What's new

Attock rhymes with Khattak

Samandri

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I always thought Attock is very similar name to Khattak, turns out there is history behind it.

In 1581 AD Akbar laid the foundations of fort on eastern bank of Indus and named it Atak (Attock) Banaras. Mughal historian Badayuni (1540-1615) tell us that the name was chosen to rhyme with Khattak , the other frontier town. Abu Fazal tell us that Khattak was then known as Khattak banaras.

Sources: 1-Notes on Afghanistan and part of baluchistan, 2-Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal, Volume 40

@Slav Defence can you please move this thread to Pakistani history section, cant create a thread there due to some server error.

I always thought Attock is very similar name to Khattak, turns out there is history behind it.

In 1581 AD Akbar laid the foundations of fort on eastern bank of Indus and named it Atak (Attock) Banaras. Mughal historian Badayuni (1540-1615) tell us that the name was chosen to rhyme with Khattak , the other frontier town. Abu Fazal tell us that Khattak was then known as Khattak banaras.

Sources: 1-Notes on Afghanistan and part of baluchistan, 2-Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal, Volume 40

@Slav Defence can you please move this thread to Pakistani history section, cant create a thread there due to some server error.
moved-

Your knowledge has increased a lot. Are you studying pashtun history. And what source do you use?

Back
Top Bottom