What's new

Attack on PNS Mehran Base - PAF Faisal Base

No it is your own pakistani muslim brothers doing all this.Not cia or mossad.

Well, this particular tragedy needs to be investigated and only then will the truth come out...even then it can be disputed.
I am a strong opponent of TTP and all like them since they are 100% enemies of Pakistan and terrorists in nature, however not everything can be within their capability and truth of the matter should always be sought in order to prevent similar tragedies.

WHAT THE F**K IS GOING ON... this is getting too much now. How can this happen? If the army(navy, airforce) is not safe itself how can it protect the nation. Some bloody must be spanked now. Time to find and F**K the bastards behind the scenes.

Perhaps sir you forgot that most of the AQ leader ship was taken out or arrested by Pakistan and its armed forces. As for me being in denial no sir i can assure you I am not. I am not somebody who would close his eyes and believe everything is ok and whatever happens bad, happens because of the US and India. We are equally to be blamed. My question was very specific to which you simply did not reply. I am not the one making accusations here. Its easy for us to sit comfortable at our homes and criticize, while some of it is genuine, Yours may i add is misplaced.

Icecold - please do take a read at what Rescue Ranger has to say about the inside help -- Easy to criticize, no, not really, because our criticism is justified, however, we do not invite or insist that everyone must agree - you don't find it persuasive, that's fine - I think it's important that we be open to each other so we can consider each others perspectives -- read what Rescue ranger has to say about what they first did, read about the multiple entry points, read about the quantity of the munitions and weapons (pre-position) . The purpose of the criticism is to refine ourselves to make ourselves better, if you can't handle the criticism, well, I realize you think it's misplaced, perhas we may continue to blame other for our shortcomings, it seems to work for us, you think?

230740_10150268285555030_211465175029_9489886_7863019_n.jpg

Lt.Yasir Has reportedly embraced Shahadat in ensuing battle at PNS Mehran. He received 3 Bullets and fought bravely, May ALLAH accept him and protect Pakistan.

and here is his profile...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...564044&sk=info

INA LILLAHI WA INA ILEHI RAJIOON

Taken from Siasat.pk

My salute to him . Its the brave heroes like him who make their countrymen proud & filled with gratitude.

And its people like him that are the unsurpassable obstacles between terrorists & humanity.

Mubhar Luqmaan on Duniya TV just said that; NDTV did a program 1 hr before this attack on Orion-planes in Pakistan & talked about it's pros/cons & india NOT having this plane... According to him it's very suspecious & that indian media was signalled that it's time to start reporting on upcoming attack in Pakistan... media was little too early,,, just like BBC was little too early to report collapse of WTC-7 even before it fell...

I surfed through every Indian news channel during the attack, and only star news was reporting it. There is no mention of it even on Times of India front page.

I dont know why i find this funny. Complaining to china and pointing fingers at India and CIA. I hope now the Chinese will take a stick and beat our open palm for our mischiefs.

Pakistan for some reason finds itself in a subordinate role. It always expects somebody else to do its dirty job.

In my native tongue, there is a saying that roughly translates to :
If you need to go to heaven, you should perform good deeds and you should die a honourable death. Someone else dying for you will not make you attain a place in heaven.

Pakistan should take this as an attack on Pakistan and take firm action to get rid of this menace for its own good.
:coffee:

even a child can understand this cannot be done by TTP... they are not of that calliber... they can just kill civilians doing such an operation is not possible for them... I mean they are not capable of this..

Err.. Why not?? Didnt their sister organization LeT do a Mumbai 26/11??

Mubhar Luqmaan on Duniya TV just said that; NDTV did a program 1 hr before this attack on Orion-planes in Pakistan & talked about it's pros/cons & india NOT having this plane... According to him it's very suspecious & that indian media was signalled that it's time to start reporting on upcoming attack in Pakistan... media was little too early,,, just like BBC was little too early to report collapse of WTC-7 even before it fell...

What is so special about these Orion aircrafts? Can Pakistan buy a similar aircraft from China?

I am sorry, my knowledge about aircrafts is not so good.

Its interesting that the terrorists were so determined to get rid of these Orion aircrafts. What so special about these Orion aircrafts.

Pakistan naval base siege close to an end
By Faisal Aziz – 7 mins ago
KARACHI (Reuters) – Troops battled Taliban gunmen holed up in Pakistan's naval air force headquarters on Monday after the most audacious attack in the unstable, nuclear-armed country since the killing of Osama bin Laden.
Blasts rang out and helicopters hovered above the PNS Mehran base in the city of Karachi, nearly 12 hours after more than 20 Pakistani Taliban militants stormed the building with guns and grenades, blowing up at least one aircraft.
However, security officials and a senior minister said the operation appeared to be coming to an end.
"A major area has been cleared," Interior Minister Rehman Malik told reporters. "The sweeping process is continuing."
The assault casts fresh doubt on the Pakistan military's ability to protect its bases following an attack on the army headquarters in the city of Rawalpindi in 2009, and is a further embarrassment following the surprise raid by U.S. special forces on bin Laden's hideout north of Islamabad on May 2.
The Pakistan Taliban, which is allied with al Qaeda, said the attack was to avenge the al Qaeda leader's killing.
"It was the revenge of martyrdom of Osama bin Laden. It was the proof that we are still united and powerful," Taliban spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.
Sporadic bouts of heavy gunfire erupted from the base as security forces battled to end the siege. Twelve military personnel were killed and 14 wounded in the assault that started at 10.30 p.m. on Sunday (1:30 p.m. EDT), a navy spokesman said.
"The operation is still on but resistance from militants has reduced significantly," spokesman Mohammad Yasir told Reuters. A security source said at least three militants had been killed.
GUNS, ROCKET-PROPELLED GRENADES
One security official said the militants had taken over a building in the base. Another official, contacted inside the base, denied reports that hostages had been taken, but added: "There is a chance that some terrorists have suicide belts or jackets."
The base is 15 miles from the Masroor Air Base, Pakistan's largest and a possible depot for nuclear weapons.
"They were carrying guns, rocket-propelled grenades (RPG) and hand grenades. They hit the aircraft with an RPG," Navy spokesman Commander Salman Ali said of the militants.
A spokesman said one P-3C Orion, a maritime patrol aircraft supplied by the United States, had been destroyed and another aircraft had been damaged.
Media reports said the attackers had made their way in through a sewer pipe but that was not confirmed.
TALIBAN DENIES MULLAH OMAR KILLED
Pakistan has faced a wave of assaults over the last few years, many of them claimed by the Pakistani Taliban.
Others have been blamed on al Qaeda-linked militant groups once nurtured by the Pakistani military and which have since slipped out of control.
The Taliban have stepped up attacks since bin Laden's death, killing almost 80 people in a suicide bombing on a paramilitary academy and an assault on a U.S. consular vehicle in Peshawar.
The group also claimed responsibility for a botched plot to bomb New York's Times Square last year.
The TTP is led by Hakimullah Mehsud, whose fighters regularly clash with the army in the northwest, also widely believed to be a base for Afghan militants.
On Monday, an Afghan television station reported Taliban leader Mullah Omar had been killed in Pakistan, but the group denied it, saying he was safe and in Afghanistan.
Washington sees nuclear-armed Pakistan as a key, if difficult, ally essential to its attempts to root out militant forces in neighbouring Afghanistan.
Pakistan, however, sees militant groups as leverage in Afghanistan, and the discovery that bin Laden was living in the town of Abbottabad has revived suspicions that militants may be receiving help from within the security establishment.
Pakistan says its senior leadership did not know bin Laden's whereabouts, but his presence -- and his killing -- has strained already fragile ties United States and deeply embarrassed Pakistan's military.
The military, for its part, has come under intense pressure for allowing five U.S. helicopters to penetrate Pakistan's airspace and kill the al Qaeda leader.
Many U.S. lawmakers are questioning whether to cut the billions of dollars of aid Pakistan receives to help root out militants.
On Monday, the Pakistani rupee fell to a record low against the U.S. dollar, partly because of concerns that growing tensions with the West could choke off much needed foreign aid.
(Additional reporting by Chris Allbritton, Zeeshan Haider and Kamran Haider; Writing by Miral Fahmy; Editing by John Chalmers)

Back
Top Bottom