What's new

Austalian athletes 'treated like cattle' CWG

Read the news article. It was before the opening ceremony when all the countries walk out with their flags.

What petition? what are you talking about?

Its just about a petition,though not made officially,
Its a complaint!
and now read my previous post again taking petition=complaint.
:lol:

Ok i agree with performance part BUT can anyone put forward the reason for the wait?

and out of those 1000 people how many were athletes ? I am sure all of them are part of officially announced teams.

They had been there before to monitor the passages to the ceremony then why using this word "tunnel" now ??

You keep asking questions i have already answered.

I told you in my last post that they were waiting in the tunnel to walk out onto the stage in the opening ceremony.

Everyone in the tunnels were athletes, as i said, they were waiting to walk out in their countries for the opening ceremony.

Please read the article.

It was really bad on organiser's part to have missed on athletes condition on those 40-50 minutes stay inside tunnel. Probably they should have arranged for proper ventilation atleast.

However, as far as complaints from Australlians is concerned, they have long lost their credibility.

Its just about a petition,though not made officially,
Its a complaint!
and now read my previous post again taking petition=complaint.
:lol:

I posted a news article of an incident that happened....... that's all...

Also a petition does not = complaint. A petition is a request to do something.

I wonder why only the Australian were complaining being treated like "cattle" only, while other teams were pretty much dealing with similar situation? any news source who else were complaining too?

I posted a news article of an incident that happened....... that's all...

Also a petition does not = complaint. A petition is a request to do something.

You should understand what i want to say!

I m done for this thread,the aussies seem to be complaining,but they also seem to be enjoying New Delhi the most!
:wave:

It wasn't "Fake" The reporter never claimed the explosives were actually in the case as he walked past the checkpoint and he never claimed the checkpoint was a main checkpoint.

It wasn't a f&cking checkpoint not major not minor NOT A CHECKPOINT.

It was a traffic diversion !

The reporter is trying to create false impression of security breach by walking from barricades placed on the main road only to divert vehicles.

Of course they wouldn't. Any bad news story about India is met with Indians insulting other people. It's a childish thing to do.

Imagine if there was a terrorist attack in India and thousands of foreign athletes were killed. I bet the Indians on here would be saying "oh they are just whining" "oh they are never happy"

You have to accept criticizem if it's fair and true criticism. Don't take criticism as an insult.

So can the same be said about the various police chiefs and political leaders turning a blind eye towards the blatant racial attacks on Indians in Australia. :angry:

You guys cant stand in a tunnel for friggin 30 minutes,but wont do anything to stop the almost daily racial attacks on Indians.

To this story:

"Aussies 'treated like cattle" on Sydney herald:Google it.

These were comments appeared below the article:

StraightTalker Posted at 9:36 PM October 04, 2010

One more whinge, no surprise here. It seems Australia was the only team of importance there, and they were the precious commodity above the all, and hence deserved to be provided with more comfortable environment than their mother's womb. Also, the dress designer thought that India was located somewhere in North Pole and Indian authorities again failed to inform them that India had move closer to tropic of cancer.

ex-Hockey team of Delhi, India Posted at 12:00 AM Today

take big breath and stop complaining about treatment as i was part of Indian hockey team during 2006 CWG at Melbourne. it was disaster as we were put in university accommodations and food was pretty bad as compare to India.don't worry, we are not racist and plus waiting for Indian govt. to declare safety waring to Indian citizens on being traveled to Australia be careful for racist attacks. it is annoying that Australia is only country who is complaining for everything.

Jay of London Posted at 9:18 AM Today

The Brits had a fantastic dress. The Ozzies might have been laughing because they are ignorant and parochial and ofcourse the whole world knows them for their racism

Patrick of Mitcham Posted at 11:01 AM Today

Why do Athletes think they deserve special consideration or extra attention? Been an athlete is their job and they are blessed enough as it is by the fact that their countries adore them and cheer them on. Why do they need 5 star accommodation wherever they go? Why do they need to treated like Kings and Queens? Are we turning into sooks?? The athletes knew they were going to India where temperatures could reach around 40 degrees so it should be no surprise to them that they would get hot! I feel for India as they have missed out on a lot of tourist revenue because so many people have whinged and complained about these games! And most of that has come from Australia! Good on India for getting these games to work and pull off a great start. Please forgive us Australians for been so naive....

Kalmadi apologises to 'treated like cattle' Aussies
Kalmadi apologises to 'treated like cattle' Aussies - Hindustan Times

Under-fire Commonwealth Games organising committee chief Suresh Kalmadi was forced to apologise on Tuesday after Australia claimed its athletes were "treated like cattle" at the opening ceremony. Australian team chef de mission Steve Moneghetti said his athletes were forced to wait in a tunnel in 40-plus degree conditions to march in Sunday's opening ceremony, and they may boycott future ceremonies.

He claimed the health of the athletes was at risk in such conditions.

"It was over 40 degrees without a doubt. We were treated like cattle. It was disgraceful," he told Australian Associated Press.

"I was very, very disappointed with the way that the event staff conducted the ceremony and with total disregard for athlete welfare.

"The athletes have lost confidence with the event organisers.

"It will impact on future Australian athletes' involvement at the opening ceremony."

Kalmadi, the face of the Games who was booed at the opening ceremony after a shambolic lead-up to the 11-day event, admitted it could have been organised better.

"Yes, I think something was wrong and we will correct it for the closing ceremony," he said at a press conference. "I'd like to apologise."

A catalogue of problems in the lead-up to the Games embarrassed India, but the widely-applauded opening ceremony restored some pride.

Damage Control !!!

They should have installed Air-cons or at least fans in the tunnel!! if athletes had to wait in the tunnel! looks like there was poor air flow in the tunnel!
For all those justifying athletes being tough and whiners! it was valid criticism, thre should have been fans atleast.

Ah! Whatever happened to the "manly outdoors" image that Aussies like to project? Things happen, deal with it.

Seriously, stop acting like sissies, my dear aussies.

Back
Top Bottom