What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't want me to start posting links from Indian News outlets where the 'Common Indian' is not only spamming the entire comments section but is celebrating this attack like it was planned by his own "mamay da puttar".

Icarus,
You certainly know better than to be swayed by what some people are posting as comments on the internet. Who is celebrating is even irrelevant simply because the "celebrant", his "maama" and his "maamay da putar" are all so insignificant to the event that has occurred. Just that all those blokes have a means to put out on the net; thanks to www. Nothing else.

However this episode simply raises very serious questions about some things. I am sure that has grabbed your attention more vigorously than any of the "side-shows" by a motley bunch.

Most of all Belated Congratulations (did not visit the forum for some time unfortunately) on your well-deserved elevation to your present assignment, May I wish you a fruitful tenure. :cheers:
Just as I'd like to congratulate Fatman17 for handling the helm so capably in his time.

According to fresh reports, their target was an AWAC stationed there.

First of all I don't believe that the dead terrorists were foreigners. Yes, they may have had foreign training, however, we are always so fast to jump the gun on 'foreign hand'!

If, they truly were foreigners, then behold, expect a reply at least thrice the intensity in the neighborhood, and this time there will be no holding back on the scale or creativity!

rest assured

thee wont be any direct involvement of the master minds. thats too risky and against the normal SOPs.
the pictures of the dead terrorists must be released.
its really irrelevant if the terrorists were local or foreigners because what is important is what their mission and intention was. locals are an obvious choice for any subversive activity at this scale.

I must say that this can be a kind of "convincing" by you know who to not delay the Waziristan operation any more.
the intelligence is already giving warnings of Possible attacks on sensitive facilities, places of worships and political personalities.

as for sensitive installations and military bases, the responsibility lies with the base security and its rapid response units to foil any such attacks.
Pakistan Naval command of Mehran base has much to learn from the handling of this attack.

there is no time to be complicit, no excuse for oversight. foreign entities aside, its just another jolt on the mindset of the general population and our state institutions that have been looking the other way while a sectarian beast grew up over decades and morphed into an all out non-discriminatory TTP.
It is reported that all attackers are of foreign ethnicity!!
mean while TTP claims responsibility. http://dawn.com/2012/08/16/militants-attack-pakistani-airbase-at-kamra/

rest assured, one day you will see one of these captured terrorists will be found no other than the high profile terrorists that our honourable courts freed and I wont be surprised if Molana Aziz of Lal Masjid still has sympathies for TTP and Al Qaeda and would be willing host for terrorists
Total agreed, the SC and Chaudray sb are just poking its nose where it do not belongs.
The Lal Masjid saga was a case of BAD BAD REPORTING by media, the ALWAYS NEGATIVE MINDSET of Pakistani media made the terrorists, the ones responsible of creating a state with in the state look innocent. they have been made heroes and at liberty to do whatever they want!! Epic Failure on part of our Media and Judiciary!!

the navy base was located inside paf base, so it was essentially a lapse on paf's part that caused the whole bloody episode

It's a joint base, the area attacked was under Naval Command.

Their target was similar one like Mehran base. Surveillance Aircraft, first they targeted PC3 Orions, now this one. There was only one such aircraft, got minor damages, but it is safe.

Very Sad. RIP to soldiers. But bitter fact is Pakistani members are rare guests in drone attacks thread . These attacks on security establishment thread will meet the same fate soon. Just my observation in this forum. No offence. Dont want to troll.

At last some articles taking sense!!

Kamra attack: 'Minimal damage, militant deaths clear proof of preparedness'
ISLAMABAD: Hours after a Pakistan Air Force (PAF) base in Kamra was attacked, Defence Minister Naveed Qamar said that the death toll of the militants and the minimal damage caused to the base is clear proof of the preparedness of the forces.

The attack by militants on the PAF airbase and operation by security forces lasted for over four hours in which at least eight militants and one security official were killed. The base was attacked during the early hours of Thursday.

Speaking to the media in Islamabad, Qamar said, “The security of the air force was alert to retaliate in case of a possible attack and they did. We challenged the militants on different parameters, in which one of our soldiers who was posted at the security tower was martyred.”

“They had suicide vests clasped around them and were carrying heavy weaponry. They had attacked the base with an intention of having a do or die battle. However, with minimum damage caused to the base – with only one plane destroyed – the security forces were able to eliminate the terrorists.”

The defence minister said that the actual number of militants involved in the attack can only be ascertained once the inquiry is concluded.

When asked whether the attack was a result of an intelligence failure, he said that such attacks could only be defended to a certain extent and that the base is located in an urban residential area which always poses a threat of a possible infiltration.

Responding to a question regarding moving the complex away from the residential area, Qamar said it is not easy to move such big complexes that are built with massive investments. However, he said that the idea of sifting the complex will be reviewed.

The base is home to the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex that assembles Mirage and, with Chinese support, JF-17 fighter jets. It has previously come under attack twice, once in 2007 and then in 2009.

Qamar revealed that no arrests were made.

When asked about the security steps taken after Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan had threatened to attack military bases, he said, “Everyone did what they were supposed to do. The security forces challenged the militants and eliminated them. These are actually what you call security steps.”

Disengage from war on terror: Imran Khan

Putting the blame of an early morning attack on a PAF airbase in Kamra on the army fighting war on terror for United States, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan said that Pakistan needs to disengage itself from the war and then should consider launching military offensives.

Speaking to the media at Jinnah International Airport in Karachi, Khan said that every now and then, US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta gives statements and it appears as if the Pakistan Army is “deaf and dumb.”

“People will say that it is a rented army and we take money from the US to fight their wars.”

He said that a military offensive carried out in North Waziristan will have its implications on Pakistan, including a rise in terror attacks and will threaten the national security.

Expressing grief over the attack, Khan said that the civilian government should take responsibility of a democratic government and if it cannot do so, then it should hold elections. “The government proclaims that it is a democratic government, however, it refuses to take responsibility of the situation in Balochistan and FATA.”
Kamra attack: ‘Minimal damage, militant deaths clear proof of preparedness’ – The Express Tribune

All Indians .... and you know where to find them.... :tup:

Ok.. You win.. We Indians loved the attack and were disappointed that more damage was not caused.. Better luck next time ( I personally mean to the security forces, but you can chose this to be aimed at the attackers )

Icarus,
You certainly know better than to be swayed by what some people are posting as comments on the internet. Who is celebrating is even irrelevant simply because the "celebrant", his "maama" and his "maamay da putar" are all so insignificant to the event that has occurred. Just that all those blokes have a means to put out on the net; thanks to www. Nothing else.

True

However this episode simply raises very serious questions about some things. I am sure that has grabbed your attention more vigorously than any of the "side-shows" by a motley bunch.

I think that it was managed quite well, however I have some reservations about why these people weren't noticed and reported by locals around the base in the first place, either they arrived just before attacking or they have accomplices in the village located adjacent to it.

Most of all Belated Congratulations (did not visit the forum for some time unfortunately) on your well-deserved elevation to your present assignment, May I wish you a fruitful tenure. :cheers:
Just as I'd like to congratulate Fatman17 for handling the helm so capably in his time.

Thank you for the kind wishes, I hope I can live up to the expectations of friends like you.

Few days back their was a warning issued to all americans in Pakistan to be vigilant since their is high possibility of terror attacks... i`ll not jump onto conspiracy theories here, but since the americans are pressuring PAK to open another front .. it is possible a foreign hand behind this ....

I am glad this operation is over.
But I think Pakistan must be the only nation on this planet which prepares itself after the wave hits them. GHQ, Naval base, Minhas etc are example of how prone pakistan installments are to such elements and no measurements were taken to stop such a event from occurring. Pakistan SHOULD not expect any respect from any nation when our house is not in order.

I would, the court jumps at the first opportunity to grill the agencies, the military and the government. Shouldn't they be asked why in over a decade has not even a single man been sent to the gallows for terrorism? This bastard that was broken out of the Bannu jail tried to assassinate our president, he should have been hanged ages ago! Same goes for thousands of other terrorists waiting in jails to be broken out.

Lal Masjid terrorists and people like Malik Ishaq have openly taunted and threatened the witnesses and judges while in the court but they were set free. granted that our prosecution sucks but so does the attitude of the judges who will take somoto action on someone bad mouthing them in press conference but will let go the terrorists who have the witnesses assassinated while under custody and then allowed to go because no one is left alive to help with conviction.

coming back to the story

I cant help but admire (grudgingly) at the bravery of these attacks on high profile military installations like bases and GHQ. I dont care if they were foreigners or locals or rouge ex-soldiers, independently motivated or assisted by foreign entities.
what I care and what is important for me is their execution and their ability to make a mark and cause a jolt.

we just cant be complicit. and I must defend the ISI here, they are their jobs very well and putting their necks on the line. its the preventative measures and the preparedness of the base commanders that should foil any future ambitious and outrageous attacks by the anti-Pakistan elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom