What's new

Atomic bomb in hiroshima( Not for faint hearted)

as the radiation cloud settles there is a barren and a very hot place sans life of any sort or any promise of it for some 1000 years.

I thought Hiroshima and Nagasaki were rebuilt in place. No?

the failure of humanity was that the Americans were not made to pay for what they did to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
If Japan would have been conquered by the American army..surely they'd have not killed the innocents.It was mass extermination....the gravest human crime.

Compared to what the Japanese did in China,Philipines,Korea and Myanmar.Hiroshima and Nagasaki are quite small.The japanese deserved those bombs

Compared to what the Japanese did in China,Philipines,Korea and Myanmar.Hiroshima and Nagasaki are quite small.The japanese deserved those bombs

Two wrong doesn't make one right.

Seeking vengeance from civillians
who have least to do with th whole senario can only satisfy one's sadistic tendencies.

Two wrong doesn't make one right.

Seeking vengeance from civillians
who have least to do with th whole senario can only satisfy one's sadistic tendencies.

I think this nuclear saved lot of civilians too. If war is between Army its ok but when it becomes civilians it harms society. Germany and Japan have started killing civilians and therefore they deserve it. Although Germany would deserve it more, but it was just unfortunate that Japan got the worst gift. If some consider Japan was good then its not true. They were using Comfort Women for their satisfaction. They were not man they were worst and two bombs made them man. If Japan could have nuclear tech, America would have been wiped out.

The worst Enemies of the century America and Japan are now the best Friend of 21st century. So, Fights and Friendship are not static.

The carpet bombing of Dresden killed 135,000. Comparable to Hiroshima (150,000) and Nagasaki (75,000).

I think this nuclear saved lot of civilians too. If war is between Army its ok but when it becomes civilians it harms society. Germany and Japan have started killing civilians and therefore they deserve it. Although Germany would deserve it more, but it was just unfortunate that Japan got the worst gift. If some consider Japan was good then its not true. They were using Comfort Women for their satisfaction. They were not man they were worst and two bombs made them man. If Japan could have nuclear tech, America would have been wiped out.

The worst Enemies of the century America and Japan are now the best Friend of 21st century. So, Fights and Friendship are not static.

Two things here: One , you missed the essenece of my post, i am not touting japan here , my main concern is civillian casualities --- 200,000 odd in two days.

Two your post is mostly based on if and buts which has no place in history.

Two things here: One , you missed the essenece of my post, i am not touting japan here , my main concern is civillian casualities --- 200,000 odd in two days.

Two your post is mostly based on if and buts which has no place in history.

Japan, Germany and even (Axis) were killing Civilians. If you check there were lot of civilian casualties. They were killing 1000's of civilians and burring them in the dig made by them. Earlier I used to blame this on US but now I understand it was Japan who was wrong and not the US. Off course if Japan would have been Nuke Supplied, we would never have seen America what we see now. Japanese were very aggressive and would not have hesitate to use any method available.

These are Saddams WMD sad Japan is a pupet of US now or perhaps i should say the impact of Hersohima got them being slaves feel sorry for them i didn't learn this in my US history class that US created the Japan Hollacaust although i read very often abotu JEWS.

Japan, Germany and even (Axis) were killing Civilians. If you check there were lot of civilian casualties. They were killing 1000's of civilians and burring them in the dig made by them. Earlier I used to blame this on US but now I understand it was Japan who was wrong and not the US. Off course if Japan would have been Nuke Supplied, we would never have seen America what we see now. Japanese were very aggressive and would not have hesitate to use any method available.

Well the fat of the matter is that japanese were already on the verge of surrender infact thay offered it in june 1945 which was thoroughly rejected.

Well the fat of the matter is that japanese were already on the verge of surrender infact thay offered it in june 1945 which was thoroughly rejected.

US asked unconditional surrender and sign on conditions of US. Best Japan could do was unconditional surrender and they might have done that but US's condition of remaining military free nation throughout history must have caused Nuke. Yes, you can say, US was guilty here but who knows that it has prevented more wars in the modern world.

I think atomic energy should to be used only for civilian purposes not for inhuman purposes.

Off course but who will not use. Ask Pakistan to get out of Nuclear Energy. It will straight fully deny. Ask India, they too will say no. Ask China and they will too say no.

US is root cause of Nuke, but if US would not have develop someone else would have develop.

I don't meant so. I just want that we should to develop a few for out safety because to defend a country power is needed but we can avoid to hit a country just for check. It is last option not first as 1st time they did.

what if no nuclear waipons on planet ? i think one day humen will accept this and world will become nuclear free.

This is a totally rubbish statement statement of opinion. The atomic bomb dropping ended the war and saved many times over the number of Japanese deaths that an invasion would have required. More to the point it saved thousands of American lives. In a war it is the duty of military leaders to do what is necessary to protect their troops from harm, as much as is consistent with winning. That's what the US did and what any competent military force would do.

The Japs were on the back-foot, the wars in the pacific were going in your favor...Indo-china was almost liberated...Australia fought the Japs back...you were winning the naval war.What the bomb did..was that it shortened your expenses.There was i believe no grave threat coming from the Japs at that moment....the bomb had more of a symbolic meaning than it had a practical meaning.The Germans,Brits and the Ruskies had their own A-bomb programs going on(at least they claimed so)...and in the race to be the next true superpower...you needed a Hiroshima and naga to straighten the Soviets.
even the Soviets were planning to invade Japan...and your capture of Guam was to initiate an invasion into the mainland.An invading army would not have killed the civilian population....but only the people wielding weapons.Even a Blockade of the islands of Japan would have made sure the country which had scarce resources of it's own surrenders.
Those bombs killed women, children and the elderly.
The Atom bombs should be the last resort if at all for a country...and it wasn't that the united states of america was running the risk of suffering an invasion of it's own...Germany was defeated....and there was only one front left to conquer.

Back
Top Bottom