a place of reasonable discussion and I did have a high regard of the PA and FC in their battle with the terrorists.
I now see that was misplaced and this forum is nothing more than a mirror of many Indian ones in the ability to generate poor taste rhetoric.

Thanks, as my perceptions of you and your country have gone negative fast. You deserve your 10% politicians, poor social infrastructure and crumbling economy.

RR

Perhaps you too are a little bit guilty of expecting too much from people mostly quite young, emotional and not representing the military professionals or the more knowledgeable members of this forum...the views of few are not the verdict of this forum...rest assured we do know the credentials of your soldiers...

Regarding the Australian Army, we have had interactions with them in the past and the soldiers who know them rate them very high as being top notch professionals.

Your armed forces operate the latest weaponry and have relevant training in similar terrain.
Your special ops teams are grilled mercilessly and very tough chaps.

Just take it easy my friend, i for one am quite happy that the Aussies will share their experience and expertise with us.

Last edited:
Well Pakistani Army does need Dunkin' Donuts may be the Aussies will share how to make Donuts -

The day the Ausies ever face a equiped army - it will be pretty one sided, its one thing to go against sheep hearders -

20,000 soldiers , like we have that many young ppl in 1 college or university in Pakistan , training for Army related duties.... its like a University crew ... boy scouts

Well I have not seen Australians do nothing much , they just send in 5-6 soliders here and there - and they stay in safe zones behind a bunker wall and when they do see fight they pack back and jump on their heli -

Listen, please leave this thread. It's obvious you do not want to have a serious discussion. All you are posting is insults and illinformed information. Please leave.

as For your stupid comments, as i said previously too you. The australian army has been in every major war in the last 100 years. Australia invaded the solomon islands and east timor on there own without any help. There is currently 1,500 australian soliders in afghanastan, yet you say there is 1 or 2 lol, why arE you being so blind? Australia is holding a whole province, while also rebuilding it (building new markets etc) also training the afghan security forces. Australian soldiers have been dieing in battles with the taliban.

My friend since you are accusing the Australian Army of all sorts of negative traits...you have to convince the forum whether they are untrained or not...
Pakistan Army has had few interactions with them and their credentials as operating top notch equipment and being very well trained in asymmetric warfare are known to many.
Their army is very small in number but highly trained since on rotation i think most of battalions have overseas experience in varied terrain and various low to mid intensity conflicts.

Whereas the PA is currently hitting the terrorists hard...the low intensity conflict is the new role that our Army is being trained in these days and there is a reason that special schools are being setup for this purpose by the high command which is not acting as a bunch of know it alls and is seeking help where it should be sought...the good thing about PA is that they are always willing to learn and that is what makes them a good army...i think that is one trait that any man or organization needs to have in order to keep evolving and progressing...thirst for knowledge and the quest to learn from others.

Australian Army is a very good source of knowledge for us in Low Intensity Conflict and that is precisely where they are willing to help us...very good for us.

Even if they were not helping us, calling them such and such is not a healthy thing to do...they are thorough professionals!

Heres a video you should watch. After you watch it, you will understand the stupidity of your comments. "Australian has not bee in any wars"

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear. It didn't take long for the armchair experts to appear and degrade the whole thread. The PA is facing a very tough fight with the Taliban in the Swat. The Aussies have a head start having fought the Taliban since their fall in 2001 around Helmand and Kandahar. The current PA strategy of wheeling field artillery around long after the Taliban have disappeared is obviously not working. The PA needs all the help it can get.

With regards Ratus, please ignore the multitude of ignorant comments. Some members don't seem to recognise the huge sacrifice made by Commonwealth troops of all nations in campaigns of yesteryear.

I was in Turkey a few months ago and visited the Dardanelles. There was a very fitting memorial near first Anzac beach-head:

Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives. You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us, where they lie side by side here in this country of ours. You, the mothers, who sent their sons from far away countries, wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well Atatuurk

A very humbling experience.

Some here believe I am being unfair in my judgements. Well when some screw loose armchair idiot sounds off about not having fought anything big I am entitled to be rightly hissed off.
That person and others of the same ilk posting in this thread prove that have not bothered to go beyond their own limited view of the world, ie the local province borders at best.

The folowing would be two of the most definitive battles we as Australians fought in Nam.
The VC and NVA were well equipped and in the case of Coral and Balmoral well determined to destroy these bases.

Battle of Long Tan
Aust 180 pers, that is one company of Inf
VC & NVA 2500 – 3500 A regiment in size.
We won.
The battle of Long Tan basically destroyed the VC and NVA in Phuoc Tuy Province.

Battles of FSB Coral and Balmoral
2 Bn inf (Aust) Troop Tanks (Aust), Arty (Aust/NZ/US) some in the FSB other guns in support. Roughly 1500 troops.
VC & NVA 3-4000
Lasted for 26 days
We won.

And don’t, little armchair pretenders bother to tell me the VC was just a loose rabble, they were not and the NVA definitely were not.

There were many battles in Nam but these two have a vicious nature about them. Possibly something most here will never comprehend.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom