What's new

Australia boosts training for Pakistan military

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score

CANBERRA: Australia on Wednesday offered to help train more Pakistani military officers and committed 12 million Australian dollars (US $9 million) to humanitarian aid efforts in the country’s troubled northwest. The announcements came as Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Tariq Majid visited Canberra to update officials on the fight against the Taliban in the Swat valley. Australian Defence Minister Joel Fitzgibbon said Pakistan’s success in fighting the Taliban on its own soil was critical to regional and global security. Australian Foreign Minister Stephen Smith also announced 12 million Australian dollars in aid. He said the money would go the United Nations, Red Cross and other aid agencies providing services to camps for the internally displaced persons.

There is little to learn from this Army, they don't know our region's terrain as well as we do.

They just copy their stuff from US & UK mostly, again there is little to be learned from these bands of Aussies...

Who gives a flying...If there training a waste of time. Other members can go on about how great this War experienced Army (sarcasm) is...

I still remember the defeat the Mighty Ottoman Turks gave them at Canakkale.

If anything Pakistani Army and it's fine institution should be training them...

But I will be fair here, perhaps their Naval skills could come in use, as an Island and continent Australia has a strong need for a modern Navy, so in this field we could learn a thing or two. But fighting Al Qaeda, Taliban, separatist (counter-insurgency) not very much. Neither Al Qaeda nor Taliban possess a Navy, at least I hope not....lol

Last edited:
Australia's terrain is similar to Pakistan; desert. They fought off the Japanese well in World War II.

Yes, their style is similar to the US and UK but its best to learn from everyone and combine those learned warfare methods to Pakistan's benefit.

Pakistan Army has said many times that they are not getting any training from any other country!

And these countries are training Frontier Core(FC) and not army!
Pakistan Army is best!

Learn form Aussies ??? They can't even bowl the doosra let alone train Pakistani Army :yahoo: that was the other on form me :chilli:

Australia should perhaps donate cash $ we like cash

Please avoid making silly comments that do not serve the discussion. Like the US and British forces, Australians incorporate a lot of high tech equipment into their training. This high-tech aspect is very beneficial to Pakistan to learn from. The Australians are not coming to Pakistan to teach us combat maneuvers and fieldcraft etc. Those are things in which PA is very proficient. Counter terrorism and COIN are other areas where our officers look forward to interacting with those from other countries (specially the first world Armed Forces).

Lol traning they need to train them self first anyhow we can take the aid though $$$ lol to help our diplaced poor!

They just copy their stuff from US & UK mostly, again there is little to be learned from these bands of Aussies...

OH great fountain of nothing. I gather you can prove this claim of copying?

I never realised you were that old.. You were there???:disagree:

The level of mutual respect between the Australian and Turk soldiers has been stead fast since those days in WWI. It is a solid bond of respect for each other that still holds today. Go ask either side.
Your words are pure insult to both sides and serving members of both forces Turkish and Australian.

This is real funny. I think pakistanian army have more real modern combat expirience.
:rofl:sorry laughing at you and your lack of knowledge:rofl:

Lol traning they need to train them self first anyhow we can take the aid though $$$ lol to help our diplaced poor!
Why should they give you the money. 10% would vanish would it not??

:rofl:
OH wondrous experts, you know nothing but talk lots..
But then I forgot you are all 3 military experts, no?

OH great fountain of nothing. I gather you can prove this claim of copying?

I never realised you were that old.. You were there???:disagree:

The level of mutual respect between the Australian and Turk soldiers has been stead fast since those days in WWI. It is a solid bond of respect for each other that still holds today. Go ask either side.
Your words are pure insult to both sides and serving members of both forces Turkish and Australian.

:rofl:sorry laughing at you and your lack of knowledge:rofl:

Why should they give you the money. 10% would vanish would it not??

OH wondrous experts, you know nothing but talk lots..
But then I forgot you are all 3 military experts, no?

Wll i don't work for the gov of Pakistan nor for mr 10% but wat i do know is In any case atleast something will get to the displaced poor in need perhaps if not fund's then med supplies , food , tents, bottled water etc would help them if you seem to have any better ideas i would love to hear it ! other then that if ain't coming from your pocket i wouldn't worry about it too much thanks! :disagree: :wave:

There is little to learn from this Army, they don't know our region's terrain as well as we do.

there is no cost to PA and if anything it will help improve relations between the two armed forces.

Who gives a flying...If there training a waste of time. Other members can go on about how great this War experienced Army (sarcasm) is...

If anything Pakistani Army and it's fine institution should be training them...

But I will be fair here, perhaps their Naval skills could come in use, as an Island and continent Australia has a strong need for a modern Navy, so in this field we could learn a thing or two. But fighting Al Qaeda, Taliban, separatist (counter-insurgency) not very much. Neither Al Qaeda nor Taliban possess a Navy, at least I hope not....lol

That's laughable. Australia defence force has it's own tactics. Yes it trains with the american army but it does not copy anything from it. If anything australia would be good trainers because in australia the terrain etc is similar to that of pakistan.

This is real funny. I think pakistanian army have more real modern combat expirience.

Not really. Australia was involved in the invasion of iraq and afghanastan. Australia led the invasion of east timor and the solomon islands without any other countries help.

Another factless comment. Australias army is a very well trained army, so well trained they have trained 10 different countries armys across the world.

there is no cost to PA and if anything it will help improve relations between the two armed forces.
It is good to see Australia defense force is helping Pakistan.
People should acknowledge those who wants to help you.:smitten:

Not too sure about Training standards :cheesy: but Australia is a Friendly Country and we have really good realations with them , all Australia can help is give us what is most needed $$$$$$ and Equipment. Working on joint training excercises and specially Australian desert survival training would be a good option on the Table... :pakistan:
Regards:

The only training Australians can give is how to ride a kangaroo :coffee: with out falling into kangaroo's pouch.

Pakistan Army is right up there top armies in world

Australians are probbly only good at fitness but every thing else Pakistan Army is superior

Have you read anything in anyones posts? Obviously not because you go and make a comment like that.

Tbh, the Pakistan army is not superior then The Australian army. The Australian army is better equipped and better trained, hence why Australia is going to train the Pakistan army. If the Australian army wasn't trained well and the Pakistan was trained better then the Australian army, why would the australian army be called to train the Pakistan army lol? Before you post, make sure you actually know what you are talking about.

K man what can the Australian Army do beside , drinking beer from a can ? How many wars has Australia been with we are talking real wars , with army vs armies not Army vs Sheep hearders? None

UAE has better airforce then Australia
General Dynamics F-111 Aardvark lol 1960 craft
And 60 or so Hornets ..

Size of Australian army ...
Size 26,611 (Regular)
15,892 (Active Reserve)
12,496 (Standby Reserve)

Man that is like , nothing compared to 5-10 million soldiers that India has or 500,000 soldiers that Paksitan army has

On a personal note I am a suprised at the low army personnel but again , australia have no issues with any nation :coffee: they are pretty inactive like Japan and peaceful so they don't need a army which is good as they can spend on nation development

I think the Australian trainers would be beneficials for fitnes and stamina improvements in Pakistani team but tactically , it would be more of a collaboration on two armies if they work together

I am not sure what exactly Australian army specializes in , in term of their skills

again, have you read any posts in this thread? i explain this to someone else in this thread. What you just said shows that you are ignorant and have no idea what you are talking about, also your comments are stepping over the mark with all those stereotypes you are putting out.

You asked what wars australia has been in, army vs army? Australia has been in every single major war in the last 100 years. WW2, 500 australians soldiers held off 3,000 japanese. Australia was involved in the invasion of iraq in the 90's and second time. Australia is currently in Afghanistan holding a whole province, while rebuilding it and training afghan forces. Australia, invaded the solomon islands and liberated it from the indonesians on it's own. Australia invaded the solomon islands on it's own and secured it from the renegade army that broke off from the government. Yet you say australia has never been in a war? lol you ignorant fool.

As for our equipment, yes it's old but it's currently getting replaced with 100 F-22 Raptors, pakistan can't even get hold of them 1. Pakistan is not allies with america 2. You couldn't afford it. Also we are getting 2 aircraft carriers and 50 F-35 Lightning II's that arnt even released yet, they will come about 2016 and they are the best fighter jets in the world.

As for our personal. We don't need a huge army because we are an island. Any invaders wouldn't make it to our shore because we have an excellent navy and airforce.

The fact is even though the Pakistan army has more people, the Australian army is better equipped, has better vechicles, support also better training hence why they are going to train the Pakistan army and have been training armies around the world.

Australia has superb counter terrorist training, our sas is the best in the world.

Also i would like to note the 100 billion dollar military build up australia is having. The Australian defence force will have the best equipment in world. Remember, it's a defence force, not an attack force even though we can attack. Our army is built around defending australia.

What really surprises me is the fact that people think that the australian defence force isn't good, it's **** etc. But it's not, it's world class hence why it's being called to train the pakistan army.

I have no idiea about their army but i can tell u.Australia, Canada, NEW Zealand,South Aerica,all of them are really really good at going to Tim Hortons :coffee:Coffee n Donuts r their fav....:rofl::rofl:

If you don't have anything intelligent to say, don't say anything at all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom