What's new

Attack on PNS Mehran Base - PAF Faisal Base

The last blast was a fuel tanker exploding #KarachiAttacks

News Update.Director General PR, Pakistan Navy, Irfanul Haq has confirmed two injuries — one sailor and one officer, both of whom are in critical condition. No foreigner has been killed in the attack, he says. Haq also confirms damage to one Pc3 Orion aircraft.Another Navy source say the terrorists stormed the base with rockets, attack the Pc3 Orion and then snuck in further during the fire caused by the plane. The fire also spread to two other planes in the hangar.

Too well-planned and coordinated to be a mere terror attack. Must have some sort of assistance.

One thing is for sure that those who attacked today were not ordinary terrorists.It appears to me that they entered the base with a set of objectives. Such kind of attacks are generally carried out by special forces of a particular country to destroy the war machines of the enemy.I think for the first time in history we are seeing such an attack being carried out by a terror group.

The choice of targeting the P3 aircraft seems suspicious, especially when these aircraft are not being used against the terrorists and terrorists usually attack to inflict more casualties rather than spend time on blowing up anti-submarine aircrafts!

and to the LeT attack in Mumbai .. :|

Yes, attackers are similar, however its not gonna last for more than few hours. Although the number is 14 as compared to 10, but on the one side Pakistani Commandos are doing operation. Further, our media is responsible Media, it does not start shouting like Indian Media. Take a chill Pill.

My understanding is that North Waziristan has Pakistani-allied Talibans who are being used to serve Pakistan's interests in the post-America Afghanistan. They are the 'moderate' Talibans Musharraf tried to push for even as early as late 2001. So these people have not much of an interest in targeting the very hands which feed and protect them.
Now who could do such an attack? I don't know.
But, when there are suicide bombers for hire in a country then anyone one with cash can exploit them: RAW, CIA, AlQaida, TTP... Just show the money!

The real question we should be asking are about the various jihadi factories operating inside Pakistan. And they exist in the heartland places like southern Punjab. Some of them are 'useful' against India. But then some of them can be useful FOR India. Whoever shows the money...

They are already routine. If you do not cut off the cancer, it will spread and devour you.

North waziristan will either make them or BREAK them.

Our enemy within Pakistan are TTP, who only targets Pakistan and Pakistanis and were formed just a few years ago, after U.S. invasion of Afghanistan. The vast majority of people in North Waziristan are not harming Pakistan and Pakistanis, so why create more enemies within Pakistan that can make it a living nightmare for Pakistan.

TTP has weakened over the years, dont bring other people into the hands of TTP to make it stronger.

Pakistan should think about only its own startegic interests.

America and Pakistan sharing mutual interests is all B.S. America wants a stronger India and a weaker Pakistan and China. America would much rather have India as the next big power than China. And the breakup and turmoil of Pakistan would suit America's interests as it would stop Pakistan from being an energy corrider for China.

Why on earth would Taliban want to destroy the Pakistani navy who are active on the warm waters of the Arabian Sea and are no where near FATA.

One thing is for sure that those who attacked today were not ordinary terrorists.It appears to me that they entered the base with a set of objectives. Such kind of attacks are generally carried out by special forces of a particular country to destroy the war machines of the enemy.I think for the first time in history we are seeing such an attack being carried out by a terror group.

Man, if you decide to give your life for a cause(whatever sh!t might it be), you can do anything that the highly trained forces wont be able to do.

start operating from karachi . lot of this Talibani & Aq pigs hiding within the city and move up to quetta as well as north waziristan

The choice of targeting the P3 aircraft seems suspicious, especially when these aircraft are not being used against the terrorists and terrorists usually attack to inflict more casualties rather than spend time on blowing up anti-submarine aircrafts!

Cutting off our anti-sub capabilities.
We should perhaps keep our eyes peeled for a pattern.

This is not the first time.. a few years ago LTTE used similar tactics to destroy Sri lankan airplanes and radars at Colombo airbase.

i'm shocked is all i can say.
P3C orion damaged/destroyed?? WTF!! since when did terrorists targeted gadgets?? considerable loss to pakistan.....pakistan seriously needs to put its house in order. otherwise only god knows whats next..... RIP to the dead. massive intel failure by ISI and army.

KARACHI: Four people were killed in an armed attack Sunday by terrorists on PNS Mehran, a heavily guarded base of Pakistan Navy, located along Sharea Faisal, according to a foreign news agency.

TV images showed flames rising in the air from PNS Mehran where terrorists blew up a US made four-engine P-3C Orion plane of Pakistan Navy.

Five injured in the incident were shifted to a local hospital.

Additional personnel of security forces were also seen moving inside PNS Mehran.

Electricity of the entire area has also been shut down.

Earlier, four blasts were reported from the area near PAF base Faisal.

Ambulances and fire tenders were seen rushing toward the base following the powerful blasts that were heard across a wide radius.

Gunshots fired from sophisticated weapons were also heard following the blasts.

It is pertinent to mention here that in the previous weeks three buses of Pakistan Navy had been attacked by terrorists in the metropolitan city of Karachi.

Four dead in PNS Mehran attack: news agency - GEO.tv

Such improvised attack cannot be done without foreign assistance and the amount of intel these guys have regarding the plane stationed there is just unbelievable.Looks like with their rockets they have come with clear intentions to destroy our military asset.

Back
Top Bottom