What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it was security breach or not. But now this incident will certainly give huge propaganda value to the international media. Which can be counterproductive for our security establishment.
Actually buddy, I think this was the real target, not your planes......planes MIGHT have been cherry on the top for them....

One of the aircraft of Pakistan Air Force was damaged in RPG attack by the terrorists. RPG was fired from outside the airbase.

Read more: PAF Minhas Airbase / Kamra Air Base Under Terrorist Attack: Post Attack Situation ~ Pakistan Military Review

Quoting this blog

"- One of the dead terrorist is believed to be a foreigner.
- None of the aircraft was damaged during the attack by the terrorists.
- One of the aircraft of Pakistan Air Force was damaged in RPG attack by the terrorists.

- RPG was fired from outside the airbase."

they have no idea what they're saying

A friend of mine lives in Fateh Jang ..and according to him Kamra had an incident of terrorism 4 months ago and since then the area was under strict watch.....No un identified people were allowed anywhere near the complex..

and yet the terrorists succeeded to damage one aircraft and kill one security man

7-8 attacked. Initially some occupied roof of a house just outside the outer boundary wall and provided covering fire at one of the entry points. Also fired RPG rockets at the entry point as well as towards some visible aircraft, causing minor damage to one aircraft. Also managed to enter under the covering fire. However, due to immediate reaction of quick reaction force, were contained and could not proceed any further and 7 were killed.

One own soldier martyred. The Base Commander, leading the response effort got injured and is OK.

All under control.

F uck the enemy.

Pakistan Zindabad.

Quoting this blog

"- One of the dead terrorist is believed to be a foreigner.
- None of the aircraft was damaged during the attack by the terrorists.
- One of the aircraft of Pakistan Air Force was damaged in RPG attack by the terrorists.

- RPG was fired from outside the airbase."

they have no idea what they're saying

Like I said, too many rumors going right now. It's best to wait and see the extent of the damage (if there was any)

Pind sulaiman makhan is the village from where the Terrorists entered the Airbase...
ARY showing live footage from the village and there are aircrafts visible within RPG range...

What was the evidence?

You asked if any TTP ever "confessed" and I explained that they have.

As for making evidence public, a formal announcement would necessitate an act of war on the foreign sponsors of TTP, and Pakistan is in no position to declare war on these countries. However, the deep intel, the specific targets, and the sophisticated training and equipment of the terrorists leaves markers which are enough for our security agencies to know what's going on.

Hence the proxy way. That is why it is called a "proxy war". This is how proxy wars are fought -- with plausible deniability on all sides.

P.S. Note that I am not discounting moles on the ground. As I wrote before, the foot soldiers are all "our own". However, the bigger picture is a lot more complicated.

any news on the type of aircraft?

I hope its not Saab-2000 AEW&C

Pind sulaiman makhan is the village from where the Terrorists entered the Airbase...
ARY showing live footage from the village and there are aircrafts visible within RPG range...
can you identify aircrafts type?

Locals say too many afghans live in the area in Refugee camps....

can you identify aircrafts type?

Looks like IL-78 tanker

Terrorists entered from this isde of Complex and locals say they are aware of many places from where they can enter into the Kamra base without being detected...

kamra - Google Maps

The injured Base commander who was transferred to Hospital is reported to be fine and recovering...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom